Poll: Should MoP Challenge Mode gear make a comeback

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    I want the same ones to be available again. Make it so you need to do something hard, like finish a +20 KS on time or something. Time gating is stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    it makes these items more unique. These items are not harder to get, they are available to everyone, they are not even in limited quantity, I don't see what your problem is. All players have to do is do the content at the right time, there's zero extra effort,...

...Some people are legit entitled to some things, like those who do the things at the right time, or accomplish things...
    This right here is what I have a problem with. What about new players who might not have had an interest in WoW until now? What about people who had military service in that time, and didn't have access to online games? What about people in school who had to focus on learning instead of wow? Or any number of other completely legitimate reasons for not being able to "do the content at the right time"?

Making the limiting factor a window of time is weak. I'm saying that the limiting factor to gain access to the sets should be skillful play instead. Making those sets available to ANYONE who has the skill or coordination to get them, and not just some people who happened to have the coincidence of maintaining a sub 4 years ago.

I mean, do you go to a store and ask if you can have an item for the special price of last week? Jesus christ man, that's not how life works and there's no logical reason for in-game rewards to work like that as well.
    Videogames are not real life and do not need to follow the rules of real life. There's no logical reason for timewalking events, or for gold to just appear in your character's magic bank account, or for your character to just sit around and do nothing when you're not logged on. The MoP sets are not limited quantity. They didn't run out of stock. There is, literally, no reason why Blizzard couldn't re-release them if they wanted to.

What's next? You're gonna ask to be able to get the PvP mount rewards from the first seasons cuz you missed them? Just do what is required and NEVER ask for anything, just don't, stfu. Don't ask, just earn instead.
    You need to stop replying with anger and making assumptions, and start actually reading my points. I WANT people to EARN their rewards. I simply want the limiting factor to be high-level play instead of being lucky enough to have logged in during a specific window of time. I want players of ANY type to be able to challenge themselves to reach that gear. I want players to look at someone else wearing that gear and know that the person who has it busted their ass to get it instead of just paying for a carry 3 expansions ago.

Can you even explain to me why keeping those sets exclusive to MoP has any benefit in today's WoW? Beyond simply: "It makes MoP players feel cool"? Because that's nothing compared to the enjoyment that would be generated if everyone playing today had a shot at hunting them down. Make it a week long event every couple months. Make it a repeating window of time that generates a spike of activity every once in awhile. But do NOT simply turn off access to something as cool as those sets permanently.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2017-07-26 at 08:53 PM.

I have the CM armor on my Warlock, my DK, and my Mage.

And yes, I absolutely think they should be brought back -- provided they require the SAME OR GREATER CHALLENGE to acquire!

Classes have changed radically, yes. However, but fixing or removing many of the "tricks" players used to achieve Gold medals would either totally offset, or even INCREASE the difficulty in acquiring those sets. With proper gear/level scaling, and some other minor adjustments as needed, I would be completely okay with them bringing those Sets back, and the same for the Warlords of Draenor weapons.

By a similar token, I would love to see Naxx 40 and its rewards -- including Atiesh -- brought back, perhaps via Timewalking.

Fact is, I've never much liked this "a time and a place" mindset to rewards. Same with Artifact appearances; Blizzard should *NOT* be removing those things. Instead, make them similarly or MORE difficult to acquire for latecomers, but still exciting rewards for the truly dedicated player to pursue.

After all, as someone who has spent HUNDREDS of hours pursuing Transmog gear, I now find myself with very little left to pursue. I'd have had much more fun acquiring transmog gear if it were more difficult to acquire, and giving me an opportunity to acquire even MORE more means that I have that much more content to pursue!

Just... be careful when it comes to raids. I can't wait to get the Mythic DK set from the Suramar raid, but come next expansion, I recognize most players won't want to run it. So, while it doesn't necessarily need to be *easier* (outleveling content will do that anyways), but requiring fewer people wouldn't be horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    This right here is what I have a problem with. What about new players who might not have had an interest in WoW until now? What about people who had military service in that time, and didn't have access to online games? What about people in school who had to focus on learning instead of wow? Or any number of other completely legitimate reasons for not being able to "do the content at the right time"?

