Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valaut View Post
    Oh no, how can I live with my life now considering you spoiled next expansion story and content with your omnipotent prophet skills?!

You know that what you are doing is just speculating like 18592185192852185 others on this forum, and is in no way a spoiler. Putting a danging spoiler tag in your post doesn't make it more credible.
    I talked about some data mined stuff in my introduction. Which is a spoiler to some. (Like alleria and turalyon) Therefore put the spoiler tag.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    They could easily make Ethereals have faces made of energy poking through their wrappings, with different ways to customize. It's not like they'd add in the old, outdated models and animations they have now and call it a day if ethereals ever became playable.
    There are new ethereal models in 7.3
    Still no face, though they look kinda cool though.

But not enough to be a playable race.

7+ Year Old Account
    no class next expansion, we already had in legion, new class means more unbalanced shit

New races, yes, i hope so, much like Cata give us new races after a heroic class in LK, and since this expansions look like Cata" coming after a major world enemy"

Saying this, if we get new races, should not be only one, and not neutral

only one race is boring, lame, and neutral is bullshit talking away the faction identity, its was ok with pandarens ( even if would preffer the mogu) but stop with then

2 new races way better for lore and gameplay mechanics, So the Horde can finally get Ogres, and alliance can get something else, cause there is a plenty of races who could be ( personally i would like Vrykul, but they could do nagas, arakkoa, etherals, create a new one, many possibilities)

an no more fuckiong elves , damn

Quote Originally Posted by Lihav View Post
    My 1st theory (and the one I think is most likely at this point) is that we will get a new class. Now that we know that Alleria is poking around in some dark matter and updating her skills to use the void, while learning of her sisters fate, the gateway opens to the new class of Dark Ranger or Void ranger. It seems clear that the windrunner sisters will play a big part in the new x-pansion, with alleria and vareesa hunting down her sister sylvanas who sided with the void. Alleria and Vareesa therefore will make the skillset available for players. Also, the Dark Ranger class has some root in the old versions of Warcraft, so I would not be surprised if they introduce it. Also, there is time for a new ranged dps class after having DK, Monk and DH.
    " Sylvanas who sided with the void "

You're aware on the 7.3 PTR Alleria is the one dabbling with the void? If we delve further into it, the knaifu basically says she's there's now even if she doesn't know it, but the knaifu lies (sorry spriests). Sylvanas will not end up a villain they've already done this about 2 expansions ago with Garrosh they've also killed off Cairne and Vol'jin, I highly doubt Sylvanas will be meeting her end any time soon.

Anyway as far as races go, Vrykul would be a good bet for me, they're one of the few races in game that actually have proper animations including facial animations. It wouldn't take a great deal of time to add facial animations to the females as they currently lack them, the male Vrykuls are basically a finished product.

As for the nightborne which some people ask for, they have no facial animations and use the night elf skeleton, they have only one face as well as far as I can tell and only a handful of hairstyles, I cannot see them being playable, I cannot see Ethereals being playable either.
    Last edited by Zephre; 2017-07-23 at 06:57 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    no class next expansion, we already had in legion, new class means more unbalanced shit

New races, yes, i hope so, much like Cata give us new races after a heroic class in LK, and since this expansions look like Cata" coming after a major world enemy"

Saying this, if we get new races, should not be only one, and not neutral

only one race is boring, lame, and neutral is bullshit talking away the faction identity, its was ok with pandarens ( even if would preffer the mogu) but stop with then

2 new races way better for lore and gameplay mechanics, So the Horde can finally get Ogres, and alliance can get something else, cause there is a plenty of races who could be ( personally i would like Vrykul, but they could do nagas, arakkoa, etherals, create a new one, many possibilities)

an no more fuckiong elves , damn
    Neutral Races
    I agree to everything above. Furthermore, neutral races makes for less tension between Horde vs Alliance theme, which is bad considering Alliance Vs Horde should be the epitome of the game, lore-wise. It's the battle between Horde and Alliance, which got me started into the game; on top of that, it makes for a logical balance, since the stronger the Alliance gets the stronger the Horde can be. It is not necessary to make us to be space-flying semi-gods killing everything by just looking at it, in order to make it fit the lore, which currently is centrerad about how strong we have become and what gods we can battle. Thus would two new races be ideal to start the battle between Horde and Alliance more pressing, at least put it into focus; certainly if Blizzard would introduce "Hero Races" -- NO, I am NOT saying they should be stronger in game ! I am saying they would be stronger lore-wise. Naturally would these new races, renounce cooperation with the other newly introduced race, forcing each faction to follow the newly introduced race, on each faction.
    Even though, I am wishing for this to become a reality: introducing two new races one for each faction, I'm assuming it won't happen this expansion. First and foremost from a technical POV, it's cheaper for Blizzard to introduce neutral races. Secondly it's consequently logical following the lore, having a new race joining forces with us since we rescued them from their enemy, by pursuing our antagonist -- currently Kil'jaeden. The reason being: the threat is so huge, that Alliance and Horde are obliged to cooperate. Perhaps afterwards, once the threat have been dealt with or gotten less relevant. Then, we can battle eachother. Just as WoW was intended to be, two factions fighting eachoter -- choose a side and fight the other side.

