Trump bans transgender from serving in the military

President Donald Trump announced Wednesday that he plans to reinstate a ban on transgender individuals from serving "in any capacity" in the US armed forces.

The decision reversed a policy initially approved by the Defense Department under President Barack Obama, which was still under final review, that would allow transgender individuals to openly serve in the military. Defense Secretary James Mattis announced last month that he was delaying enactment of the plan to begin allowing transgender individuals to join the US military.
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/26/politi...der/index.html

Thoughts? I think it's a good decision. A phrase that is synonymous with military service, selfless service. If you truly want to serve your nation, be prepared to make sacrifices. Just as the people did before you and as they will do long after you are gone. Your personal feelings really don't matter in the military. Join the circus if you want to be a clown. But that's just me.

I am certain that this topic is already being covered in an existing thread, and I hope you get infracted for your "join the circus if you want to be a clown" comment. Grow up.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they're fit to serve, then what's the problem?

Let a qualified doctor decide.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    5th thread today!

Whack a mole!

Good. Mentally ill people shouldn't be allowed to serve.

infracted - forbidden topics
    Last edited by Crissi; 2017-07-27 at 12:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I am certain that this topic is already being covered in an existing thread, and I hope you get infracted for your "join the circus if you want to be a clown" comment. Grow up.
    Actually there isn't - they all instantly get locked because the subject matter is against the ToC by definition. Which does really kinda showcase how bad Dumbass Dump screwed up with this one when you think about it.... when has a sitting president ever done something so stupidly obviously controversial and petty that MMOC can't even host a basic topic on it without it devolving to be against the ToC?

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    5th thread today!

Whack a mole!
    People really want to get a thread going to bash dem trans people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    I mean, if it makes them feel better about themselves...

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Actually there isn't - they all instantly get locked because the subject matter is against the ToC by definition. Which does really kinda showcase how bad Dumbass Dump screwed up with this one when you think about it.... when has a sitting president every done something so stupidly obviously controversial and petty that MMOC can't even have a basic topic on it?
    I think it's more reflective of how immature people here are with their bait threads on gender and sexuality topics. I don't think everyone who has a conservative opinion on this topic is baiting the forums, but a lot of them clearly are.

Trump is a petty child who is butthurt that he has so little support for his proposed policies.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    it's kind of a big deal worth discussion though, isn't it? It's just unfortunate that the thread will inevitably get hijacked and locked as soon as a mod sees it.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

10+ Year Old Account
    such a "lgbt friendly" president we have

7+ Year Old Account
    Inc thread ban cause mods can't handle this topic

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Trump is a petty child who is butthurt that he has so little support for his proposed policies.
    The sad part is I think his (Dumbass Donnie's) decision prolly has more to do with Obama than anything anti-LGBTQ. My mother has said it best: It seems like Dumbass Dump's only purpose is to try to erase everything Obama did from history. Everything that had NOTHING to do with his campaign, from Cuba to this, has only one thing in common - wiping out ANYTHING Obama has done, for better or worse, just because it was Obama.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    Inc thread ban cause mods can't handle this topic
    It isn't mods that are the issue when it comes to "handling" the topic.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    The sad part is I think his (Dumbass Donnie's) decision prolly has more to do with Obama than anything anti-LGBTQ. My mother has said it best: It seems like Dumbass Dump's only purpose is to try to erase everything Obama did from history. Everything that had NOTHING to do with his campaign, from Cuba to this, has only one thing in common - wiping out ANYTHING Obama has done, for better or worse, just because it was Obama.
    His obsession with Obama is weird. I totally believe the pee tape exists btw.

10+ Year Old Account
    How this thread started out is exactly why gender threads aren't allowed and why it has been shut down all day

Closing