Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Songs and Bands guilty pleasure you are not ashamed to admit you love?

Songs and Bands guilty pleasure your not ashamed to admit you love?

I fucking love ELO i loved them when i first heard them back in the early 1980s and i still love them today

Post the songs you love even if people think they are lame and old fashion or whatever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anything by Janet Devlin. It's fairly standard Indie Pop... But she's just SO FRIKKEN CUTE. Plus, her voice is great....
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Who doesn't like ELO?

Also:

“Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Who doesn't like ELO?
    I think it may be impossible not to love ELO also I Fucking love the Scatman!

Dream.

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Abba.

/10char

I'm not ashamed to admit any bands I like, and I got no reason to feel guilty about any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    I'm not ashamed to admit any bands I like, and I got no reason to feel guilty about any of them.
    Same here. Why would I be embarrassed?
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Most of the music that I listen to is either 60's/70's classic rock or some kind of metal from the 80's - current. Some hip-hop also, but not a lot.

My guilty pleasure, though? Justin Timberlake. That guy can sing and he writes his own music. Props to him for that.
    Very close second place - You+Me (Dallas Green + Pink).

10+ Year Old Account
    Chris De Burgh. Now when people think of him that think of that 'Lady in Red' song, which I do not care for, but my god the album 'Spanish Train and other Stories' is a brilliant album.

Patrica the stripper, The Spanish Train, The Painter.... good songs... Thw whole album is like a book of short stories in musical form :P
    Last edited by Orby; 2017-07-24 at 05:47 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    My Chemical Romance. Not really guilty per say because I genuinely enjoy their music even after all these years but people just think of them as this cringey emo band from like Myspace era and kind of true... but they still rock

i really like sappy 80's music, like the human league, flock of seagulls, the outfield, pet shop boys, new order, and more
    also, i like j-pop a lot''

Same here. Why would I be embarrassed?
    Ultimately I'm not either. At the end of the day, fuck what other people think.

I do find myself driving down the road blasting and singing along with some songs that can be a little embarrassing before I remind myself of "fuck what other people think".

"Livin' La Vida Loca" comes to mind.

Avril Lavigne. And it's not just because I find her to be the most beautiful woman I've ever seen. I genuinely love a lot of her music. Big whoop wanna fight about it?

Agreed with above replies, it's not embarrassing to confess your first love regarding bands.

Deleted
    Yeah I stopped being embarrassed of my taste in bands and other cultural things once I left my teens/early 20s tbh. But in the spirit of the thread....I guess pop artists like Carly Rae Jepsen, people usually look down on them for whatever reason. She has a lot of great songs though.

At some point, you realize there is no bad music, there's simply a lot of music written with someone other than you as the target audience.

Once you realize this, the medium itself becomes far more enjoyable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably pretty stupid to be shamed or feel guilty for anything a person likes, but this might be as close as I would get, but I like it
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

7+ Year Old Account
    My friends say I should act my age. What's my age again?
    Burn it. BURN IT!

Pretty much all 50's and 60's Rock N Roll. Chuck Berry is one of my favorite guitar player/ Singers ever.