Page 1 of 10
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1
    Legendary! Gandrake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    6,859

    Guy gets reported until banned with new system

    A self-proclaimed "Sombra and Torbjorn main" has already been banned from comp. At least, I hope he's only banned from comp lol

    I kind of get the feeling useless Hanzo and Widowmaker players are about to stop playing comp.

    I'm not going there to die. I'm going to find out if I'm really alive. I have to.

  2. #2
    Scarab Lord Darkeon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    4,898
    Apparently a lazy, messed up system. Who would've known, coming from Blizzard.

  3. #3
    The system is less than perfect atm, true.

    But this guy had it coming.
    From what I'm reading in that reddit thread the guy in question played Torb and Sombra despite being asked to switch to other chars. Apparently for a long time, 100 reports ? Jesus.

    That's at least 20 games, assuming every other team member reported him every time.

  4. #4
    Ok ... so this dude got 100 people to report himself, was banned ( claims it was automated ) then whine about it.

    got it.

    If nothing else he should be banned for spamming the report system *just to test it *

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by rad586 View Post
    The system is less than perfect atm, true.

    But this guy had it coming.
    From what I'm reading in that reddit thread the guy in question played Torb and Sombra despite being asked to switch to other chars. Apparently for a long time, 100 reports ? Jesus.

    That's at least 20 games, assuming every other team member reported him every time.
    So in this game if i dont play right character - i am gonna be banned? good luck with asking me to pay for that crap.

  6. #6
    But if they ban me from their game I wont pay the sub fee they really haven't thought this one through

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Seidhe View Post
    So in this game if i dont play right character - i am gonna be banned? good luck with asking me to pay for that crap.
    It's not so much playing the right character, but playing characters that are not useless most of the time.

    Torb and Sombra are specific characters. If not played to their fullest, they are on the level of a fly in terms of annoyance for the enemy team.

    If you want to play "defense" character, there are other choices like Mei or Junkrat.
    If you want to play "assault" characters, there are other, better choices like Soldier 76, Pharah, Tracer, etc.

    In all of his games he was reported, he refused to switch to any other character than Torb or Sombra. He had to play like that for ATLEAST 20 games, that's assuming every other team member reported him each time.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffyfluff View Post
    But if they ban me from their game I wont pay the sub fee they really haven't thought this one through
    Sub fee ? In Overwatch ? What are you smoking ? Loot Boxes are not the same as subscription fee.

  8. #8
    The Insane Eleccybubb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Algo Solar System.
    Posts
    15,438
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffyfluff View Post
    But if they ban me from their game I wont pay the sub fee they really haven't thought this one through
    Uhm sub fee?

    Overwatch is B2P mate with optional cosmetic microtransactions.
    A life with no changes can’t be called life. You can only call it experience. Lelouch Vi Britannia. (Code Geass)
    I refuse to be a slave of fate! I will be the master of my own future! Shir Gold. (Phantasy Star 2)
    Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose. Ayrton Senna. (3 times Formula 1 World Champion)

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by rad586 View Post
    It's not so much playing the right character, but playing characters that are not useless most of the time.

    Torb and Sombra are specific characters. If not played to their fullest, they are on the level of a fly in terms of annoyance for the enemy team.

    If you want to play "defense" character, there are other choices like Mei or Junkrat.
    If you want to play "assault" characters, there are other, better choices like Soldier 76, Pharah, Tracer, etc.

    In all of his games he was reported, he refused to switch to any other character than Torb or Sombra. He had to play like that for ATLEAST 20 games, that's assuming every other team member reported him each time.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Sub fee ? In Overwatch ? What are you smoking ? Loot Boxes are not the same as subscription fee.
    I understand what you say and i agree that someone who totally refuse to change charac is usually just a troll.

    That said, i don't think this kind of system can work in this game. You can't have an automatic process in OW. Because even if 100 is a very high number of report, you can't actually know why really he has been reported. And if you can't know, you can't ban.

    Let's imagine Mr. X, who can only play 3 Heroes not meta. He join, pick ups his favorite. He is not doing great, despite being is main for X reason (lagging, the other are better and so on). People heats up, start flaming. They ask him to change Hero. He refuse, and get reported, ok that's fine. He change, but he sucks so hard on that other role he ends up doing even worse, and get a report for that.

    In this scenario, you have a report in both cases. And mind that, when people lose, it's not so hard to get reported even for the minimal shit.

    Again, in this kind of game, you seriously need some not-automatic ban system (even worse if ban is permanent).
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordfish Trombone View Post
    Life hack: Unsub for 6 months and come back when you think the game is fun again.

  10. #10
    Herald of the Titans De Lupe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    221B Baker Street
    Posts
    2,503
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffyfluff View Post
    But if they ban me from their game I wont pay the sub fee they really haven't thought this one through
    Overwatch has no subscription. Pay once and it's yours.

  11. #11
    The Insane Kaleredar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    16,931
    Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post
    I understand what you say and i agree that someone who totally refuse to change charac is usually just a troll.

    That said, i don't think this kind of system can work in this game. You can't have an automatic process in OW. Because even if 100 is a very high number of report, you can't actually know why really he has been reported. And if you can't know, you can't ban.
    If 100 people report you, you are doing something consistently enough to piss off 100 people.

    That means you're doing something royally fucked up. Like, you don't play "a few games poorly" and get reported 100 times. You have to be doing something out of your way to illicit the ire of others so consistently.

