Deleted

Question Artifact Appearances, would it be possible?

Okay, I don't want to make this a life story thread, so please excuse me if it sounds that way.
    I've been playing wow for a while ever since I was a kid/ teenager but quit in Wod/Legion.
    Now, the problem is that I don't have time to play video games at all unless it's an hour per day I'd say, making it 7h/w.
    My problem is that I'm a shallow person. Each expansion had me coming just to get the thing that was announced to be removed (Challenge mode, ring, cape, etc.), henceforth my problem.
    Would it be possible to come now, play an hour per day and be able to get all the artefact appearances only on one character?
    I'm not talking about every since colour variation that's ever been conceived or even on an alt. Just three specs, every model on each by the end of the expansion, no question asked.
    There's nothing redeemable or justifiable about this fact, to buy an expansion and game time just for some skins.
    I get that.
    Every time I look or think about them, I just feel bad knowing that I may one-time return to the game and I missed the chance to get them.
    So, I guess, my question is, will I be able if let's say I buy the game tomorrow and I play 1h per day to get on one character all three specs with all appearances even If I don't have the time to grind?

TL;DR One shallow man, one hour per day, one character, three specs, all artifact appearances even with basic colours.
    Also, is it worth it? :P

Well, you don't need to get them all now or during Legion. As far as I know you can get all artifact appearances in the next expansion as well because Blizzard won't remove them / their achievements.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sekov View Post
    TL;DR One shallow man, one hour per day, one character, three specs, all artifact appearances even with basic colours.
    Also, is it worth it? :P[/LEFT][/COLOR][/SIZE]
    Worth it? Depends on you. Can you do it? Sure but it will take you months when you really only play one hour per day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Well, you don't need to get them all now or during Legion. As far as I know you can get all artifact appearances in the next expansion as well because Blizzard won't remove them / their achievements.
    I don't mind playing in other expansions or farming for them.
    The problem is that I've heard that blizzard plans to remove the transmogs for those who farm them after Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    sounds like you should work on getting more time for yourself, but you might already be on it
    at this pace you will never accomplish meaningful things in games, you can only get quick fun/entertainement

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    sounds like you should work on getting more time for yourself, but you might already be on it
    at this pace you will never accomplish meaningful things in games, you can only get quick fun/entertainement
    I am aware that I have a problem.
    I used to be an addict, playing 16 hours a day and something even skipping school, high school, running away from responsibilities and trying to get as much time as possible.
    Now I can't do that anymore unless I want to starve and be in debt for college, but I just.
    I can't help it but feel bad knowing that I'm going to lose that chance.
    There's just not enough time and I've tried quitting playing games for so long.
    But this one time I checked the legion trailer and saw them in videos, I can't explain but I just wanted them.
    And the thing is that I've never felt that ever before at any game I've seen, not even once.
    I felt content just watching videos or sometimes just looking at people play them, but for this.

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to be an addict, playing 16 hours a day and something even skipping school, high school, running away from responsibilities and trying to get as much time as possible.
    Now I can't do that anymore unless I want to starve and be in debt for college, but I just.
    But this one time I checked the legion trailer and saw them in videos, I can't explain but I just wanted them.
    And the thing is that I've never felt that ever before at any game I've seen, not even once.
    I felt content just watching videos or sometimes just looking at people play them, but for this.
    it's normal to want them, but unfortunately you're born with an addictive behaviour, I believe you can put up some restrictions on your account, you must understand that you must contribute to society by helping or creating, which is why working well at school is mandatory, else you will regret your existence, which is a far worse thing than losing game time. so deal with your real life and work in order to have free time, and stick to your schedules.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, many are going to be too hard to do for a casual player. I'm not sure if they plan to continue them after 8.0 since apparently, we lose the weapons.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Deleted
    I don't have an addictive personality anymore, I've been able to control myself for the longest period in my life.
    Thanks though, this is what I wanted to know, I can't get them.
    I understand.

Deleted
    Can we please complain about Blizzard's choice regarding the appearances?

