Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Fuck that.

As for your question about 'Is there some reason behind the protests or is this just an excuse to riot?'

Try occupation, collective punishment and provocation.

Deleted
    I dont go to any of those locations, so the answer is "No".

I have no reason to go into any except for funerals and weddings.

So it wouldnt bother me in the slightest!

im a facist?
    Probably not, but the forced oppression of differing opinions and beliefs is a major tenant of Fascism.

Having laws against violence towards other human beings is a good thing, having laws about banning the practices of certain beliefs because they might cause violence is Fascisti-eque thought policing.

On topic: It really depends on the location. If a place is particularly violent then you need to step up the security for everything and not just religious sites.

Quote Originally Posted by IIBloodXLustII View Post
    Probably not, but the forced oppression of differing opinions and beliefs is a major tenant of Fascism.

Having laws against violence towards other human beings is a good thing, having laws about banning the practices of certain beliefs because they might cause violence is Fascisti-eque thought policing.

On topic: It really depends on the location. If a place is particularly violent then you need to step up the security for everything and not just religious sites.
    im sorry but religion has been oppressing people long before i was even thought of. Religion activly daily oppressing people across the globe.

I know schools that have security measures but they usually develop after a crisis that warrants such measures.
    So I guess I'd say I would be okay with it as long as there's reason for alarm. Otherwise, it's pointless.

It's like any other venue where there are a lot of people, the people are targets for terrorism. I don't see a problem with keeping people safe.

We have metal detectors at some schools in the US, high school and middle schools.

Is Israel installing metal detectors to punish Palestinians? I don't know. Not much of a punishment if so.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

If it's a private building, they can install whatever they want. When it comes to public facilities, the people in charge normally decide such matters. In regards to this particular site, that did not happen. One group acted unilaterally, and it pissed people off.

This is the problem when you try to restrict access to public sites and facilities. It's not surprising when you tell people that cannot go on their own property.

The OP is so biased. I can't even... No the Israelis are not playing nice they have been killing people and barring men under the age of 50 to enter the gates of the holy city.

To answer the question in the title: No I wouldn't be comfortable or willing to undergo checks to enter a place of worship and neither should the government subject this on Muslims. It's islamophobic to say the least...

Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    The OP is so biased. I can't even... No the Israelis are not playing nice they have been killing people and barring men under the age of 50 to enter the gates of the holy city.

To answer the question in the title: No I wouldn't be comfortable or willing to undergo checks to enter a place of worship and neither should the government subject this on Muslims. It's islamophobic to say the least...
    In what way am I biased? I didn't say anything about opinions or personal views on the matter. I merely stated facts. I didn't say anything about nice or not nice.

On topic: What's special about places of worship? how is this any different than security checks at the airport (which I assume you have no problems being objected to)?

The casual nazi Jew-hatred on MMOchampion is palpable. This is the Infostormer of video game websites.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2017-07-23 at 05:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are metal detectors in the entrance to Jewish place of worship as well, with them being in place to protect people in the compound from potential harm.

Don't see why there should not be same in the entrance to Muslim compound as well.

As a matter of fact I'm surprised there were not any before.

Maybe these would be unnecessary if certain groups were not keen on spilling blood in places of worship as recently displayed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyechewer View Post
    In what way am I biased? I didn't say anything about opinions or personal views on the matter. I merely stated facts. I didn't say anything about nice or not nice.

On topic: What's special about places of worship? how is this any different than security checks at the airport (which I assume you have no problems being objected to)?
    If you had put 'should there be metal detectors at places of worship' as your entire thread that would have been ok.

But you have missed/ignored the entire context of the situation at al-aqsa.

Deleted
    I wouldn't want to get into any of those to begin with.

Metal detectors do not hinder their worship in any way, they just use them as a reason for their annual #RageDayFest.

15+ Year Old Account
    Went to a church in Venice a few days ago, was patted down and screened with a metal detector. For a place with a massive crowd + symbolic value, I think it's a good idea.

For any old church that isn't a big attraction, it seems pointless.

Definitely not, as I have no reason to go into one in the first place.

Deleted
    There's going to be a point, especially when enough attacks on short term happen where literally everywhere will have security checks. It's not a matter of if, but when it is going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    really? i know plenty that do.

- - - Updated - - -

im a facist?

- - - Updated - - -

you mean the dark ages wernt becuase of religion? we dont have holy wars in the middle east becuase of religion? we dont have people being executed daily becuase of religion there? sorry but in modern day society religion is the poison. It has no place in schools, it has no place outside your home, it has no place in government. Worship what ever magical deity you want behind your door. forcing other people to follow its rules, making laws around your imaginary friends rules, and killing people becuase of its rules is mind numbingly stupid and only hinders out species at its progression.

1.Dark ages- not because of religion.
    2. Holy wars- not because of religion.
    3. Executions are a tool of conquest and political ideology, not religion.
    4. You don't get to decide what, when, where, or how people worship.
    5. Yes, killing people because someone tells you to is stupid.
    6. What exactly are we as a species "progressing" to?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not religious, so I really don't give a damn.

But generally I think it sounds pretty shitty.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.