Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Victoria View Post
    Man...so far, I gotta say...I still prefer HoT over PoF, by a long, long mile. I know that HoT was more expensive than PoF, but you got a lot more worth for your money than what PoF offers so far. Also, aside from mounts, PoF isn't offering that many new things, and I find the maps to be quite empty. ~5-6 days later and the maps are already empty!

I'll probably end up making a thread about this at some point.
    I'm enjoying PoF a lot more than HoT. Heck, I'd pay $30 for the mounts feature by itself.

I think in HoT there was a lot more going on at the same time. Maybe it was the meta events, maybe it was because Masteries were a new thing back then, maybe it was because I still love gliding, and maybe it was because daredevil was the shit, but I still like HoT more, at least so far.
    Not saying you couldn't like it. You are entitled to and I would never tell you otherwise. But that has nothing to do with what I mentioned about pricing and content.

But in terms of pure quantity they had about the same content just one was overpriced at £34.99 whereas the other is fine at £24.99. Maybe £20 would have been a better aim.

As I said the quality side of content is subjective. The only decent event with HoT imo was Dragons Stand. The Mordremoth battle was a huge upgrade from Zhaitan but well that's not exactly hard considering how underwhelming Arah was in general.

As for Masteries. Credit where it's due for them for experimenting with progression that isn't a level cap increase but my god they are droll.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-09-27 at 11:19 PM.

Man...so far, I gotta say...I still prefer HoT over PoF, by a long, long mile. I know that HoT was more expensive than PoF, but you got a lot more worth for your money than what PoF offers so far. Also, aside from mounts, PoF isn't offering that many new things, and I find the maps to be quite empty. ~5-6 days later and the maps are already empty!

I'll probably end up making a thread about this at some point.
    The main thing is the meta events. I think most of the established players are going back to what they know, vs running some of the metas in PoF. They're not full zone metas, but the zones are MUCH larger than HoT. You didn't get "a lot more" though, PoF has more zones and there's a lot more to find in them. The zones have mob density that works against you just like HoT, but doesn't have Tangled Depths where the actual geography is against you.

HoT did have more masteries, but most of them sucked. The variety of Mastery point challenges in PoF is great.

I think they are very different experiences, certainly. One of the strengths of GW2 though is that the other content isn't irrelevant. There is nothing wrong with still doing Auric Basin for rewards while also exploring achievements in PoF.

And of course, living story.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    The main thing is the meta events. I think most of the established players are going back to what they know, vs running some of the metas in PoF. They're not full zone metas, but the zones are MUCH larger than HoT. You didn't get "a lot more" though, PoF has more zones and there's a lot more to find in them. The zones have mob density that works against you just like HoT, but doesn't have Tangled Depths where the actual geography is against you.

HoT did have more masteries, but most of them sucked. The variety of Mastery point challenges in PoF is great.

I think they are very different experiences, certainly. One of the strengths of GW2 though is that the other content isn't irrelevant. There is nothing wrong with still doing Auric Basin for rewards while also exploring achievements in PoF.

And of course, living story.
    That's the highlight of the expansion for me: The Mastery system has been...mastered.

But I'd really love a mastery for that floaty mount that makes you automatically mount it if you enter a "dangerous area" in the ground (the ones made for you to use that mount).

That's the highlight of the expansion for me: The Mastery system has been...mastered.

But I'd really love a mastery for that floaty mount that makes you automatically mount it if you enter a "dangerous area" in the ground (the ones made for you to use that mount).
    I don't even need automatic, I just need the ability to use it. As soon as you hit the fumes or whatever, you're in combat and can't summon. Damned irritating.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    I don't even need automatic, I just need the ability to use it. As soon as you hit the fumes or whatever, you're in combat and can't summon. Damned irritating.
    Theres a corner on the 3rd map (NW corner) that I always die in because I run 1000 MPH into the quick sand. And theres ~3 mastery points, a hero point, and a legendary bounty near there so I can't be the only one.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    so many years and we still don't have save slots for builds

/sigh
    Yeah this blows.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Deleted
    i'm enjoying the story a lot more in PoF than in HoT mainly as there's a lot more to it. I remember doing the story bit in auric basin and being told to progress to the next map after like 5 minutes of tracking some buggy footprints.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    Yeah this blows.
    we do have then now through a legal addon signed off by anet.

Resident Cosplay Progressive