Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    I disagree. I think that it's interesting to compare Antifa with Nazism, as they both try to force their ideologies through similar tactics.

    The similarity is therefore not about the ideology, but how they are being implemented. I think that in that regard, the thread is legitimate.

    In other words, it's not offensive. It's a discussion which you seem to be emotionally invested. That does not render the discussion invalid.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

    Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

  2. #22
    Banned Video Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The land of ports
    Posts
    5,783
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    So trolling is part of the rules now? Or argumenting with conspiracy theories?
    It wasn't made to troll, it was made to discuss. I'm sorry you don't like it, but nothing inflammatory about race, sex and/or religion was in the op.

  3. #23
    It's just an outright lie to say "Antifa are Nazis". Antifa is an abbreviation for "Anti fascist", which is the exact opposite of National Socialism. Antifa are far left or left. It is infact trolling, and no opinion.
    So what you are telling me is that North Korea is actually a Democratic Republic? Because DPRK stands for Democratic Peoples Republic of Korea?

    ASTOUNDING?!

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowgore View Post
    Toughen up, Rym. The whole stinking concept of "triggering" is asinine and fostering a generation of oversensitive, self-important, inflexible jerkoffs. Learn to ignore viewpoints you don't like, or post a response in opposition. But the whole "ooh, what he said offends me so HE MUST BE STOPPED AND PREVENTED FROM SAYING ANYTHING ELSE, YOU MUST REMOVE HIS POST IMMEDIATELY!!" is such a joke. What offends you most likely does not offend others. Your viewpoint is not the only viewpoint. You are not automatically right because you are offended.
    Lies to trigger negative replies is called trolling, and it is not the only forum rule the thread violates. But just continue to try to pretend it is about an alternative "opinion".

    I just repeat my sentence: A lie is no controversial opinion.
    I want to be upset when neo right demagogues share the idea not to support equal rights for woman with islamist terrorists.

  5. #25
    Getting this upset over someones opinion, especially when you just think its some rando on an internet forum being wrong about his opinion which has no effect on anything in any capacity, nor will it ever do so, really says more about you than a need to get out the pitchforks and rile up a virtual lynch mob.

    This isn't tumblr. The ignore button exists for a reason.
    http://theeorzeanfrontier.blogspot.co.uk/ Neckbeard rambling about this weeaboo trash

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by IIBloodXLustII View Post
    So what you are telling me is that North Korea is actually a Democratic Republic? Because DPRK stands for Democratic Peoples Republic of Korea?
    No, i actually tell you that "Antifa" is the complete opposite political spectrum of national socialism. Which is nothing but the truth. They are left wing extremists and no right wing extremists.
    I want to be upset when neo right demagogues share the idea not to support equal rights for woman with islamist terrorists.

  7. #27
    The Lightbringer Radaney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,694
    This forum is a well known cancer pit for a reason.

    The shitty bait threads are that reason.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Getting this upset over someones opinion
    You also fall for the idea a lie is an alternative opinion. No, it isnt.

    A lie is a lie, not an opinion, and also not the truth.
    I want to be upset when neo right demagogues share the idea not to support equal rights for woman with islamist terrorists.

  9. #29
    Old God Noomz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    In my head, where crazy happens.
    Posts
    10,524
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    Please take a look at this thread:

    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...tifa-not-Nazis

    Actually, this thread is about..

    1.) Discussing the idea a stereotype of the right wing named "Antifa" are infact "Nazis", which is triggering reactions only as it completely reverts the meaning of the term (AntiFa = abbreviation for Anti fascism)
    2.) The op is using conspiracy theories as arguments ("the press is not reporting about antifa at g20 because they are biased")
    3.) The thread is about politics, while being in the off topic forum
    4.) The thread title is meant as "click bait" by the author, who even says it itself
    5.) The thread uses youtube videos as "evidence"
    6.) The author just tried to trigger reactions. And he got reactions.

    The idea to call "Antifa" "Fascists" or "Nazis" is no opinion, it is nothing but an disinformed lie.

    My opinion: No, the political subforum and the offtopic forum dont need a lax moderation, but a strong moderation, due to the fact there are a ton of political trolls infesting these forums.
    They're flamebaits so report them as such.

  10. #30
    Someone needs a safe space

  11. #31
    Well, people propagating enforcement of their world views with violence ARE fascists.

    Also, it's amazing how someone who believes that NatSoc is right wing accuses anyone of 'trolling'.
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    The unfortunate fact of the matter is that many, many people in wow are very passionate in their obsession with acting like a complete retard.

  12. #32
    Banned Video Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The land of ports
    Posts
    5,783
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    No, i actually tell you that "Antifa" is the complete opposite political spectrum of national socialism. Which is nothing but the truth. They are left wing extremists and no right wing extremists.
    Then let the op be wrong and move on with your day. You get way too hung up about some random video game polital sub forum.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    They're flamebaits so report them as such.
    I reported my ass off. Just to make it clear i reported it. And no, i didnt spam anyone. I reported it once. Wrote a private mail 3 days later to a mod, and another one later to the globals.
    I want to be upset when neo right demagogues share the idea not to support equal rights for woman with islamist terrorists.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    Please take a look at this thread:

    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...tifa-not-Nazis

    Actually, this thread is about..

    1.) Discussing the idea a stereotype of the right wing named "Antifa" are infact "Nazis", which is triggering reactions only as it completely reverts the meaning of the term (AntiFa = abbreviation for Anti fascism)
    2.) The op is using conspiracy theories as arguments ("the press is not reporting about antifa at g20 because they are biased")
    3.) The thread is about politics, while being in the off topic forum
    4.) The thread title is meant as "click bait" by the author, who even says it itself
    5.) The thread uses youtube videos as "evidence"
    6.) The author just tried to trigger reactions. And he got reactions.

    The idea to call "Antifa" "Fascists" or "Nazis" is no opinion, it is nothing but an disinformed lie.

    My opinion: No, the political subforum and the offtopic forum dont need a lax moderation, but a strong moderation, due to the fact there are a ton of political trolls infesting these forums.
    You're right, antifa aren't Nazis that's a bit extreme, they are however a bunch of criminal cunts

  15. #35
    Lets censor all other opinions than the PC

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    You seem to have been triggered. You're free to not browse these forums.
    We'd rather not have it become a cesspool like 4chan or reddit.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by IIBloodXLustII View Post
    Wanting to silence any idea that disagrees with your own IS a Fascist ideology. If the thread offends you ignore it.



    And Antifa are basically acting like Fascists. Violently silencing free speech and basically acting like Brown-Shirts for the Democrat party. Did Richard Spencer deserve to get punched in the face? Yes. Should he have been punched in the face? No.

    Calling themselves "Anti-Fascist" doesn't mean they don't use the ideals of the Fascists to complete their goals. I can call myself The Giant Flying Spaghetti monster but it doesn't make it true.
    There's a difference between someone sharing their actual beliefs and obvious trolling.

  17. #37
    Old God Noomz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    In my head, where crazy happens.
    Posts
    10,524
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    It wasn't made to troll, it was made to discuss. I'm sorry you don't like it, but nothing inflammatory about race, sex and/or religion was in the op.
    You might want to reconsider your other posts in here because they're clearly made to spite the OP and provoke a response. In your own words, you could've just ignored this thread if you didn't like it. Live as you preach.
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    You seem to have been triggered. You're free to not browse these forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Well you're complaing about not getting the response you want and you want threads deleted/locked when you don't like them. You can go find a hugbox somewhere else.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Then let the op be wrong and move on with your day. You get way too hung up about some random video game polital sub forum.
    "Let them troll, why should anyone care?"

    What about the idea to get some level into the off topic and the political part to discuss interesting topics? And not "Bwah Sweden immigrants raped a gnome bwah bwah random youtube evidence inside blm antifa nazis!"-threads made by a weekend forums troll who had a bad day?

    If you dont apply strict moderation to a political offtopic forum, threads will become exactly as like the title i posted.
    I want to be upset when neo right demagogues share the idea not to support equal rights for woman with islamist terrorists.

  19. #39
    Old God Noomz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    In my head, where crazy happens.
    Posts
    10,524
    Quote Originally Posted by Psykee View Post
    Lets censor all other opinions than the PC
    This is a private website and they may enforce whatever rules they please, as they please, when they please and we have no say in it. So stop acting like a victim of censorship.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    It's just an outright lie to say "Antifa are Nazis". Antifa is an abbreviation for "Anti fascist", which is the exact opposite of National Socialism. Antifa are far left or left. It is infact trolling, and no opinion.
    ^^^This guy represents the exact point of the 'Antifa are Nazis' thread. Your approach for eliminating fascism is to use aggressive fascism and suppression of opinions/voices. And you literally can't see the hypocrisy that you practice. Essentially straight from the Rules for Radicals playbook.
    Last edited by rhackin; 2017-07-24 at 06:23 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •