Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Exclamation New Expansion Class/Race [spoilers]

Hi all,

From all the hints in the current game and the info from datamining 7.3, we know a void/old god expansion is the the next logical step. There are also great hints that we will see Kul'Tiras and some other isles/sea content. I am convinced that we will see those places next xpac. However, I did not read any logical speculation about possible new classes or races. I have a theory of my own, which I will share with you, so please provide me with feedback on that, but also let me know what you think is the new class or race.

My 1st theory (and the one I think is most likely at this point) is that we will get a new class. Now that we know that Alleria is poking around in some dark matter and updating her skills to use the void, while learning of her sisters fate, the gateway opens to the new class of Dark Ranger or Void ranger. It seems clear that the windrunner sisters will play a big part in the new x-pansion, with alleria and vareesa hunting down her sister sylvanas who sided with the void. Alleria and Vareesa therefore will make the skillset available for players. Also, the Dark Ranger class has some root in the old versions of Warcraft, so I would not be surprised if they introduce it. Also, there is time for a new ranged dps class after having DK, Monk and DH.

Secondly, If we won't see a new class, I think the Ethereals (close connection to the void, but not corrupted) will become a new Race which will be available for both Horde and Alliance.

What are your thoughts on this?

Deleted
    I think the next class will be a hunter/ranger. It will most likely be a Hero Class; based on a lore character, most likely a lore character central to the theme of the expansion, such as Illidan and Arthas. I hope that we will get a Moon Hunter, seeing Tyrande Whisperwind have had a lot of time in the spotlight. It might be a Dark Ranger. We can't know for sure, however, between the Dark Ranger and Moon Hunter, I think it is more likely that we get the Moon Hunter. I'm afraid that, it wont happen this expansion. I think we might not get a Hero Class in respect to the previous expansions: there haven't consequently been a Hero Classes implemented, following a "Hero-Class-Expansion".

What race. I don't know, we will most likely not see it comming! Therefor I will throw another idea (not the Ethereals, who I would prefer) out in the air: Highborne. Why not more Elves! It is not unlikely Highborne, seeing there are some Highbornes, whom are not corrupted.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lihav View Post
    Hi all,

From all the hints in the current game and the info from datamining 7.3, we know a void/old god expansion is the the next logical step.
    Oh cool. More time traveling orc hugging panda babies were just born.

Quote Originally Posted by Ametaphysics View Post
    I think the next class will be a hunter/ranger. It will most likely be a Hero Class; based on a lore character, most likely a lore character central to the theme of the expansion, such as Illidan and Arthas. I hope that we will get a Moon Hunter, seeing Tyrande Whisperwind have had a lot of time in the spotlight. It might be a Dark Ranger. We can't know for sure, however, between the Dark Ranger and Moon Hunter, I think it is more likely that we get the Moon Hunter. I'm afraid that, it wont happen this expansion. I think we might not get a Hero Class in respect to the previous expansions: there haven't consequently been a Hero Classes implemented, following a "Hero-Class-Expansion".

What race. I don't know, we will most likely not see it comming! Therefor I will throw another idea (not the Ethereals, who I would prefer) out in the air: Highborne. Why not more Elves! It is not unlikely Highborne, seeing there are some Highbornes, whom are not corrupted.
    There's very few differences between highborne and other nelves, highborne themselves were just a caste in ancient Kaldorei society and not really a race/subrace.

What? What the hell is moon hunter? And why is it more likely than Dark ranger (which is also terrible idea btw)? And who would have moon hunter? Only night elves who are the only one, who worship moon?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    There's very few differences between highborne and other nelves, highborne themselves were just a caste in ancient Kaldorei society and not really a race/subrace.
    You noticed it. Well, I didn't want to be too specific. Highbornes evolved into different races, thus leaving it open to speculate, which race would be appropriate to the upcoming expansion. If I have to be more specific, then I propose: High Elves as the next race.

