Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    civilization existed before technology and it will exist after it, if this scenario demands it

Probably not in the long haul, but I'll survive much longer than 99% of MMO-Champion is my guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    So you'd rather kill a person a day to get your water and food and then live in a abandoned half burned house where you can't fall asleep for more than 5 minutes due to fear of someone sneaking up on you, or make a fire out of fear of someone noticing it. ect etc...

Versus:

Band together as a community so that you can start repairing basic infrastructure such as working wells so that getting potable water is guaranteed. Sharing tasks so that some people can build shelters, some people can focus on growing/gathering food, people with knowledge of medicine can focus on helping sick or injured, those willing to take guard duty can stay alert when they can rotate shifts and get proper rest so they can spot the lone wolf fuckbois miles away and protect the community...

Just fighting each other and abandoning infrastucture is the most retarded thing one could do in mass extinction event of human race.
    If you can get in a community, great. But lets be realistic, here let me set it up:

Band of people get together, resources are tight, but they are managing. Two parents with an 18 year old "mentally handicapped" kid come to the gate and ask for entry. They are told no because they can not take someone in who can not contribute. The parents get angry and demand entry. The father brandishes a gun. They are shot down. Now an argument breaks out inside the camp "what are we, barbarians?" "we had no choice" Some person who feels extra mad about it decides they need new leadership. He kills the old leader in his sleep. Mayhem breaks out, people start killing, the survivors don't trust each other and break off.

You would need a really solid group, with really stable people and really well set rules that all agree on. Possible, yes. Are many going to be successful? I don't think so. Most people won't see the big picture and will just be thinking about today's water and food.

Lets say you and I were in some community, a group of survivors. If some family with a kid with high autism or an old granny showed up, I would be like "nope, can't contribute, get lost" from what I know of you, you would be like "No they are people, we HAVE to let them in" How do we resolve it? People who can't contribute wouldn't be getting my supplies. It would come down to who more people agreed with, me or you. If it doesn't go your way do you stay? I mean I think it would be a really difficult thing to manage.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Well it probably would happen in NA since you folks have been conditioned to it through your entertainment.
    Are you one of those types who believe "violent" video games is the cause of all modern day issues? I very much doubt "The Walking Dead" is going to turn anyone into a serial killer.

That being said, I do agree with the rest of your post, just the small part I quoted is a bit asinine.
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    WoW is ending soon. Mark my words right here right now.
    They're shifting to a Diablo MMO and putting World of Warcraft on hold for the moment/a while.
    Prophet tikcol at your disposal any day, any time.
    Spoken by the great prophet on 6/29/17

Well my city is fed water from an aquifer that is under a majority of the state. It's Nebraska, so there's very few people in most places. I actually assume there would be more law and order here than not. Lots of small communities and all that, we have plentiful access to food, and a massive water supply sitting under us, that we already draw from.
    So as long as we can keep the power on, I don't think the lives of most farmers would change all that much. I'd probably go and try to find one that would take me as a farm hand, and just live as a farmer.

Assuming your main threat are zombies, this would probably more than enough to keep you alive:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sling_(weapon)

It also makes no noise and has basically infinite ammo.

I guess the main problem would end up being other humans and food/water.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a nurse, and former army medic. I'd join up with whatever group I happened up first, and trade my way up.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    *snip*
    I think so, since I live in rural Oklahoma. Very few people out here and there is quite a bit of cattle and agriculture going on right now that most in the area should be fine. myself included.

In general terms most honest survival manuals I've seen suggest that you don't want to plan for living forever but you rather want to plan for living or surviving through your first winter season. A large portion of the population will not survive the first winter after a civilization ending event, afterwards you can worry about rebuilding with the, some estimates put it, 35-40% of the population that is left.

If you can survive in an already existing community do so, you will have a higher chance to survive. If you are in an urban area or you are without significant community ties then your best bet is to try to leave the area and try to survive for the next 6-12 months solo or in a small group. After that try to rejoin a community but prepared to clean toliets or whatever, unless you have a skillset that translates well into such a situation.
    The Right isn't universally bad. The Left isn't universally good. The Left isn't universally bad. The Right isn't universally good. Legal doesn't equal moral. Moral doesn't equal legal. Illegal doesn't equal immoral. Immoral doesn't equal illegal.

Have a nice day.

what type of zombies ? If its the slow walking ones similar to walking dead then sure , its not so hard . But if its something like World war Z ehm probably no

Why would there be roving gangs and survivalists killing people? With a mass die off of people there would be plenty of resources starting out. Besides unless it affects the brain chemistry of the survivors or only the more violent people survived people arent gonna be running around all rapey/killy.

Alot longer than most of the people on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Escepticus View Post
    I actually thought this was a good movie and recommend others watch it. Starts slow, but gets good once the bombs hit. Gory, brutal, didn't hold back. I think the USA would be a quite a bit better off then the UK, so much more land and natural resources. I didn't really get the end where the young people were speaking jibberish, it had only been 13 years, not like people would have made up a new language and by their own estimate there were still 5-10 million pre war people left alive to teach them English.

15+ Year Old Account
    Nope, I've always said if there was a zombie virus I would be one of the first to contract it, if the world starting splitting open I'd be one of the first ones falling into a giant fissure, etc. I'm an average guy and this isn't Hollywood, if a world-ending event is killing most people then statistically I'd be in the "most" group for sure, and you would be too.

I think if we're talking zombie virus then I'd probably be with the majority. Either I'd get bitten and turn into zombie, or I'd go suicide.
    There's just something about a collapsing social structure that would scare me as much as zombies.

I'd prolly be ok living offgrid for a couple years... until the canned food starts running out.

Without assistance, I'm not sure if I'd be able to handle hunting/fishing regularly for food. Not so much the killing, as the preparation and consuming.

And this is what kills people in these sorts of situations after the actual disaster.... "relying on others", that inevitably @!#$ you over or fail you when push comes to shove.

"Showers are a thing of the past"?

You act like there aren't alternatives to that.
    Hmm, if you don't even think of that ...

I have somewhere I need to go, if something like this this happened.
    I'd definitely make it that far and then if nothing else better comes along, there's lotsa' cliffs around that are more than enough of a fall to instantly kill you. Honestly, a world with the internet, games and a future?

There's some hope but there aint much of it.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, probably not.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

If it was just me alive and no one I cared about? Prolly wouldn't put much effort into trying to survive. I don't own weapons, so I'm not sure how well I'd do regardless.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Well if there are no guns for me there would be no guns for other people as well
    Well some group in your country has to have guns, and you'd be that group's bitch...i.e. the military and/or law enforcement. You better hope they're nice about it, but something tells me in the end of the world situation they might not be.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm physically fit and used to be a Boy Scout along with know how to survive in the wild to a modest degree. My knowledge of medicine would probably be useful so I would try to find a colony to help out (assuming my family didn't survive).
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)