Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

Ideal legendaries if the cap is raised to 3

There's been some talk recently in the various discord and on altered time about the cap being raised. My question to all of you is, what legendaries would you like to use if you could use 3 of them at once

Fire- Gloves+Bracers+ (Helm or belt)
    Arcane- Pants+Class Ring+ Shard
    Frost- Helm+bracers+shard
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

arcane choices for single target are those.. but i would take pants/shoulders/belt for aoe fights

It obviously depends on the fights. It also depends on how viable stacking 2 2 sets and a 4 set is at the time. With good enough tier you would end up using other jewelry legendary options people often overlook. Blizzard has also said recently they don't see benefits in raising the cap to 3, but you never know maybe at 7.3 they will.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    According to AMR, my best three are Lady Vashj's Grasp, Magtheridon's Banished Bracers, and Shattered Fragments of Sindragosa...
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Deleted
    For arcane:
    ST: kilt + shard + Soul
    AoE: kilt + mantles + shard

Deleted
    For fire I'd go for belt+bracers+gloves/shard on single target

As fire, assuming t21 is buffing our combusion and the fact that we really are running mostly RoP(ST/LB aoe) or Incanters Flow(FPAoE+mechanics) along with Kindling based on fight length, I forsee a future where the gloves become a major/bis lego. I say this, knowing full well I'm 10/12 and don't have the gloves. I've almost completely stopped running MI, and without MI in the picture, combustion frequency becomes more important.

That said, the hero ring doesn't take a tier slot, so you could be looking at kindling/incanters flow builds like this:

4p t21 2p t20, belt, bracers, hero/talent ring

or

4p t21, gloves, bracers, belt

My ST sims on the nightlys sim highest ST, RoP, belt and bracers. kindling competes with meteor depending on fight length, but if you pass a certain softcap of fight length kindling stays ahead. Gloves are synergistic, so t21 has some potential to make a high frequency combustion build top sim in any st situation.

Remember we also ran kindling early in the expansion before they nerfed combustion.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2017-07-25 at 03:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    As fire, assuming t21 is buffing our combusion and the fact that we really are running mostly RoP(ST/LB aoe) or Incanters Flow(FPAoE+mechanics) along with Kindling based on fight length, I forsee a future where the gloves become a major/bis lego. I say this, knowing full well I'm 10/12 and don't have the gloves. I've almost completely stopped running MI, and without MI in the picture, combustion frequency becomes more important.

That said, the hero ring doesn't take a tier slot, so you could be looking at kindling/incanters flow builds like this:

4p t21 2p t20, belt, bracers, hero/talent ring

or

4p t21, gloves, bracers, belt

My ST sims on the nightlys sim highest ST, RoP, belt and bracers. kindling competes with meteor depending on fight length, but if you pass a certain softcap of fight length kindling stays ahead. Gloves are synergistic, so t21 has some potential to make a high frequency combustion build top sim in any st situation.

Remember we also ran kindling early in the expansion before they nerfed combustion.
    ... Man. Combustion Heaven.

Kindling. Gloves.

4pc.

Bracers to take advantage of awesome combustion phases.

Belt just for that sweet execute phase.

1min combustions maybe? With a 20sec uptime?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SherriMayim View Post
    ... Man. Combustion Heaven.

Kindling. Gloves.

4pc.

Bracers to take advantage of awesome combustion phases.

Belt just for that sweet execute phase.

1min combustions maybe? With a 20sec uptime?
    I'd say belt or shoulders as the third. I'm seeing alot of parses where people are wearing them. Regardless, kindling is still my favorite talent, and I run bracers+gloves alot
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Since I play GS I would use helm and double ring

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    I'd say belt or shoulders as the third. I'm seeing alot of parses where people are wearing them. Regardless, kindling is still my favorite talent, and I run bracers+gloves alot
    I wanted to run shoulders but omfg. 30 casts?!

It used to be 10. Kinda lame how hard they nerfed it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nerfproof View Post
    Since I play GS I would use helm and double ring
    The new ring in 7.3 doesn't seem to count toward the legendary limit, so double ring might not be the way to go. Helm, bracer's and shard, might be the way to go for GS.

Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfield View Post
    The new ring in 7.3 doesn't seem to count toward the legendary limit, so double ring might not be the way to go. Helm, bracer's and shard, might be the way to go for GS.
    I wasn't talking about the new ring coming in 7.3. I was talking about soul of the archmage riing along with shard and helm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nerfproof View Post
    I wasn't talking about the new ring coming in 7.3. I was talking about soul of the archmage riing along with shard and helm.
    He meant that if you're running double ring, you wouldn't be able to use the 'free' 7.3 ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinelol View Post
    He meant that if you're running double ring, you wouldn't be able to use the 'free' 7.3 ring.
    Yea I figured that's what he meant, but since we still have no clue how good or not that ring will be is why I said the current rings.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    According to AMR, my best three are Lady Vashj's Grasp, Magtheridon's Banished Bracers, and Shattered Fragments of Sindragosa...
    Hi all, sorry for hijacking this thread abit. I use head and gloves, as frost. But now I just got bracers, do i use bracers and gloves? Thank you for any input, I play Thermal Void.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipologic View Post
    Hi all, sorry for hijacking this thread abit. I use head and gloves, as frost. But now I just got bracers, do i use bracers and gloves? Thank you for any input, I play Thermal Void.
    bracers and head

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aktec View Post
    bracers and head
    Hi and thanks for the answer. Is gloves not good anylonger? Thought they were rly strong but might be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipologic View Post
    Hi and thanks for the answer. Is gloves not good anylonger? Thought they were rly strong but might be wrong.
    with the nerf to tv this patch the gloves lose a lot of value since tv has a lot less uptime. Generally the best combo of legendaries is bracer + TW ring nowadays since that lets you use the new 4 set + the old 2 set. But if you dont have the old 2 set then use any combo of head/bracer/ring. Ofc we can only really speak in generalisations, it will depend on your own gear as to what is best for you, if wanna go into it more sim yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfield View Post
    I see what you're saying, but I'm guessing that if Blizz does let us have 3 legos, the ring would count and may even be mandatory.

If they gave us 3 legos plus the ring, I'd be all for it, but that would seriously gimp new folks. I think they may do it, but it would be well after final tier has grown old, just to give those who stick around between xpak some real power to play around with.

Imagine for Frost: Helm, Bracers, Hero Ring, New Ring, t21