Excerpt from WoWwiki:
    The Highborne, also known as Highborn or High-borne, — Quel'dorei meaning "children of noble birth" in Darnassian and "high elves" in Thalassian) were the upper classes of the Kaldorei civilization and the favored servitors of Queen Azshara. Despite their near-identical physical appearance, the ancient Kaldorei were already split across racial lines as night elves and "Highborne" elves. The Highborne of Zin'Azshari, the Night Elf capital were largely responsible for the War of the Ancients, and most of those Highborne who had allied with the demons and survived the war later became the Naga and the Satyr. Those that allied with the Kaldorei Resistance before the last battle of the war evolved into the modern high elves.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ondray View Post
    What? What the hell is moon hunter? And why is it more likely than Dark ranger (which is also terrible idea btw)? And who would have moon hunter? Only night elves who are the only one, who worship moon?
    I also don't see anything like moon hunter ever happen. There is no lore or fundamental idea for that. The next expansion is mostly going to lean on void versus light. Therefore i expect something like 'moon' would be weird. Turalyon and alleria just returned so they will take a huge part in the next storyline.. and yes.. You have guessed it they are light (holy) vs void. Other than thay we will see jaina and kul tiras, which might be attacked from the deep (nzoth) and/or the naga. Jaina and kul tiras might not even be our allies and already fallen for the void and old gold. However, I suspect jaina will not be corrupted and after Legion she will invite us to Boralis in Kul Tiras (which I expect to be the new captal/hub) to fight against the void down below and against sylvanas (who got corrupted by nzoth).

You noticed it. Well, I didn't want to be too specific. Highbornes evolved into different races, thus leaving it open to speculate, which race would be appropriate to the upcoming expansion. If I have to be more specific, then I propose: High Elves as the next race.

Excerpt from WoWwiki:
    The Highborne, also known as Highborn or High-borne, — Quel'dorei meaning "children of noble birth" in Darnassian and "high elves" in Thalassian) were the upper classes of the Kaldorei civilization and the favored servitors of Queen Azshara. Despite their near-identical physical appearance, the ancient Kaldorei were already split across racial lines as night elves and "Highborne" elves. The Highborne of Zin'Azshari, the Night Elf capital were largely responsible for the War of the Ancients, and most of those Highborne who had allied with the demons and survived the war later became the Naga and the Satyr. Those that allied with the Kaldorei Resistance before the last battle of the war evolved into the modern high elves.
    Even then, high elves are too similar to blood elves, considering they're the same race and would be virtually identical to belves (lore-wise, even if they're given seperate models).

Although I wouldn't mind nightborne as a nelf subrace.

Alternatively, you could make helves an Alliance subrace of belves and nightborne a Horde subrace of nelves.

Deleted
    Even then, high elves are too similar to blood elves, considering they're the same race and would be virtually identical to belves (lore-wise, even if they're given seperate models).

Although I wouldn't mind nightborne as a nelf subrace.

Alternatively, you could make helves an Alliance subrace of belves and nightborne a Horde subrace of nelves.
    High elves are as similair as, blood elves are to night elves. I think your premis is flawed.

This has come up a few times.

At the moment the chances of the new race/sub race is better then a new class. We had a new class - I don't think a class will reappear again unless they make something that aligns with the expansion like Pandaren and Monk with Mists of Pandaria. Usually it's a class then race with exceptions but a new set of races would be the likely option.
    This in turn has inspired things from Naga to Etheraels thanks to a lot of in-game references, models, updates and so forth which we don't know the direction of the next expansion properly as there's so much going on.
    There's lots of talks with sub-races with certain models appearing. From Lightforged Draenei, Nightborne conversations and then to balance it Vrykul, Earthern/Iron/Dark Dwarves, Wretched, Taunka that already exist and so on. There's talk of Etheraels arriving on our doorsteps with the Void suggestions or Naga because of it too.

The only really decent conclusion is Ion said "Dragons will be very important" at 112, which means that it will be Azeroth based at least or fuck perhaps not? We could be using the Bronze Dragonflight to go to other timelines like we did in Warlords. It's still so very broad and so much speculation it's anyone's guess.
    As I've played more of Legion, so far I have seen pop up Blue Dragonflight in and out of Broken Isles, Bronze Dragonflight outside of Broken Isles, Twilight Dragonflight outside Broken Isles, Red Dragonflight outside of Broken Isles. Black Dragonflight in Broken Isles. Green Dragonflight in Broken Isles as well.

And I've not even played all of the classes to see their individual sections.
    Last edited by Evangeliste; 2017-07-22 at 10:27 AM.

Deleted
    We already have 2 elf races. It would be too much imho if we have a third elf race. I think Blizzard wouldnt risk it. I still see the new Dark Ranger class as the most viable option. It would fit the lore. Maybe they will introduce Dark Rangers AND Ethereals like they did with Monks and Pandaren in MoP. I am sure the Ethereal will also have an important part in the new expansion as their ties to the void are strong, but they are not allied, rather they see the void as a threat. Thus making them a new ally for us.

Ill put my money on Dark Ranger class AND Ethereal race. We will see if I am right or wrong at next Blizzcon.

High elves are as similair as, blood elves are to night elves. I think your premis is flawed.
    No blood and high elves are literally the same race, blood elves just changed their names to honor their slain brethren and gained green eyes due to fel corruption. High elves were those who refused to syphon the life out of other creatures and exiled themselves or were exiled.

