Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

8 found dead in trailer at San Antonio Walmart

http://m.chron.com/news/local/articl...r-11308288.php

No matter which side of the aisle you are on you have to admit this is a human tragedy. Nobody wants to die in a hot trailer. These people were failed by both their own government and the US government.

This is not the fault of their own government they died in US soil. It's the fault of the US government and a certain gingerbread man. But above all I hope James M Bradley rots in jail what a wicked old man.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    This is not the fault of their own government they died in US soil. It's the fault of the US government and a certain gingerbread man. But above all I hope James M Bradley rots in jail what a wicked old man.
    wtf... how is that the governments fault? lol i dont even know what to say to that but are you crazy? my hope for the future is lowered every time i read this site.

Or maby it's the fault of the human traffickers putting them in there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    No way! It's the fault of the mighty gubament that can 100% stop anything they deem fit, they just don't care enough to use their omnipotent superpowers for this purpose. ALL THEIR FAULT!

Fucking Wal-Mart has gone too far. It's 100 percent their fault!
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

It's the fault of the immigrants rolling the dice and losing. It's the fault of the coyotes egaging in illegal activities. In no way shape or for does government have any responsibility to bear for the stupidity of others. FOH

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    The human traffickers have had this issue put in their hands by a government that refuses to properly manage it themselves.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinpachi View Post
    It's the fault of the immigrants rolling the dice and losing. It's the fault of the coyotes egaging in illegal activities. In no way shape or for does government have any responsibility to bear for the stupidity of others. FOH
    Pretty much how I was going to respond to his trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    The human traffickers have had this issue put in their hands by a government that refuses to properly manage it themselves.
    There's no doubt that immigration laws desperately need an overhaul. But you don't get to ignore them just because you don't agree with them. Until such a time as those issues are addressed, the only ones responsible are those breaking them.

102F, 39C enclosed space with no ventilation, smugglers just don't care. It happens in train cars and shipping containers too.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

If banks just left piles of money sitting out in front of the bank, of course there would be more bank robbers. That doesn't mean that there is no culpability for those who steal the money, but much of it is the banks fault. If the government was to adequately protect against illegal immigration, it would deter far more people from attempting to get here through illegal methods.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    Pretty much how I was going to respond to his trolling.

There's no doubt that immigration laws desperately need an overhaul. But you don't get to ignore them just because you don't agree with them. Until such a time as those issues are addressed, the only ones responsible are those breaking them.
    When the government runs a system poorly or unjustly, the consequences are the government's fault. Fault is not a zero sum game. The government can be at fault and the traffickers can be at fault. Neither reduces the fault of the other.
    -ynnady

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    wtf... how is that the governments fault? lol i dont even know what to say to that but are you crazy? my hope for the future is lowered every time i read this site.
    How? They weren't defending their borders properly. If they shot them on sight, there would be no victims like this, if you ask me. Obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    If banks just left piles of money sitting out in front of the bank, of course there would be more bank robbers. That doesn't mean that there is no culpability for those who steal the money, but much of it is the banks fault. If the government was to adequately protect against illegal immigration, it would deter far more people from attempting to get here through illegal methods.
    Not really. The problem isn't that immigration laws are too lax. The problem is that they are too complicated and ineffective.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Barrages View Post
    This is exactly why you need a strong leader (like Trump) to actually enforce immigration laws so people that might be put in these situations will be deterred from even attempting it. The bigger the deterrent, the less likely this shit is to occur.
    If potentially sweating to death in a trailer isn't deterring people, nothing is going to. That isn't the problem here.
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    102F, 39C enclosed space with no ventilation, smugglers just don't care. It happens in train cars and shipping containers too.
    It was either a faulty refrigeration unit or it was turned off deliberately.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    It was either a faulty refrigeration unit or it was turned off deliberately.
    or there just wasn't one and traffickers, like usual, don't really care.

Not really. The problem isn't that immigration laws are too lax. The problem is that they are too complicated and ineffective.

- - - Updated - - -

If potentially sweating to death in a trailer isn't deterring people, nothing is going to. That isn't the problem here.
    there is no way countries can just let everyone that wants to, come right in, unrestricted, the problems they are trying to get away from in their home country are just going to follow them.

this isn't the government's fault unless they intentionally overlooked it, they knew what they were doing was illegal.

When the government runs a system poorly or unjustly, the consequences are the government's fault. Fault is not a zero sum game. The government can be at fault and the traffickers can be at fault. Neither reduces the fault of the other.
    You left out the immigrants themselves. They made their choice to use illegal methods of entry to the US.

One thing I noticed in the story, when authorities checked security footage "showed a number of vehicles picking people up".

I wonder if the trailer was locked. Why didn't the people say something then?

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't believe slavery is still an issue.

How the hell can this level of inhumanity still happen in first world countries?
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by zhero View Post
    or there just wasn't one and traffickers, like usual, don't really care.

there is no way countries can just let everyone that wants to, come right in, unrestricted, the problems they are trying to get away from in their home country are just going to follow them.

this isn't the government's fault unless they intentionally overlooked it, they knew what they were doing was illegal.
    It's not an issue of letting everyone in, although I think there are strong arguments for completely open borders. The real issue is that we have a bad system which encourages people not to come here legally. Coming here legally is needlessly complex, expensive, and time intensive. If we have a simple, fast, cheap system, people would be encouraged to get in line where we can properly weed them out and deal with them on the books. If you give people the impression they are better off coming here in a trailer, they will.

The idea that the problems are going to follow them is absurd. Many are trying to escape drug wars that are being fueled by American dollars. Those wars are not being fought here like they are there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thwart View Post
    You left out the immigrants themselves. They made their choice to use illegal methods of entry to the US.
    I don't blame people for trying to escape war-torn countries, because I would too and you are a hypocrite because you know you would as well.
    -ynnady