Unlocking them all might be possible in one character (if you have the time prestige and other skin variations requires), but what about ur alts? Like seriously I feel bad for all newbies and returning players in the future who might even quit the game due to having these amazing appearances locked (like CM MoP and WoD mogs).

If they want players to brag about their accomplishment later, showing that they put time and effort in Legion, then they can simple reward them an epic title or mount for unlocking all appearances in one character.

Or AT LEAST, they could only lock the challenge mage appearances instead of all the other appearances, especially the PvP ones that takes so damn much time.

If they wanna lock the PvP ones as well, they could simply make it so that prestige rewards get account bound.

Note: not saying they should make prestige account wide or nerf the prestige leveling but rather that the rewards (at least the appearances) get account bound.
    Last edited by mmoccea68bd2bd; 2017-07-27 at 08:35 AM.

I think you can get all of them..
    - One just requires you to finish your class hall quest line
    - One just require to finish the quest line balance of Power, that now is easy, I made it in 3-4 weeks (3-4 resets of mytic dungeons and normal raid easily puggable)
    - The hidden aspect depends on your class, some are easy, some are only about luck, some require rep, and this might be a problem. But you have to just unlock ONE on your char, whatever spec, and if you unlock the 20 dungeon, 100 world quest or 1000 pvp kill, that color will be unlocked on all specs)
    - the challenge requires gear.. About 900, that is easily reachable by now. And if you talk about all expansion, I think will be even more easy in 7.3
    - the last one requires Prestige lvl 2.. This is the most time consuming one.. You can do all pvp world quests, which helps.. But maybe this one will eat most of your time

You can do it. Go for it!
    Last edited by Kendevis; 2017-07-27 at 08:41 AM.

Nothing of what Blizzard have stated points towards them being farmable for the expansion and then removed, like the CM weapons and gear.

What they have said is that the appearances will be farmable for a while after Legion and will be usable for a while after, hinting that they won't be permanent transmogs. Obviously this might change, I imagine that there might be a big backlash from all the people who had farmed hard for the appearances.

Most likely nothing is set in stone, but again, Blizz hasn't stated anywhere that they will treat apprearances like CM items, so setting out on a huge time consuming adventure to farm them for that reason might not be the most worthwhile thing one can do.

Deleted
    Ask yourself the real question. Why do you want them? Why do you have an itch to want them?

You don't need wow. You don't need games. This game just has a hold on many of us since vanilla and its hard to let go. Think about the last time you got a mount in game.

It never makes you happy getting these things. You just build a sense of relief that you HAVE IT because it was a temporary timed item, nothing more.

You honestly don't want these items. You just want them because they might go away forever and you will never get it again.

Stay away from mobile games also.

I think it is way past time that Blizzard gives us a definitive answer as to what happens to them (if not story wise at least for transmog).
    Ideally for the less "prestigious" appearances (basic, upgraded and hidden), it could be have the first of the row unlock on one character to unlock them on all classes.
    For the PVP, you need to have reach max prestige on at least one character to unlock it for all. For Balance of Power & Mage Tower, I don't know. To keep them rare, maybe if a character have unlocked all the row, and the alt have at least the first one, then unlock all the row for this alt.
    Something like that. Or other, but they need to let us know soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deldramar View Post
    Imo, if they unlocked it on a character during the expansion, they can use it for the class. Nothing more, nothing less.
    That's a valid opinion, and I would agree with it if it didn't simply make it impossible to unlock them on all classes. For the MOP & WOD challenges, it is okay, because even if it wasn't easy and probably tedious, one could do them on multiple classes. Artifact are another story. The PvP only are impossible to collect for all 12 classes (and they are gorgious on most). So yeah, I understand your view, but I don't think it is fair in this situation. My opinion, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Deldramar View Post
    Imo, if they unlocked it on a character during the expansion, they can use it for the class. Nothing more, nothing less.
    gl getting top prestige on all classes even if you really try your very best