They aren't .. 1 of all , there's like 10 HEs left. They're NEVER gonna be playable race , let alone on Alliance. Juesus, it's not that hard of a concept , you've had plenty of time since TBC. And secondly , blood elves ARE high elves with a different eye color. That's it. The only other thing that differentiates high elves from belfs , is the high elves cowardess and repeated betrayal of their kin.

Thx to Isilrien for the awesome sig

Quote Originally Posted by Nero Stormchester View Post
    They aren't .. 1 of all , there's like 10 HEs left. They're NEVER gonna be playable race , let alone on Alliance. Juesus, it's not that hard of a concept , you've had plenty of time since TBC. And secondly , blood elves ARE high elves with a different eye color. That's it. The only other thing that differentiates high elves from belfs , is the high elves cowardess and repeated betrayal of their kin.
    Well there are definitely more than 10 high elves left and population size has never been relevant to playable races (almost all of the trolls in the Horde come from the Darkspear, a pretty small and marginalized tribe).

Aside from that though, I agree with that you're saying.

Deleted
    No blood and high elves are literally the same race, blood elves just changed their names to honor their slain brethren and gained green eyes due to fel corruption. High elves were those who refused to syphon the life out of other creatures and exiled themselves or were exiled.
    I agree, that the notion of race in warcraft universe is vague, however, according to several sources: High elves should be regarded as a race, sub-race to elves.

Why are you so reluctant to look things up? If we are having a discussion, at least show some consideration to the facts being stated. It is not my intention to come at you personally, it is just a general advice. If you add something into an argument which surmise to facts which have been laid out, then you'd want to back it up with some facts are reasoning.

Appearance
    Exceprt from WoWpedia:
    In World of Warcraft, the high elves closely resemble blood elves appearance-wise (they in fact share the same model, although high elves typically have light colored eyes that vary from light grey to blue to green, and occasionally brown, as opposed to the neon-iridescent green eyes of blood elves; high elf models also have less diversity in skin and hair color), but their voices are more mild-mannered like those of night elves (in the game, they use the same voices as night elves, although unsuitable Darnassian lines such as "Elune'adore", "Ishnu'alah" or "Goddess watch over you", are not used). Lore-wise, as high elves and blood elves are the same race (and the latter holds the majority population), it is not uncommon for high elves to be mistaken for blood elves. Taela Everstride at Allerian Stronghold even says, somewhat bemusedly, "No, don't feel bad. I get that a lot... I'm a high elf, not a blood elf. Don't worry, I won't suck the magic out of you." However, other than greeting voices, both high and blood elves appear to share similar voice emotes in-game, particularly during combat. Before World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade, in-game high and blood elves used modified night elf models.

Elves do have several characteristics in common. All three groups have unusually acute senses and are able to see clearly even in low-light conditions. As a general rule, elves are also slim, athletic, and graceful. Furthermore, they all have large pointed ears that have been greeted with admiration or mockery by other races.

One similarity between various elves only came about recently: since the night elves sacrificed their immortality and much of their power at the end of the Third War, all elves are now mortal and have comparable lifespans that can extend as long as several thousand years.

EDIT:
    Well there are definitely more than 10 high elves left and population size has never been relevant to playable races (almost all of the trolls in the Horde come from the Darkspear, a pretty small and marginalized tribe).

I concur. On top of that, this thread was meant to share and discuss ideas, which could become a possiblity. Some ideas might be more likely than other, however, bear in mind Pandas and Goblins...

As far as Hero Class goes, it is evident from previous expansions, that the upcoming expansion probably not will introduce it; yet it is not inconclusive: it might happen, we had MoP, so why not?
    Last edited by mmoc590ae42818; 2017-07-22 at 10:46 AM.

My bad there. 90% of the population became Belves after the Third War , hence 10% still call themselves Helves, though I'm sure most of them died by now.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree, that the notion of race in warcraft universe is vague, however, according to several sources: High elves should be regarded as a race, sub-race to elves.

Why are you so reluctant to look things up? If we are having a discussion, at least show some consideration to the facts being stated. It is not my intention to come at you personally, it is just a general advice. If you add something into an argument which surmise to facts which have been laid out, then you'd want to back it up with some facts are reasoning.

Appearance
    Exceprt from WoWpedia:
    In World of Warcraft, Lore-wise, as high elves and blood elves are the same race (and the latter holds the majority population) .
    See your own quote tells you , that they are the SAME race >.< do you have reading comprehension ?

