Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    It's never too late, but people have to understand that the games been around for awhile, so they may run into some unobtainable things - although, Blizz is doing a decent job of putting a lot of stuff back in through things like the black market AH.. anyway

As for the death of wow, I foresee it hitting the 20 year mark before they start pulling major people off the game. It will be officially 13 years old this Nov, and again 7 more years isn't as long as some people think. They may just keep the game on perm life support at that point for another decade-who knows. I highly doubt we will see any game as successful for probably a 20-50 years.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Yeah sorry but you have no concrete metric on either subs of both games.

WoW doesn't release it's sub numbers anymore and FF14 never has. Only thing FF14 has done is that marketing gimmick of "over 6 million players worldwide".

A blue post said legion is similar to WOD sub numbers, Which is a bad sign. I think 7.2 made many people upset maybe.

It's never late to start WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by KronosIII View Post
    A blue post said legion is similar to WOD sub numbers, Which is a bad sign. I think 7.2 made many people upset maybe.
    Considering there are games without a sub that survive on less players. WoW is fine. WoW could easily survive on 500k or less subs because of the sheer amount of profit Blizzard make.

Guild Wars 2 for example. And it's cash shop is pure cosmetic. With the XP boosters that are not needed since levelling is a breeze anyway.

I doubt it. Odds are if you start and are truly fresh to WoW most of the negitive shit people complain about wouldn't be to apparent to you until the game has run its course in your own mind. Which every game does. Then its just down to what every game in your life has come down to. Is it good enough to you to continue on with or not. I mean I still have NES games I played when I was a kid in 1985. A good game is a good game as long as you can keep a personal perspective and aren't posioned by internet hoops.

Of course it's not too late. Go ahead, the journey to max level is fantastic!

Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    who spends entirely too much time on a site dedicated to a game he hates whining about an expansion he doesn't play.
    I love legion,stop lying.

none of those will put a huge dent in wow long term.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    5 million subs (if I go for the lower end) is "a bad sign"? When MMos are still out there and work with 500k and less?
    And to be honest there are only 2 big MMOs with a sub.

WoW and FF14.

FF11 still has a sub but that has like 5k or less players.

Look at all the MMOs that came along after WoW that people hyped up as "wow killers"

Wildstar, Black Desert, Rift, GW2, FF14, ESO, SWTOR and god knows what else. None of them even dented WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    I love legion,stop lying.
    You are a Jaylock wannabe.
    Beta Club Brosquad

if you like levelling and taking it slow, you can make it last weeks or longer. My wife loves that. I don't like questing.

If you want to get to max level ASAP, get some boosts or farm dungeons or be efficient and only do quick quests, and it can be much quicker. There are ways.

If you wait maybe another 6 months, when the next expansion goes up for early sale, you will get a free character boost to max level.

In terms of the life span of the game, it will be around for ages yet. Don't worry about that at all. You wont be wasting your money.

They said Legion was similar to WoD launch, which was a huge spike.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Not at all bro, you can start play with a lvl 100 char and see all the new staff of legion, or lvl up a lvl 1 char, both experiences are great, and fun, Legion will have another year of life, the we will have the new expac, so start now, learn how to play, learn about the game (and the history, wich is awesome), and enjoy it.

WoW might wind down a bit but I don't see it "dying" any time soon. There's always time to start, although the amount of back content in the game is monumental at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    If im not mistaken your buying of a new LEGION account comes with a free 100 level boost! My opinion is that ofcourse its not too late,just be sure you make good use of the level boost and be sure which class it would be. There are trials characters,use them. Also alot of videos on youtube about "what class to play". Since you are new focus on what you like and ignore what's the best dps,since that changes from month to month anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    5 million subs (if I go for the lower end) is "a bad sign"? When MMos are still out there and work with 500k and less?

Considering sub numbers are normally correlated to quality.With WOD being the worst expac and having no content. And 7.2 bringing the broken shore and 1 horrible gather or kill these mobs every week it is expected.

7.2 is maybe as underwhelming as the selfie...no I can't honestly say its as bad as the selfie cam update. But its bad.

Considering sub numbers are normally correlated to quality.With WOD being the worst expac and having no content. And 7.2 bringing the broken shore and 1 horrible gather or kill these mobs every week it is expected.

7.2 is maybe as underwhelming as the selfie...no I can't honestly say its as bad as the selfie cam update. But its bad.
    Subjective. I liked 7.2 and 7.2.5.

And again WoW could have less than 1 million subs. It wouldn't change a thing. Other games with and without the sub model have proven they can sustain themselves fine on way less than what WoW has ever had.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    They said Legion was similar to WoD launch, which was a huge spike.

It was comparing it to the time frame it was released. Which was not launch. They did post sub numbers on launch earlier.

Definitely not too late. Don't use the boost though unless you're a seasoned MMO player and just want to reach end game. Otherwise start from level 1 and enjoy the leveling experience. So much content you'll miss out on if you use the boost.

Don't worry about WoW dying. That aint happening soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightcrwler View Post
    Definitely not too late. Don't use the boost though unless you're a seasoned MMO player and just want to reach end game. Otherwise start from level 1 and enjoy the leveling experience. So much content you'll miss out on if you use the boost.

Don't worry about WoW dying. That aint happening soon.
    You sure? Because a lot of people on this forum seem to say it is....