Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    It was explained my friend. You too should try reading that little link. It is quite informative.
    Here is a link to the actual study. (I actually find this fascinating in comparison to your actual topic) Epic facial hair is timeless.

http://journals.plos.org/plosone/art...0149885#sec007

My one issue with the study is that they start by talking about how social media has changed the way we communicate, speak, type/write etc.

But then in the study they use an e-mail, an inquiry into the sale of a home (a significant purchase/transaction) in other words... business. Most people tend to view e-mail as pretty formal. There is plenty of literature available on effective e-mail writing, professional e-mail writing, the importance of a well crafted e-mail, etc.

I think the study would have been far more effective/poignant if it either used both e-mail and a facebook post, or if it instead simply focused solely on the facebook post.

I know plenty of hardcore grammar nazis that look past "mistakes" in a text or twitter post, the point of those is that they are shorthand.

Oh and btw apple... I NEVER mean "ducking".
    Last edited by A dot Ham; 2017-07-25 at 08:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by A dot Ham View Post
    Here is a link to the actual study. (I actually find this fascinating in comparison to your actual topic) Epic facial hair is timeless.

http://journals.plos.org/plosone/art...0149885#sec007

My one issue with the study is that they start by talking about how social media has changed the way we communicate, speak, type/write etc.

But then in the study they use an e-mail, an inquiry into the sale of a home (a significant purchase/transaction) in other words... business. Most people tend to view e-mail as pretty formal. There is plenty of literature available on effective e-mail writing, professional e-mail writing, the importance of a well crafted e-mail, etc.

I think the study would have been far more effective/poignant if it either used both e-mail and a facebook post, or if it instead simply focused solely on the facebook post.

I know plenty of hardcore grammar nazis that look past "mistakes" in a text or twitter post, the point of those is that they are shorthand.

Oh and btw apple... I NEVER mean "ducking".
    I have already linked the actual study on the other page.