Gearing followers as monk

Leveled my monk recently, but not sure how to gear followers? I don't have any missions for it and monks don't have a building that produces upgrades

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raggon View Post
    I don't have any missions for it and monks don't have a building that produces upgrades
    But you do have a class research that gives you a chance at gear when running missions. So the only solution you have is to spam missions.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    But you do have a class research that gives you a chance at gear when running missions. So the only solution you have is to spam missions.
    Oh wow, I have noticed it -_- now I feel stupid. Thanks

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raggon View Post
    now I feel stupid
    Don't worry, you are not the first and you will not be the last to ask this question. Many people think it's a silly way of doing it, when it's only that way for a few classes.

The withered army training quest also yields follower items

Quote Originally Posted by Juliansfist View Post
    The withered army training quest also yields follower items
    as well as the WW hidden artifact skin

As of patch 7.3 there will be expedited gear drops for followers to help you close the gap. If you're looking for a solution right now, the only answer is to just grind.

Quote Originally Posted by Flexplosion View Post
    As of patch 7.3 there will be expedited gear drops for followers to help you close the gap. If you're looking for a solution right now, the only answer is to just grind.
    I'd like to add to this post. The "expedited" method referenced here is an item that will take your followers' weapons/armor directly to X item level. There are three items that will take your selected follower to 900, 925, and 950. Do note, that these are PTR items and they are subject to change.
    "Hope can turn into despair in a heartbeat."
    R.I.P Chester Bennington 1976-2017