Making the limiting factor a window of time is weak. I'm saying that the limiting factor to gain access to the sets should be skillful play instead. Making those sets available to ANYONE who has the skill or coordination to get them, and not just some people who happened to have the coincidence of maintaining a sub 4 years ago.

Videogames are not real life and do not need to follow the rules of real life. There's no logical reason for timewalking events, or for gold to just appear in your character's magic bank account, or for your character to just sit around and do nothing when you're not logged on. The MoP sets are not limited quantity. They didn't run out of stock. There is, literally, no reason why Blizzard couldn't re-release them if they wanted to.

You need to stop replying with anger and making assumptions, and start actually reading my points. I WANT people to EARN their rewards. I simply want the limiting factor to be high-level play instead of being lucky enough to have logged in during a specific window of time. I want players of ANY type to be able to challenge themselves to reach that gear. I want players to look at someone else wearing that gear and know that the person who has it busted their ass to get it instead of just paying for a carry 3 expansions ago.

Can you even explain to me why keeping those sets exclusive to MoP has any benefit in today's WoW? Beyond simply: "It makes MoP players feel cool"? Because that's nothing compared to the enjoyment that would be generated if everyone playing today had a shot at hunting them down. Make it a week long event every couple months. Make it a repeating window of time that generates a spike of activity every once in awhile. But do NOT simply turn off access to something as cool as those sets permanently.
    They're not meant to be cool now, they were meant to be cool back when it was the time to get them. There's nothing cool in having anyone get anything at anytime, that's just regular gear, nothing special, no reason to even do them at all. I mostly don't think they should be brought back because they said they were gone after the xpack, changing your mind afterwards is pretty much an insult to anyone who busted their ass to get them in time. However, I wouldn't have anything against a new challenge set that is not advertised as something that will become unobtainable after a certain time. Or new sets every xpacks, why not? It creates some kind of hype for doing things instead of just assuming everything is eternal. To me it's more fun if things have a special value based on more than just % drop rate or difficulty of obtaining.

Can you even explain to me why keeping those sets exclusive to MoP has any benefit in today's WoW?
    There is no benefit. There is also no need for these set to have any benefit. The benefit these items brought to the game was to incite players to do the MOP challenge content when it was the time to do it by rewarding them with something special that could not be earned otherwise. These items felt special at the time they were acquired because they are not normal items. What you are suggesting is turning them into normal, boring items.

I'm not trying to be a jerk but you are simply frustrated that you didn't get them in time and your frustration is blinding you from the true purpose of time specific rewards. They are by definition meant to reward people during a specific time. This is not World of Fashion, the game doesn't need everybody running around with that gear. You can get a ton of other xmog somewhere else, you just won't look like "the guy who did challenge during MoP". You should understand that and stop throwing a fit over it.

There's nothing cool in having anyone get anything at anytime

Stop. You're making the same mistake as everyone else seems to. Who is saying anything about EVERYONE getting these items? Does everyone clear mythic raids? Did everyone complete CMs back in MoP? "

These sets wouldn't be available to everyone for free. You'd still need to play at a VERY high level in order to get them. Higher than the CMs, if I had my way, in order to mitigate people paying for carries.

I mostly don't think they should be brought back because they said they were gone after the xpack,
    Riiiight. Because blizzard NEVER goes back on their word, or changes their stance. :/

changing your mind afterwards is pretty much an insult to anyone who busted their ass to get them in time.
    So, pretty much exactly what I said earlier: Your reasoning is "it makes MoP CM players feel cool".

However, I wouldn't have anything against a new challenge set that is not advertised as something that will become unobtainable after a certain time. Or new sets every xpacks, why not? It creates some kind of hype for doing things instead of just assuming everything is eternal. To me it's more fun if things have a special value based on more than just % drop rate or difficulty of obtaining.
    I'd be ok with recolors of the MoP sets being made available. Letting players today gain access to the armor models, but leaving the original colors to signify the "Achievements" of the originals. But really Blizzard needs to suck it up and implement armor re-color/dying. That's a completely different discussion, however.

