Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account

Trump: Transgendered people will not be allowed to serve in the military in any way

Article: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/26/u...y.html?mcubz=0

Big article all over the news cycle this morning, whats everyone's reaction to this?

As someone who served in the military, i can tell you i personally don't care if someone is LGBTQ

The only thing i agree on is that the military should be a vessel you seek simply for gender reassignment surgery

If someone joins, and is transgendered, and has intentions on severing under the premise of serving, then I applaud them. But if they joined simply for the surgery, and could care less about their actual service to the nation, i would have a problem with that, just like i have a problem with anyone joining for reasons other than serving, and having the accessibility to go on and do bigger and better things with their lives!

All in all, i could care less who joins

It's almost like we already have one of these in the political subforums where it belongs.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Probably won't go through but man that trump is just the person you love to hate

7+ Year Old Account
    Good. Military is not a social experiment.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    I agree with you on this, which is why i stated that if you join for reasons other than service your country, you're joining for the wrong reasons

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    Humans are a social experiment?

10+ Year Old Account
    Third thread is the charm i guess

I mean we should also just ban the gays and women and blacks too because we all know the military needs to be only for "straight" (lol) white men.

One of the few times where that descriptor actually is legitimate.

Hes doing them a favor. If they join they will have to endure so many fag, queer,homo, and sissy jokes that they will probably go "Private Pile"on everyone or just kill themselves. I would think this is more General Mattis than it is Trump on this.

"All those who serve are equal, but some are more equal than others." - Trump, probably

Quote Originally Posted by Lazyyrogue View Post
    I agree with you on this, which is why i stated that if you join for reasons other than service your country, you're joining for the wrong reasons
    Yeah everybody knows Trans people join an organization, that is far more likely to result in their deaths due to just being at work, to make a point rather than being patriotic Americans who want to defend their country.

Does anyone know if this action could be contested in court? Mostly just curious for a legal perspective on this order.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    I mean we should also just ban the gays and women and blacks too because we all know the military needs to be only for "straight" (lol) white men.

One of the few times where that descriptor actually is legitimate.
    I don't think anyone said this? No need to turn this into a race or gender issue

Quote Originally Posted by Lazyyrogue View Post
    I don't think anyone said this? No need to turn this into a race or gender issue
    Please tell me why this orange retard would ban Trans people if not because of the gender issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Begezus, closing this because it inevitably will turn into gender like the first time it was posted

Closing