Sub-Races
    One can speculate accordingly to lore by considering, what race is relevant to the (most likely) upcoming patch.

Argus
    We'll anyone connected to either the protagonists, such as Alleria and Turalyon. Alleria is a High Elf, hence my initial guess of new sub-race being
    a Highborne, and my second guess High Elf. Turalyon is a human, however it seems unlikely that he will command certain human faction to join forces with ous. The lost logical conclusion would be that Alleria beckons a group of High Elves to join forces with us.
    Jaina Proudmoore, could rally forces as well, notably the Highbornes Shen'dralar. Why Shen'dralar because lore indicates that Shen'dralar are important by having taught Night Elves magic, furthermore were Shen'dralar previous followers of Azshara and would revolt at the idea of her being what she have become and on top of that -- the affinity for arcane magic, connection with Jaina Proudmoore and no leader (who might be a protagonist in upcoming faction) -- the Highbornes could be used as a template for a Hero Class, namely Priestess of the Moon; we understand that Malfurion is important to lore; and such is the Priestess of the Moon, Tyrande Whisperwind. They are two central characters who could be used as means of lore crafting. Such ideas could involve a restauration of the world whereas the Highborne would be a logical agents considering their affinity for the cult of Elune, which emphasis nature and life. Tyrande Whisperwind could be a protagnist trying to rescue Malfurion from corruption, which could be possible due to the Emerald Nightmare and Old Gods.

Finally the last option: we could get the Eredars -- we defeat their captivator(s).
    Old Gods
    This is another idea, where we need to cooperate with the titanic watchers, hence Ulduar etc. Following this path, could lead us into cooperating or freeing the the titans. There's several races of titanic creations, such as Tol'vir and Iron Vrykul, which could make it possible to introduce one titanic creation race for each faction -- NO, THEY WILL NOT BE STRONGER IN GAME. It should be used by the lore to establish tension between Horde and Alliance again. Leading each faction through different paths.

Tol'vir
    Excerpt from WoWpedia:
    When the Drakkari tribe of trolls moved north to hunt down northern aqiri colonies during the war between the trolls and the aqir, they encountered something unexpected: enslaved tol'vir. These "obsidian destroyers", as they were called, had been dwelling outside of Ulduar until the aqir arrived and enslaved them. Despite their ferocious strength, the Drakkari were able to topple the destroyers and their aqiri masters.

Iron Vrykul
    This might be a bit difficult, albeit Blizzard could make it happen. There's several reasons why it could work. They were created by the titans and pressumably lived under ground, thus they might be kins with Dwarves and Gnomes. We have seen them in Ulduar.
    Last edited by mmoc590ae42818; 2017-07-23 at 08:08 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dlhak View Post
    I think there won't be a new class, probably a new race for next expansion, or new class/race combos.

BC new class/race combos
    Woltk new class
    Cata new races
    MoP new class
    WoD new class/race combos
    Legion new class

Next Race or class/race combos ?

I personnaly hope for new races for Demon hunters and a third ranger spec. (Diablo III demon hunter?)
    Your lists seems slightly confused.

Personally what I want is more customization instead of a legitimate "new race" as wow continually struggles to give the spotlight to the races it already has. No more than an introductory scenario and, perhaps a racial quest chain that sheds lore in the way class campaigns did, but without the added mechanics.

"Sub-factions" that we already see as part of the world, and fine let's take high elves out of the equation because they share model with blood elves*, a lot of factions and/or races have a more potential customization.

-Draenei->Broken (and seeing that the Broken on Argus use the draenei model, no "but the tauren skeleton" thing) and lightforged*
    -Undead ->Undead Elves
    -Tauren ->Taunka and Yaungol*
    -Dwarves ->Earthen/iron/frost
    -Orcs ->Maghar
    etc.

-Beyond that, they could add neutral Vrykul and Nightborne, who already have models and that we have already get to know on lore. In terms of racials, they could just cook a new set, or we could just be done with racials and replace them with another set of traits that you are able to choose upon character creation, and give that set of traits a racial flavor depending on the race you choose.

*IMO the horde/alliance binary is not a good or bad thing for the game, merely a choice; if they decided to be less restrictive, sub-factions could be a great way of allow some crossing between the sides by allowing neutral factions of that race to pic a side, or allow an already factioned version of that race on the other side

Then you could give the alliance the choice for blood elf models with the high elves, tauren with yaungol and hightotem, and give the horde the choice for draenei models with lightforged and human with fresh undead -and fresh undead would feel like a real gain in terms of balance because we all know humans are the most played race.

Did anyone think how current armors could fit on nagas? They cant wear boots, cant equip leg armor, robes will look horrible on them and I dont believe blizz gonna work on this to be available. Also Ogres will never make it to the game cause MU ogres are "me smash u die" type mongols who has no chance to stand against void lords. Also they are natural enemies of orcs so horde would not welcome them. Arakkoa? They never been on azeroth, AU arakkoa has no reason to come to azeroth, outland arakkoa is way left in the past they cant come up suddenly.

If there will be any new race, it will be either from argus or another planet or it will be an azerothian that we have never met before.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lifebinderx View Post
    Did anyone think how current armors could fit on nagas? They cant wear boots, cant equip leg armor, robes will look horrible on them and I dont believe blizz gonna work on this to be available. Also Ogres will never make it to the game cause MU ogres are "me smash u die" type mongols who has no chance to stand against void lords. Also they are natural enemies of orcs so horde would not welcome them. Arakkoa? They never been on azeroth, AU arakkoa has no reason to come to azeroth, outland arakkoa is way left in the past they cant come up suddenly.

If there will be any new race, it will be either from argus or another planet or it will be an azerothian that we have never met before.
    I can agree on the following:
    - Ogres are stupid, however, how stupid are they? Perhaps there's something that is a matter of opinions? There are in fact Ogre mages; indication of some intelligence.
    - Nagas, I think this won't happen, for several reasons besides making them equipped

I can not agree on your reasoning about Arakkoa.

They have in fact been on Azeroth, there's a boss in Violet Hold. Thus they are relevant to Kirin Tor. If one Arakkoa came to Azeroth, why not more Arakkoa's arrive?

Quote Originally Posted by Lihav View Post
    Hi all,

From all the hints in the current game and the info from datamining 7.3, we know a void/old god expansion is the the next logical step. There are also great hints that we will see Kul'Tiras and some other isles/sea content. I am convinced that we will see those places next xpac. However, I did not read any logical speculation about possible new classes or races. I have a theory of my own, which I will share with you, so please provide me with feedback on that, but also let me know what you think is the new class or race.

My 1st theory (and the one I think is most likely at this point) is that we will get a new class. Now that we know that Alleria is poking around in some dark matter and updating her skills to use the void, while learning of her sisters fate, the gateway opens to the new class of Dark Ranger or Void ranger. It seems clear that the windrunner sisters will play a big part in the new x-pansion, with alleria and vareesa hunting down her sister sylvanas who sided with the void. Alleria and Vareesa therefore will make the skillset available for players. Also, the Dark Ranger class has some root in the old versions of Warcraft, so I would not be surprised if they introduce it. Also, there is time for a new ranged dps class after having DK, Monk and DH.

Secondly, If we won't see a new class, I think the Ethereals (close connection to the void, but not corrupted) will become a new Race which will be available for both Horde and Alliance.

What are your thoughts on this?
    a) Blizzard won't introduce a new class immediately after introducing demon hunters. Why? Well, they have to BALANCE THE GAME.
    b) Ethereals make no sense.
    c) The only racial option left to the Horde revolves around playable ogres.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lifebinderx View Post

MU ogres are not entirely retarded, you can just retcon that, since they should never be like this, or at least find a island with intelligent ogres

they are no natural enemies of orc, and the horde already have then, they are just not playable yet ( we accept undeads and blood elves, there is no problem with ogres)

another race do not need to be from another planet, there still much more left in azeroth, and argus is a dead planet with no races left
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2017-07-23 at 03:30 PM.

I doubt any more classes are being added anytime soon, however, I do see expanded customization (including subraces/sub-factions) or new races coming next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Akande Ogundimu View Post
    There are new ethereal models in 7.3
    Still no face, though they look kinda cool though.

But not enough to be a playable race.
    Yes, Ethereals taken over by the Void, a force of shadows and nothingness.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Deleted
    No new races just sub races

Tinker as new mail class (enough leather class ty)

10+ Year Old Account
    Been lurking this thread for a bit.

Seen some great ideas and some pretty bad ideas.

I don't want to speculate because we're all throwing matches into a fire, but I think Blizz SHOULD focus on is character customization. They also need to DESPERATELY need to fix clipping and scaling issues with the current races before they add new races.
    If they could make Sub races with the character customization that'd be cool.

Personally I think the next expansion will be filler as well. It seemed to have worked REALLY well with MOP, and I am hoping we might meet some adventures from the kid's novel Traveler.
    If you take the wings off of a fly, is it a walk?

7+ Year Old Account
    New races and sub-races would be much more welcome then a new class. DH was added in Legion, it would be a pretty bad idea to add another class right after.
    Maybe some new class/race combos.
    Night Elf Paladin, the light of the moon empowers you!
    Troll Paladin, those who serve the loa will bask in their glory.(Zandalari zealots were seen in ToT)