Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    CW is 90% number padding and not constructive healing in a raid situation. It's the best numbers talent for logs and reducing your tanks self healing.

Quote Originally Posted by axxey View Post
    CW is 90% number padding and not constructive healing in a raid situation. It's the best numbers talent for logs and reducing your tanks self healing.
    What? How is CW not "constructive healing"? It's a single target burst heal on a short CD that you can use to help top tanks off as needed or use on other targets that drop low and that you know will take damage to proc it. If you're going to call it number padding, you may as well call Lifebloom and all other HoTs that you put on a tank padding, as well as stuff like Beacon of Light, etc. I think it's really kind of a ridiculous argument, especially because single target burst saves are one of the things that the spec in general tends to be weak at, and this bridges a toolkit gap.

Plus, the alternative is taking Prosperity so you can essentially get more Efflo 4 pc healing. Efflo in general is far more of a "meter padding" tool than CW.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberria View Post
    If you're going to call it number padding, you may as well call Lifebloom and all other HoTs that you put on a tank padding, as well as stuff like Beacon of Light, etc. I think it's really kind of a ridiculous argument, especially because single target burst saves are one of the things that the spec in general tends to be weak at, and this bridges a toolkit gap.

Plus, the alternative is taking Prosperity so you can essentially get more Efflo 4 pc healing. Efflo in general is far more of a "meter padding" tool than CW.
    You make my point for me, there's all these tank padding effects going on that dont require a talent and other classes much more able to deal with tank spikes.
    The arguement that it fills a role is ok in theory except that in practice it will be used on cooldown to pad as much numbers since it's perfect snipe heal that only activates on any damage taken(often at 90+%) for guaranteed healable missing health.
    The alternative of prosperity can be taken with soul of the forest synergi(not just 4pc), but even taking abundance creates more flexibility in dealing with spike damage than a fire and forget every 30 seconds.
    If your tanks and other healers are terrible then maybe CW has it's place outside of personal number throughput.

Weird argument... padding means healing more so other healers can focus on other targets?

You are aware padding means useless healing, right? Maybe sniping would be more appropriate, if a holy paladin is overhealing because of you,then it's not that much of good team work.

I mean, as long as it's not overhealing, healing MORE is always a good thing, it saves mana for other healers.

As for the OP, pretty sure now you don't want Properity if you don't have the ring.. there aren't that many fight you would benefit from having your Efflorescence bonus up that much from my experience.. as I don't have the ring, I tried, but results are just not satisfying.

But it's really fight dependant... Harjatan, Sisters and Kil'jaden are probably the best candidates from Prosperity and Tier 20.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by axxey View Post
    You make my point for me, there's all these tank padding effects going on that dont require a talent and other classes much more able to deal with tank spikes.
    The arguement that it fills a role is ok in theory except that in practice it will be used on cooldown to pad as much numbers since it's perfect snipe heal that only activates on any damage taken(often at 90+%) for guaranteed healable missing health.
    The alternative of prosperity can be taken with soul of the forest synergi(not just 4pc), but even taking abundance creates more flexibility in dealing with spike damage than a fire and forget every 30 seconds.
    If your tanks and other healers are terrible then maybe CW has it's place outside of personal number throughput.
    I think we found ourselves a Hpally that is mad he doesn't get 100% efficiency from his beacon
    Leafcast - <Don't Laugh At My Giraffe> Proudmoore

I am running Abundance in raids , before you judge me try it yourself and see how you crush other healers even in Mythics / heroic raids .

With T19 Mythic + Shoulder is preferred to have instant HT instant .

Play style is very greedy , make sure to heal smartly and help targets who drop down low where our hots atm are too slow to keep them up .
    Last edited by jacktheking; 2017-08-10 at 04:11 PM.