Quote Originally Posted by marva View Post
    I think you can get all of them..
    - One just requires you to finish your class hall quest line
    - One just require to finish the quest line balance of Power, that now is easy, I made it in 3-4 weeks (3-4 resets of mytic dungeons and normal raid easily puggable)
    - The hidden aspect depends on your class, some are easy, some are only about luck, some require rep, and this might be a problem. But you have to just unlock ONE on your char, whatever spec, and if you unlock the 20 dungeon, 100 world quest or 1000 pvp kill, that color will be unlocked on all specs)
    - the challenge requires gear.. About 900, that is easily reachable by now. And if you talk about all expansion, I think will be even more easy in 7.3
    - the last one requires Prestige lvl 2.. This is the most time consuming one.. You can do all pvp world quests, which helps.. But maybe this one will eat most of your time

You can do it. Go for it!
    ^this! Noone holds you back but yourself.

Deleted
    I don't have an addictive personality anymore, I've been able to control myself for the longest period in my life.
    Thanks though, this is what I wanted to know, I can't get them.
    I understand.
    You can get 90% of them easily.

The base one and color, very easy.

The upgraded base one and colors, very easy, a bit more slow the archeology color.

The balance of power one: you need to do already "old" raid. You can pug them in like 30 minute. For colors, can take a while

Secret one: nothing hard, some class is a bit slower to get. Colors very easy to obtain.

Challenge quest: this is hard, but if you will come back at end of the expansion, you will probably be able to overgear them, or at least made them easy. Colors can be quite slow/hard to obtain.

PvP one: this is the most tricky. The "basic" form and color is a bit of PvP grind, but doable. For others color, well, i hope you really really like PvP XD

TLDR: even with 1 hour per day, you will be able to the end of expac to get the most of artifact variants and color, minus PvP one.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    I doubt Artifact appearances are going to be removed.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KronosIII View Post
    You honestly don't want these items. You just want them because they might go away forever and you will never get it again.

Stay away from mobile games also.
    My phone model is way too old anyway and I don't use it for anything else other than talking.
    I know I don't need them, nor skin or pets or anything other than the expansion to play the game, trust me, I tried rationalising this for a while now.
    Even to the point where I couldn't control myself and bought legion, with enough luck to refund it immediately after, thanks to the blizzard support team.

Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post
    TLDR: even with 1 hour per day, you will be able to the end of expac to get the most of artifact variants and color, minus PvP one.
    I'm okay with that, from the timeline of expansions, if they announce the next expansion, perhaps I'd have at least a year to farm them.
    Still, I'm on the verge of deciding whenever or not to do it just for that alone.
    I don't want to get to the point of just coming back for an item in wow, or a portrait in Starcraft, a portrait in Diablo or anything else in other games just because they're limited.
    Same happened when I missed HOUWAR in TF2 and felt like shit, I couldn't afford to do that, I moved on.
    But this time it's different.

Also, is it worth it? :P
    I'll answer your first question... first.

If you do nothing but dedicate all of your time per week toward acquiring artifact skins, yes, I believe it's possible. If your queue times aren't really long, then you may be able to net two wings per day. The quests that lead to Balance of Power, which rewards the Improving on History achievement, all have catch-up mechanics tied to them now. For example, I looted 24 Corrupted Essences in one full run through The Emerald Nightmare (heroic difficulty). From there, you can unlock a PvP skin by reaching level 50 in Prestige 1. Again, if queue times aren't ridiculous, then you could probably net two battlegrounds/hour. If you win, then that should be enough to gain you some experience toward an honor level (or an entire level if you're low honor level.) Your hidden artifact skin could be easier than others depending on which class (and spec) that you pick. For example, brewmaster monks and restoration druids use an advancement in the order hall to acquire their hidden skins, while holy paladins have to kill demons on the Broken Isles.

I think it's worth it, yes, as artifact weapons go away after this expansion (patch 8.0.) The skins can be used for transmogrification, but only if you acquire them during Legion.
    Last edited by Vorecien; 2017-07-27 at 03:17 PM. Reason: Added a note about artifact weapons and their skins
    "Hope can turn into despair in a heartbeat."
    R.I.P Chester Bennington 1976-2017