Subscription boxes

So subscription boxes are pretty cool. You sign up for a service where you pay so much money a month and a company sends you a box/crate filled with cool goodies that you are interested in. I've seen them for things like food, nerdy goodness, pops, clothing. Pretty much all markets seem to have at least one vendor in the subscription box market.

Are any of you guys signed up for any? I used to get Love With Food, and Loot Crate.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Deleted
    None because 99% of them are a scam. You spend full value on items of which you might appreciate 20% while your brain thinks you're getting a bargain.

Never even heard of them. I am probably not within their demographic base.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    So subscription boxes are pretty cool. You sign up for a service where you pay so much money a month and a company sends you a box/crate filled with cool goodies that you are interested in. I've seen them for things like food, nerdy goodness, pops, clothing. Pretty much all markets seem to have at least one vendor in the subscription box market.

Are any of you guys signed up for any? I used to get Love With Food, and Loot Crate.
    Why would I pay $16 a month to get $10 worth of random things?

I just looked up the 'lovewithfood'. I can see it being a unique gift item. I wouldn't buy one for myself though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never subscribed, but some of them will let you buy single boxes from past months. That I have done.

Not signed up to any but was tempted by Graze and the one that sent out razor blades every month.

Nope 99% crap I don't need, but since I have a subscription I try to convince myself of its usefulness. If I want an item I will buy that item. I don't need a complete stranger picking out a bunch of shit I don't need and making it look cool in a fancy box.

I don't, but the stuff like lootcrate or lootanime or w.e. seems like scams. I can just buy individual stuff I ACTUALLY want instead of a bunch of junk that just clutters the house.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've gotten several different subscription boxes in the past. It's kinda neat getting a random assortment of stuff, mostly when you get something that you may not have considered trying/buying in the first place. There are also the specific fandom types which come less frequently, but are targeted at a specific fandom like the Doctor Who Box or Firefly.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate the concept. It's compulsive shopping taken to another level.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    None because 99% of them are a scam. You spend full value on items of which you might appreciate 20% while your brain thinks you're getting a bargain.
    not all of them. I get the firefly boxes. its' 200$ for 6 boxes per year. so about 30$ a box,which contains at leasdt a tshirt (which would cost 15-20$ anyhow) and a bunch of items that are at LEAST retail anywhere the cost of the box and usually more.
    I dont get them to "appreciate" though i just love the show and like getting some cool shit from it

Gotten Loot Crate frequently in the past. Was a regular subscriber to the Arcade Block from Nerdblock, but they divided that into a Gamer M and E block which are both disappointing. Looking for a good replacement for that, actually. The Loot Gaming box is only very rarely aligned with my interests. They've announced a Fallout box that I'm thinking about getting one or two of, but not ongoing unless it's really impressive (doubtful)
    The reports of my death were surprisingly well-sourced and accurate.

Deleted
    Nah. There hasn't really been anything that I want, but MiniCrate has me interested once it starts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wrangled my coworkers and got my manager at work a 6 month gift subscription to fuegobox for her birthday. She loves hot sauces and wants to try different ones. 3 random bottles a month for 6 months. She's using it to find ones she loves then will go hunting for those particular hot sauces.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Helkezin View Post
    but MiniCrate has me interested once it starts.
    Ooh, I'm gonna look more into that one. Sounds interesting.
    The reports of my death were surprisingly well-sourced and accurate.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like lootcrate. Not every month is a 'winner' for me but for ~16 a month and getting some nice shirts and other stuff, its worth it. Im not so poor that 16/mo makes or breaks anything
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

I did a food/snack 'loot box' for foreign food for a few months. Was neat. Once was snacks from Japan, once was snacks from Greece, once was snacks from Spain. Then I got a box of food from Canada and then one from the USA. As I live in the US and can drive to Canada in under two hours, I figured it is not worth it.