There is no benefit. There is also no need for these set to have any benefit. The benefit these items brought to the game was to incite players to do the MOP challenge content when it was the time to do it by rewarding them with something special that could not be earned otherwise. These items felt special at the time they were acquired because they are not normal items. What you are suggesting is turning them into normal, boring items.
    No, I'm not suggesting that at all. Like I said, you need to stop ignoring what I'm saying and actually attempt to comprehend. What part of "Having to play at a very high level" isn't clear? The sets would become a representation: Not of having played during a specific frame of time, but of skillful play and coordination. You would only re-gain access to the sets if you and your team were able to overcome a high-enough level of difficulty that it meant something. That would be the point of setting the challenge to something static using scaling tech.

I'm not trying to be a jerk but you are simply frustrated that you didn't get them in time and your frustration is blinding you from the true purpose of time specific rewards.
    The only thing I'm frustrated with is people's seeming inability to separate their arguments against the subject at hand from the person making them.

Also, I'm perfectly aware of the original intent of making the MoP CMs a limited time event. But what I'm saying is that enough time has passed to where that intent is no longer relevant, and the gain from re-releasing the sets under the restrictions I've mentioned would bring more benefit than harm.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2017-07-26 at 10:07 PM.

Earned shaman CM set in MoP. Was hard. Took time to find groups.

Feel cool AF walking around in my lava torpedo shoulders.

Bummed forever that I didn't get my warrior done.

Don't bring them back.

To make up for it I did WoD CMs on 10 toons xD Then they made it account wide xD No regrets xD

I like that there's some cool unobtainables in the game. You were there, you did it, grats have a shiny thing.

You weren't there, bad luck, bit of incentive to get the next 'this season only' thing.
    Last edited by Spazlord; 2017-07-27 at 08:45 AM.

Deleted
    I think both challenge mode sets should come back and be aquirable. The challenge modes should just set your stats to what they used to be and people can go and earn them.
    I'm not a fan of removing content, i think it makes no sense, and i say that as someone who did the WoD ones but wasn't around during MoP. I really don't care if other people can get them aswell now, aslong as they overcome the challenge, even if its easier than it used to be.

Sure why not. With the current mythic+ meta and extreme gear inflation challenge modes wouldn't work though. But I am all for as much customization and mogs as possible.

What I would like is more solo challenges like the mage tower giving cosmetic rewards. Next time though I want Blizzard to give everyone specific stat templates unaffected by ilvl, instead of allowing these "challenges" to be trivialized by gear and time passing. That way these challenges could remain relevant forever. The green fire questline would still be providing top-notch entertainment and rewards to new warlocks if it had proper scaling.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Stop. You're making the same mistake as everyone else seems to. Who is saying anything about EVERYONE getting these items? Does everyone clear mythic raids? Did everyone complete CMs back in MoP? "

These sets wouldn't be available to everyone for free. You'd still need to play at a VERY high level in order to get them. Higher than the CMs, if I had my way, in order to mitigate people paying for carries.
    So you still wouldn't get them, what's the point?
    Nvm I take that back, carries will still be available.

Riiiight. Because blizzard NEVER goes back on their word, or changes their stance. :/
    They do a lot but why not limit that bullshit a little if possible?

So, pretty much exactly what I said earlier: Your reasoning is "it makes MoP CM players feel cool".
    And there's absolutely nothing wrong with this. The PvP rewards work the exact same way. The old achievements or feats that are not available anymore work the same way, it's just stuff that feel special cuz it can't be obtained anymore. You don't cry about hese things cuz you don't want them. You want the challenge looks so you cry about it, you're no different than a kid who doesn't get what they want instead of being an adult who understands the concept that you can't get everything you wish for. Why don't you just fucking admit it? Cuz this is the internet and you need to protect your ego? What the fuck, just say it: "I can't stop whining cuz Blizzard won't give me what I want".

I'd be ok with recolors of the MoP sets being made available. Letting players today gain access to the armor models, but leaving the original colors to signify the "Achievements" of the originals. But really Blizzard needs to suck it up and implement armor re-color/dying. That's a completely different discussion, however.
    If they make recolors people will whine they're the same things, if they bring the exact same people will also whine they are the same but on top of that they will whine it makes the old sets not mean anything anymore. The only way out of this is to make new sets. But then you would whine cuz you wouldn't get that one set of gear that you want.

No, I'm not suggesting that at all. Like I said, you need to stop ignoring what I'm saying and actually attempt to comprehend. What part of "Having to play at a very high level" isn't clear? The sets would become a representation: Not of having played during a specific frame of time, but of skillful play and coordination. You would only re-gain access to the sets if you and your team were able to overcome a high-enough level of difficulty that it meant something. That would be the point of setting the challenge to something static using scaling tech.
    I'm ignoring what you're saying because it's irrelevant and coming from someone who's just looking for social acceptance against Blizzard's decision to make some rewards become unavailable after their time period. You're not supposed to cry about it, you're supposed to say "well it sucks I would have liked to get that set but I can't anymore, guess I'll go look for another xmog" AND THE DISCUSSION IS OVER. Deal with it.

The only thing I'm frustrated with is people's seeming inability to separate their arguments against the subject at hand from the person making them.

Also, I'm perfectly aware of the original intent of making the MoP CMs a limited time event. But what I'm saying is that enough time has passed to where that intent is no longer relevant, and the gain from re-releasing the sets under the restrictions I've mentioned would bring more benefit than harm.
    The intent is eternally relevant, the whole point of time specific thing is that they stay true to their time period, forever. The moment that becomes available again it makes every person who got it at the right time mad. That already happened with some stuff before and people were really not happy about it, forgot what it was but people flipped tables on the forums and maybe that's why Blizzard dont do that anymore.

Deleted
    @Swalload

While i don't mind at all the same armors are not available today, i am extremely disapointed about the fact Blizzard stopped the concept of "armors with cool animations behind a skill challenge".

I think it was a extremely good idea and a cool "adventure" to have in the game.

I didn't play MoP at all to be more focused on my studies at the time. Kinda disppointed the concept died.
    I love "adventures for prestige items" if they are not only for the top 1-10%. At my best i can be part of the top 40% crowd. Which i think it was the case for Challenge Modes, not sure, i wasn't there to experience the difficulty.

No.

Those who got it legit should have it. Those who bought it like 90% the people did, should have it removed.
    It should not come back

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    @Swalload

While i don't mind at all the same armors are not available today, i am extremely disapointed about the fact Blizzard stopped the concept of "armors with cool animations behind a skill challenge".

I think it was a extremely good idea and a cool "adventure" to have in the game.

I didn't play MoP at all to be more focused on my studies at the time. Kinda disppointed the concept died.
    I love "adventures for prestige items" if they are not only for the top 1-10%. At my best i can be part of the top 40% crowd. Which i think it was the case for Challenge Modes, not sure, i wasn't there to experience the difficulty.
    I completely agree, the concept of having special rewards tied to an event is something we rarely see anymore. The last ones I think were the invasion sets in pre-legion event but those were mostly ugly and extremely easy to get so no one really cared =/

Deleted
    I dont see any reason to bring them back, ive done it on 9 chars in MoP and it was PISS EASY, the second i dinged lvl 90 i went to the AH, bought some craftable pvp gear with sockets and went in and did it.
    The reason for not bringing them back is the reason why i completed those sets, for prestige. I saw that they are going to remove it so i leveled all classes that i liked the sets on and did the CMs.
    If they bring them back then id expect them bring back the Zulian Tiger, Razzashi Raptor, the Naxx Glory mounts and the Black Quiraj Battletank.
    Not forget about titles and transmog but i cba listing all now.
    The set are proof that you were there and you did some of the "more challenging content".

Quote Originally Posted by Grungrungrun View Post
    What about it? Your choice. If your local computer store does a 90% sale for a week and you're out of town for that week, do you walk to their store a year later and demand a 90% discount because you missed the sale last year?
    What an absurd notion.

It's more like having the item still available to purchase years later. Imagine any music or movie DVD release in 2013-14 no longer being available.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    What an absurd notion.

It's more like having the item still available to purchase years later. Imagine any music or movie DVD release in 2013-14 no longer being available.
    Yea more like the limited special edition of that CD no longer being available. You can still get the regular one from your class hall. If you like the limited special edition so much, you should have bought it when it hit the stores.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Different sets, NOT the same ones

The concept could come back but with different circunstances to get them, not in the form of a "timed challenge".
    Maybe in a different format. Or not, maybe keep it as it is.

The question is if you think they should comeback in any way or form.
    "Gear with Unique Animations that is impossible to get once the expansion ends"

Video of the Old Animations:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_miwVnvK2Kk
    no, not unless everything that was in the game at one point was put back in. They cannot pick and choose what they add back in.