Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by rad586 View Post
    In my very first post in this thread I've stated my opinion, that this system is less than perfect at the moment.

    It doesn't change the fact that he pissed off other players 100 times in a short while, so much that they went and reported him.

    If we assume avarage of 1 person reporting you per game, that would be atleast 100 games.
    If we assume he was total dick pissing off all other team members, that's still 20 games.

    This system went live like several hours ago ? A day ? That's trolling/throwing on purpose to get himself reported as much as possible.
    I dont know what system Blizzard uses, but i can guess the flaw of "gathered reports".

    And what i mean by that is, despite me gathering thousand of reports 3-4 years ago at Dota 2 (Yes i am toxic because people are mega bad there too) nowdays even while being 2 years offline averagely because it messes with my anger when i play that game, even the report of "Can we get wards please?" when asking the supports, triggers the auto-punishment system (Low priority).

    I can guess because my account is flagged as "disturbing".

    I can guess Blizzard system is the same without a "cleansing" "reset" option.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by rad586 View Post
    There's a big difference betwean playing specific characters because you are good at them, and playing specific characters even when you are countered HARD.
    In the second case it can be considered as throwing the match or trolling.

    Even so.
    This guy got reported. One. Hundred. Times. Even if one team flames you for your pick and reports you, it wouldn't be even close to that number.
    You can try to justify it how you want,

    Base line is the same regardless your opinion,

    You can not report people for their character choices.

    I disagree with it, but its black and white.

  3. #23
    The Insane Jessicka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    17,415
    It does say "verified" reports, so it mustn't be entirely automated.

    But yeah, you cannot report players for their hero picks, and you cannot report people for playing badly. Those are explicit.

    Also this:

    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Over the next several months, we have plans to make additional improvements based on your feedback, including scaling competitive season bans, a notification system that will alert you when a player you’ve reported is actioned, and functionality that will allow us to more aggressively penalize players who attempt to abuse the in-game reporting tool.
    So those who are reporting people for their picks, and playing badly should end up being penalised too.

  4. #24
    Legendary! Tharkkun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Minnesnowta
    Posts
    6,447
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    No there isnt, Blizzard is clear about it

    Only difference is, people are starting to realize because their competitive nature comes out on a game they -care- how others feel when they do it at other games etc etc etc.

    The system is flawed if this can happen under Blizzard own rules.

    Obviously the guy is a mega noob that i would be yelling at him for being shit if he doesnt switch when countered but thats irrelevant, its what Blizzard dictates as "reportable" and this isnt one of the cases.

    Its just automated systems fucking up.
    The person was trolling and begging to report him so he could make up a fabricated story. The only automated piece is he went over the threshold for an automatic ban. It wouldn't happen to a normal player.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [email protected]'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Looks like I won't continue playing Comp much. I play only 2 characters.
    Good.

    If a player can only play 2 characters, they really have no business playing comp whatsoever. It demands a
    great deal more flexibility.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    Good.

    If a player can only play 2 characters, they really have no business playing comp whatsoever. It demands a
    great deal more flexibility.
    Because fuck you new OW players right? Be able to play all or gtfo from my game eh? Jesus this elitist mentality.... lower ELO exist for a reason....
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordfish Trombone View Post
    Life hack: Unsub for 6 months and come back when you think the game is fun again.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by rad586 View Post
    It's not so much playing the right character, but playing characters that are not useless most of the time.

    Torb and Sombra are specific characters. If not played to their fullest, they are on the level of a fly in terms of annoyance for the enemy team.

    If you want to play "defense" character, there are other choices like Mei or Junkrat.
    If you want to play "assault" characters, there are other, better choices like Soldier 76, Pharah, Tracer, etc.

    In all of his games he was reported, he refused to switch to any other character than Torb or Sombra. He had to play like that for ATLEAST 20 games, that's assuming every other team member reported him each time.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Sub fee ? In Overwatch ? What are you smoking ? Loot Boxes are not the same as subscription fee.
    Why not remove Sombra and Torb from the game then? If a character is gonna get you banned, why are they there?

  8. #28
    The Insane Jessicka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    17,415
    Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    Why not remove Sombra and Torb from the game then? If a character is gonna get you banned, why are they there?
    Oh, there's plenty more you can add to that list. Right now, Sombra, Torb, Symmetra (if not defending Point A), Widowmaker, Bastion, Orisa, Hanzo, Junkrat, Mei, Roadhog, McCree, hell I've even been told 'no Ana' before now, could get you reported. Defence Genji is probably up there too.

    Doesn't leave a whole lot to pick from, does it?

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by rad586 View Post
    The system is less than perfect atm, true.

    But this guy had it coming.
    From what I'm reading in that reddit thread the guy in question played Torb and Sombra despite being asked to switch to other chars. Apparently for a long time, 100 reports ? Jesus.

    That's at least 20 games, assuming every other team member reported him every time.
    Ya except according to Blizzard "playing a hero that isn't optimal for a comp" or "picking torb or sym on attack" isn't a bannable offence. So shocking they sent out another shit system like they did with the auto ban system they did in WoW during WoD.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Oh, there's plenty more you can add to that list. Right now, Sombra, Torb, Symmetra (if not defending Point A), Widowmaker, Bastion, Orisa, Hanzo, Junkrat, Mei, Roadhog, McCree, hell I've even been told 'no Ana' before now, could get you reported. Defence Genji is probably up there too.

