10+ Year Old Account

Seasonal WoW server?

Playing D3 this weekend got me thinking, Why couldn't Blizz do a seasonal server?
    Rotate it every 2-3 months for example first Season do Vanilla raids into second season being TBC raids etc Any gold/mounts/tmog goes to your normal guys
    Or random whatever I just think it would be a fresh way to play wow again and it gives them and us the opportunity to play older content while actually making it relevant.
    Thoughts?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippoflames View Post
    Playing D3 this weekend got me thinking, Why couldn't Blizz do a seasonal server?
    Rotate it every 2-3 months for example first Season do Vanilla raids into second season being TBC raids etc Any gold/mounts/tmog goes to your normal guys
    Or random whatever I just think it would be a fresh way to play wow again and it gives them and us the opportunity to play older content while actually making it relevant.
    Thoughts?
    I don't think it'll be the best use of resources. Think that the closest and best option for you, is Timewalking events. A seasonal server should/would be completely reset everytime then, and people would lose what they did.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Zippoflames View Post
    Thoughts?
    Sounds like Timewalking.

There wouldn't be many level 60s or 70s by the time it rotated if it only lasted a couple months.

You would need the servers to last a few years each. I suspect why they don't do it is because of how drastically different wow expansions are. You would canablize you existing player base more then attract new ones. It also raises the question of what to do if a certain era becomes more popular then the newest... do you design the newest wow based directly on it?

Nevermind that some features would likely be demanded to be added to the classic server like transmog.

It is a real can of worms on blizzards side to implement.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know what I am a bloody idiot I forgot all about time walking :P haha