10+ Year Old Account

CNN Floats Joe Scarborough 2020 Presidential Run

I'm mostly ambivalent about CNN, I recognize they will do anything for ratings. But this latest piece by everyone's favorite politics editor is beyond the pale.

If you wanted to run for president in 2020, you'd be doing exactly what Joe Scarborough is doing right now.

First came Scarborough's Washington Post op-ed earlier this month, with the provocative headline: "Trump is killing the Republican Party."
    In it, Scarborough wrote that he was leaving the Republican Party, explaining:
    "The Republican Party left its senses. The political movement that once stood athwart history resisting bloated government and military adventurism has been reduced to an amalgam of talk-radio resentments. President Trump's Republicans have devolved into a party without a cause, dominated by a leader hopelessly ill-informed about the basics of conservatism, US history and the Constitution."
    Now comes a cover story by Olivia Nuzzi in New York magazine about Scarborough and his co-host/fiancee Mika Brzezinski that casts the duo, but especially Scarborough, as Trump's foil over his first six months in office.

Step 1: Leave Republican Party
    Step 2: Leave Republican Party Again
    Step 3: Marry Mika Brzezinski for sweet Third Way street cred
    Step 4: ???
    Step 5: Profit

Eh, he can run, he won't win though. Republicans won't vote for him because he opposed their God Emperor, he was on the "evil liberal fake news," he left the Republican party, and he's marrying an evil liberal coastal elite.

Let me get this straight.. A guy that left the Republican party twice, is on MSNBC, wears Mr Rogers sweaters, married a hardcore leftwing chick.. yeah... good luck bud.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Eh, he can run, he won't win though. Republicans won't vote for him because he opposed their God Emperor, he was on the "evil liberal fake news," he left the Republican party, and he's marrying an evil liberal coastal elite.
    And Democrats won't vote for him because he's kind of a tool. He's been MSNBC's token Republican for too long to sit well on the left.

uncanny valley

He would have to answer some very uncomfortable questions about a secretary he once had had that he may or may not have had an affair with and then may or may not have murdered.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

15+ Year Old Account
    Dear Dems,

Just because Republicans think "GO FURTHER RIGHT" is the correct battle call, doesn't mean you have to copy them.

Please, no Scarborough.

k thx
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

He has squinty eyes. For some reason that's the only way to get the Republican vote.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Joe who? /10car
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Joe who? /10car
    He appears to host some mediocre morning show.

It seems awful but it's hard for me to judge since I find almost all US news/current affairs shows mind melting to watch. Except maybe PBS or something.

Not that it's a lot better over here to be honest, but there's a horrible cloying saccharine feeling to mainstream US TV that I swear is unique.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    Let me get this straight.. A guy that left the Republican party twice, is on MSNBC, wears Mr Rogers sweaters, married a hardcore leftwing chick.. yeah... good luck bud.
    Yea it's not like a hollywood elite celebrity rich guy from liberal New York who was a democrat 99% of his life just became the republican nominee and president

10+ Year Old Account
    Dems must love to lose. Whatever though. Make sure you tell the DNC its his turn, because they are currently eyeing Chelsea.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Dems must love to lose. Whatever though. Make sure you tell the DNC its his turn, because they are currently eyeing Chelsea.
    Only people looking at clintons are right-wingers who keep on mentioning Hilly Clinton once a week.