10+ Year Old Account
    I just don't see another 'dark' class happening. Not sure what difference there is between a Dark Ranger or Hunter either, other than dark arrows they can just add as a glyph.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nero Stormchester View Post
    My bad there. 90% of the population became Belves after the Third War , hence 10% still call themselves Helves, though I'm sure most of them died by now.

- - - Updated - - -

See your own quote tells you , that they are the SAME race >.< do you have reading comprehension ?
    You can quote me without paying attention, to what previously have been stated. That is surely a way to prove your point, it doesn't make it true and I'm not sure what you actually bring to this thread other than verbally resorting to personal attacks. Regarding the SAME race: yes they are elves. Then there's sub-races to elves. That is what you should comprehend from reading the lore.

I think you lack basic understanding on how to properly conduct your manner, and to follow inductive reasoning, let's examine the contradictory facts at the same site:
    "There are six races of elves: night elves, nightborne, Highborne elves, high elves, blood elves and an undead variant, the darkfallen elves. They can essentially be divided into two main groups. The night group of Elves who are nocturnal centered around Moon/stars and night theme and the day group of Elves - Light, day and sun themed. Hybrids between elves and humans, such as half-elves, are also mentioned in lore. Of these, only known half-elf has appeared in-game, Arator."
    ,http://wow.gamepedia.com/Elf#Races

What about the concept of race in a fantasy genre? What about different sources, in regard to the genre defining races, such as night elves and high elves? What about sources in game defining the high elf as a race?
    Last edited by mmoc590ae42818; 2017-07-22 at 11:07 AM.

You can quote me without paying attention, to what previously have been stated. That is surely a way to prove your point, it doesn't make it true and I'm not sure what you actually bring to this thread other than verbally resorting to personal attacks.

I think you lack basic understanding on how to properly conduct your manner, and to follow inductive reasoning, let's examine the contradictory facts at the same site:
    "There are six races of elves: night elves, nightborne, Highborne elves, high elves, blood elves and an undead variant, the darkfallen elves. They can essentially be divided into two main groups. The night group of Elves who are nocturnal centered around Moon/stars and night theme and the day group of Elves - Light, day and sun themed. Hybrids between elves and humans, such as half-elves, are also mentioned in lore. Of these, only known half-elf has appeared in-game, Arator."
    ,http://wow.gamepedia.com/Elf#Races

What about the concept of race in a fantasy genre? What about different sources, in regard to the genre defining races, such as night elves and high elves? What about sources in game defining the high elf as a race?
    There's no point of trying to hide behind fancy words , that won't change the essence of the argument . Let me attempt to simplify the situation for you with an analogy. You have your family , right ? Than one day , there's n more money to feed the family , there's war and hardship , so everyone in your family decides to start hunting deer. Everyone except for you weird cousin Mose and his sister Martha. They decide to exile themselves and go hug some trees instead . Do Mose and Martha become a different race ?

Cause that's exactly what you're trying to say. Replace family with the elf race, hunting with draining mana , and Mose and Martha with high elf exiles.

Deleted
    We just got a new class, the only time we got both a new race and class was MoP.

The greatest likelihood, at least as far as I can see, is new races with new race/class combos like cataclysm rolled out. They won't make a new class so soon, it means they have to spend time making new artifacts for them and I don't think they wanna "waste time" on that.

What I see is blood elf going the pandaren route, but not the way you're thinking. Sin'dorei remains sin'dorei and keep their big story and everything that has happened up until now, however doing something like this means they make high elves playable, it's simply a gameplay tactic. Then you need a new horde race to fill in the void left by elves, and while you do that, you can add ethereals as playable as well, put 'em in the same camp as pandaren.

New class make-up, the best way I see that happening is through new specs which adds something extra, for example a ranged spec for rogues. Adding new weapon types to fill in both what the new specs bring as well as maybe opening things up a bit for other classes on what weapons they can wield due to their new specs. For example, I can also see them giving death knight a necromancer spec which will probably include a staff or at least a dagger and off-hand. Druid would probably not receive a new spec, just adding a bit of... Extra stuff or reworking some of their stuff like maybe as feral you can choose between a few different choices on what kind of DPS you wanna be, stay cat and stealthy with all the dots and shit. Go wolf and become bursty as all hell. Go Boar and become more focused on sustainable strong attacks rather than multiple mid-power attacks super quickly. Can put some measure of this into all the specs. Like you can choose between bear or turtle, bear can dish out a lot of damage and sustains through self-heals and stuff, turtle can take insane amounts of damage and sustains self through defensive cooldowns. Really there's a lot of stuff they could do.

But Dark Ranger and that stuff? I don't see it happening, not yet at least... If anything could always make it a hunter spec.