    Doesn't leave a whole lot to pick from, does it?
    This entire story is fake anyway. He was extremely toxic on reddit (all of which he of course deleted now) and he even asked people ingame to report him, that's why he got banned. Same as this guy https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/c...and_it_can_be/
    Claims his team got a 1 day suspension after 4 reports, but doesn't wanna show any logs to prove his claim and of course he doesn't have any evidence whatsoever (Again, no blizzard email)

    Just looks like people are crying about a system because they know they're gonna get banned for griefing/toxic/throwing/afking/inting

  11. #31
    Legendary! Gandrake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    6,859
    Quote Originally Posted by rad586 View Post
    The system is less than perfect atm, true.

    But this guy had it coming.
    From what I'm reading in that reddit thread the guy in question played Torb and Sombra despite being asked to switch to other chars. Apparently for a long time, 100 reports ? Jesus.

    That's at least 20 games, assuming every other team member reported him every time.
    thats not including votes from the other team too

    ive legit had a torb thrower before and everyone in match reported him

    some people are upset about it and in some ways i sympathize but on the other hand if that many people are tilted by your pick you're just hurting your team lol

    I'm not going there to die. I'm going to find out if I'm really alive. I have to.

  12. #32
    Dreadlord Dys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    834
    A shitbag gets banned for being a shitbag, blames the system and people believe him?

    I'd facepalm over this, but palm would go extinct.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Seidhe View Post
    So in this game if i dont play right character - i am gonna be banned? good luck with asking me to pay for that crap.
    Oh it's fine, Overwatch doesn't need you

  14. #34
    Is this a joke? I don't care for the reason at all. He shouldn't be banned for "playing the wrong character".

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post
    Yeah i agree that one hundred is quite a lot. But can i ask you, or anyonelse if they know, if this count can be "resetted"? For example i have 30 report, i don't have report for 3 months, the count goes to 0?

    Because 100 report can be a lot, but if you can reach them indefinitely, well, even a "normal" player can occur, sooner or later, in a ban. And that's why you need someone who can sort out if the report makes actually sense or not.
    I'm sure they reset much faster. If I had to guess, I'd say each report drops off after 3 months or so, so you'd really have to try to actually get banned. Even if it was true that you could get automatically banned after reaching 100 reports, I honestly can't imagine how bad or how toxic must one person be to be able to gather 100 reports over 3 months.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

  16. #36
    The Lightbringer Schattenlied's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Wasington State
    Posts
    3,914
    Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post
    Let's imagine Mr. X, who can only play 3 Heroes not meta. He join, pick ups his favorite. He is not doing great, despite being is main for X reason (lagging, the other are better and so on). People heats up, start flaming. They ask him to change Hero. He refuse, and get reported, ok that's fine. He change, but he sucks so hard on that other role he ends up doing even worse, and get a report for that.
    If you can only play 3 characters, you shouldn't be in competitive anyways.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post
    Because fuck you new OW players right? Be able to play all or gtfo from my game eh? Jesus this elitist mentality.... lower ELO exist for a reason....
    If you can only play 2 characters, play quickplay until you lerarn more, that's what it's there for... You don't go into competitive and drag other people down.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

  17. #37
    The Insane Jessicka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    17,415
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    If you can only play 3 characters, you shouldn't be in competitive anyways.

    If you can only play 2 characters, play quickplay until you lerarn more, that's what it's there for... You don't go into competitive and drag other people down.
    You can pretty easily one trick a tank or support without anyone ever really noticing or caring. I've said before, I'd actually like to be more flexible, I just don't get the opportunities.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2017-07-26 at 05:27 PM.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Oh, there's plenty more you can add to that list. Right now, Sombra, Torb, Symmetra (if not defending Point A), Widowmaker, Bastion, Orisa, Hanzo, Junkrat, Mei, Roadhog, McCree, hell I've even been told 'no Ana' before now, could get you reported. Defence Genji is probably up there too.

    Doesn't leave a whole lot to pick from, does it?
    I would have to agree with you on this.

    I've been told by other players that almost every choice I picked in terms of characters was the "wrong" choice in various different games. Its like they think they are some pro or something and we are only in the 2200 bracket.

    I promptly tell them to pack salt and I play what I want as long as it helps the comp.

    Usually the comp in the meta is 2 tank, 2 heals, 1 assualt, 1 defense (usually a junkrat or hanzo type).

  19. #39
    I sympathize with the gentlemen banned. People shouldn't have to play characters that fit the meta. Sure, he may not be playing what the team wants him to play, but why should he face any consequence for choosing the character he wants to play?

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Seidhe View Post
    So in this game if i dont play right character - i am gonna be banned? good luck with asking me to pay for that crap.
    Sadly enough, there are actual people on this forum who believe this should happen... including a moderator...

    I mean... far be it for me to expect something like a player making a poor game play decision would eventually lose enough rating due to losing games and low performance stats in said games, and get out of their games as they sink to lower leagues. But nope... we have to BAN these players from playing. *facepalm*
    Last edited by Very Tired; 2017-07-26 at 05:43 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •