Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Method KJ WF kill

Last edited by mmoccf8ee740f8; 2017-07-24 at 07:42 PM.

No extra phase really killed the fight for me. Having only done it on Heroic/Normal there is nothing that makes me want to replicate all of those mechanics tenfold on Mythic right now.. Same fight really, just more cluster F.

Deleted
    #ma shoulda

15+ Year Old Account
    Prime example of why I dislike raidboss design in the last few expansions. Just a big clusterfuck of react to something every 5 seconds. No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by kelnoctis View Post
    No extra phase really killed the fight for me. Having only done it on Heroic/Normal there is nothing that makes me want to replicate all of those mechanics tenfold on Mythic right now.. Same fight really, just more cluster F.
    I thought that someone from Method confirmed there's a Mythic-only phase. That's a shame actually... I expected KJ empowered by Sargeras or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    I thought that someone from Method confirmed there's a Mythic-only phase. That's a shame actually... I expected KJ empowered by Sargeras or something.
    you mean this https://clips.twitch.tv/RacyOpenPotBlargNaut ?
    Last edited by setsuna f seiei; 2017-07-24 at 08:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Prime example of why I dislike raidboss design in the last few expansions. Just a big clusterfuck of react to something every 5 seconds. No thanks.
    Wouldn't the other end of the spectrum just be super tightly tuned fights? I'm not gonna front I'm just a HC raider but I dont understand another way to make a fight difficult, either have more things you need to respond to during the fight or just make it unbeatable without pulling a tight threshold on #s. Personally the former sounds much more engaging to me but maybe I'm not realizing another way to add difficulty.

Deleted
    impressivee

Quote Originally Posted by setsuna f seiei View Post
    I'm a retard. Just saw title but didn't watch the movie.

Though still - that's a shame they didn't add only-mythic-phase.

I think the singularity changes and new effects on existing adds (and the new healing adds too) are interesting enough.

Some of the best bosses didn't have special hard mode phase, Yogg-0, Lei Shen, The Lich King, just wanting a special phase for the sake of it is stupid.

I thought the re-invention of the fight was far more interesting than adding 2 more mechanics for a few minutes at the end. After the fixes it looks like a much more doable fight, but still very intense.

Deleted
    Some of the best bosses didn't have special hard mode phase. "The Lich King"
    LK definetly had a different phase in hc, you went in to the weapon and had to kill the spirits and navigate through it

Quote Originally Posted by Tamsu View Post
    LK definetly had a different phase in hc, you went in to the weapon and had to kill the spirits and navigate through it

No, that phase existed on normal. It just targeted one player rather than the entire raid, and the goal inside was different. If you consider that a new phase, so is Rupturing Singularity during 2nd intermission.

Deleted
    Lei shen or BlackHand (amongst the best designed and well tuned encounter) had no secret phase.

What is going on at 3:20 and at other points in the fight? Is it some extra action button thing you get access to? It happens several times during the fight that the entire raid gets gripped to a point rather than being knocked.

I must be honest, this music reminds me why I miss paragon vids so much :S

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    What is going on at 3:20 and at other points in the fight? Is it some extra action button thing you get access to? It happens several times during the fight that the entire raid gets gripped to a point rather than being knocked.
    Mythic only mechanic. When the tank reflection dies, the tank that spawned it get a debuff in him. When this debuff is dispelled, the whole raid is grip to the tank.
    You need to dispell at certain timing or you will get knock off the platform

Meh. I'm okay with no more phases, but not a single damn new ability for the boss? Just make his spells hit insane ton of damage, then cut it back and whoops, you've got mythic. Wonderful. Last phase is holy damn IDENTICAL to heroic. Was it so hard to give him 2-4 new spells to make things hot and complicated rather just make all spells hit twice as harder?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Explorer View Post
    Meh. I'm okay with no more phases, but not a single damn new ability for the boss? Just make his spells hit insane ton of damage, then cut it back and whoops, you've got mythic. Wonderful. Last phase is holy damn IDENTICAL to heroic. Was it so hard to give him 2-4 new spells to make things hot and complicated rather just make all spells hit twice as harder?
    Aren't these orbs after killing adds new ability?