    Let's imagine Mr. X, who can only play 3 Heroes not meta. He join, pick ups his favorite. He is not doing great, despite being is main for X reason (lagging, the other are better and so on). People heats up, start flaming. They ask him to change Hero. He refuse, and get reported, ok that's fine. He change, but he sucks so hard on that other role he ends up doing even worse, and get a report for that.
    And that happens one hundred times?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post
    Overwatch has no subscription. Pay once and it's yours.
    I stand corrected

  13. #13
    Just look at the thread: The guy has been exposed for intentionally trolling for over a year on reddit, so you can assume he did the same ingame.

    Unless there come up reports of other people wrongfully banned by the current system I'd say it looks like the system is working as intended.

  14. #14
    The Insane Jessicka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    17,415
    I'm fairly flexible, I play mostly D.Va because she works in a lot of situations, but I've taken to playing mostly Orisa on defence and I've been questioned about that a few times.

    So, what when I'm being countered. I should switch when I'm countered, right? Or we already have enough tanks. Or no one is countering Pharah, Reaper, Symmetra? Or their D.Va or Rein are proving a problem. Okay, I go Widowmaker, or Sombra. I get told I'm throwing. We need a healer, I pick Ana, fuck I've even been told not to play her.

    People don't want you to be flexible. I can have my ass handed to me all match and do nothing with D.Va and chances are no one would say anything. I've had a ton of matches with Tracer and Genji DPS make no effort to deal with Pharah, and it was only me questioning their picks. Genji can be eaten by Winston all game and rarely does it get mentioned.

    It's nothing to do with team play or bad picks or whatever, 99% of the time it's just picking an easy scapegoat.

  15. #15
    Looks like I won't continue playing Comp much. I play only 2 characters.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by rad586 View Post
    The system is less than perfect atm, true.

    But this guy had it coming.
    From what I'm reading in that reddit thread the guy in question played Torb and Sombra despite being asked to switch to other chars. Apparently for a long time, 100 reports ? Jesus.

    That's at least 20 games, assuming every other team member reported him every time.
    That. Doesn't. Matter.

    Blizzard clearly said and still states in the ingame report function, (paraphased) 'you can not report people for their champion picks because you disagree with it'

    In other words, you people can't dictate what people play and how they play. Nor can you report them for being shit

    If they are deliberately trolling say Sym portal on a edge, or chasing players with torbs hammer fine, report them for trolling.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    If 100 people report you, you are doing something consistently enough to piss off 100 people.

    That means you're doing something royally fucked up. Like, you don't play "a few games poorly" and get reported 100 times. You have to be doing something out of your way to illicit the ire of others so consistently.



    And that happens one hundred times?
    Yeah i agree that one hundred is quite a lot. But can i ask you, or anyonelse if they know, if this count can be "resetted"? For example i have 30 report, i don't have report for 3 months, the count goes to 0?

    Because 100 report can be a lot, but if you can reach them indefinitely, well, even a "normal" player can occur, sooner or later, in a ban. And that's why you need someone who can sort out if the report makes actually sense or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordfish Trombone View Post
    Life hack: Unsub for 6 months and come back when you think the game is fun again.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    That. Doesn't. Matter.

    Blizzard clearly said and still states in the ingame report function, (paraphased) 'you can not report people for their champion picks because you disagree with it'

    In other words, you people can't dictate what people play and how they play. Nor can you report them for being shit

    If they are deliberately trolling say Sym portal on a edge, or chasing players with torbs hammer fine, report them for trolling.
    There's a big difference betwean playing specific characters because you are good at them, and playing specific characters even when you are countered HARD.
    In the second case it can be considered as throwing the match or trolling.

    Even so.
    This guy got reported. One. Hundred. Times. Even if one team flames you for your pick and reports you, it wouldn't be even close to that number.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by rad586 View Post
    There's a big difference betwean playing specific characters because you are good at them, and playing specific characters even when you are countered HARD.
    In the second case it can be considered as throwing the match or trolling.

    Even so.
    This guy got reported. One. Hundred. Times. Even if one team flames you for your pick and reports you, it wouldn't be even close to that number.
    No there isnt, Blizzard is clear about it

    Only difference is, people are starting to realize because their competitive nature comes out on a game they -care- how others feel when they do it at other games etc etc etc.

    The system is flawed if this can happen under Blizzard own rules.

    Obviously the guy is a mega noob that i would be yelling at him for being shit if he doesnt switch when countered but thats irrelevant, its what Blizzard dictates as "reportable" and this isnt one of the cases.

    Its just automated systems fucking up.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    No there isnt, Blizzard is clear about it

    Only difference is, people are starting to realize because their competitive nature comes out on a game they -care- how others feel when they do it at other games etc etc etc.

    The system is flawed if this can happen under Blizzard own rules.

    Obviously the guy is a mega noob that i would be yelling at him for being shit if he doesnt switch when countered but thats irrelevant, its what Blizzard dictates as "reportable" and this isnt one of the cases.

    Its just automated systems fucking up.
    In my very first post in this thread I've stated my opinion, that this system is less than perfect at the moment.

    It doesn't change the fact that he pissed off other players 100 times in a short while, so much that they went and reported him.

    If we assume avarage of 1 person reporting you per game, that would be atleast 100 games.
    If we assume he was total dick pissing off all other team members, that's still 20 games.

    This system went live like several hours ago ? A day ? That's trolling/throwing on purpose to get himself reported as much as possible.
    Last edited by rad586; 2017-07-26 at 11:17 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •