Deleted

22" vs 24" Monitor, worth investing?

I've been playing on a 15'6 laptop for 7 years now so It's gonna be a big upgrade for me both 22" and 24", is there a noticeable difference between the two? Is the extra 2" worth 31€ more that I'd be paying for the 24" over the 22" Monitor?

What are the base prices? Saying "31€ more" isn't descriptive.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    What are the base prices? Saying "31€ more" isn't descriptive.
    One is 104,90€ and the other is 135,90€ from my local store (they'll be building my PC and I started with the 22" version but I was considering going for the 24").

The model is LS24F350FHUXEN ( http://www.samsung.com/uk/business/b...LS24F350FHUXEN )

The difference between 22 and 24 is noticeable. Maybe not worth the price difference from what you're buying now, though

Honestly though, I'd just go with the 22 and eventually get a second monitor. Dual monitoring is much better than single. (I might've said something different if you were doing some 1440p wide screen stuff, but you're not.)

I'd personally go with a 24" screen. The 16:9 aspect ratio seems to work better with a 24" monitor anyway.

I got my new PC (and monitor) yesterday. Having gone from HD 22' to WQHD 24' I can definitely say there's a big difference even in size alone.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draekan View Post
    I got my new PC (and monitor) yesterday. Having gone from HD 22' to WQHD 24' I can definitely say there's a big difference even in size alone.
    He's likely talking about a 22" 1080p and a 24" 1080p, not a WQHD 24"... that's an actual big difference, for sure.

@OP, are you stuck with just these sizes? I personally went from a 21.5" to 23.6" then to a 34" curved and I'm not looking back one bit.

The 21.5" is going to give you the tightest pixel-density, but it might be too small for you, the 23.6" was a bit nicer and not so tiny, but was also a nicer panel in general (21.5 Acer TN vs 23.6 ASUS AH-IPS... lol) so I would personally say it really comes down to if you would link us the two.

22-24 in general doesn't make a huge difference to me, personally I'd probably go 22"... hell, get three. :P Care to link us both monitors? I saw you only linked one and it looks like a very average, run of the mill TN panel, nothing special at all.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

I think 24" is at the optimal pixel density for 1080p (92ppi). Higher pixel density (22" 1080p - 100ppi) is not easily noticeable, and lower pixel density (27" 1080p - 81ppi) just looks horrible. And most importantly, you avoid scaling.

If you go with a too high pixel density (for example 24" 2160p - 183ppi) then you will definitely have to use display scaling to see anything, after which you start to lose the benefits of such a high resolution, such as more screen space. And most of the older desktop software was not designed with scaling in mind, so it looks horrible when Windows tries to scale it.

This is why I like 24" 1080p - good pixel density, good size, no scaling. I have 3 x 24" 1080p monitors.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2017-07-23 at 08:27 AM.