Gift Computer Build

Hello. I recently acquired some computer parts for free (no case). They're not the newest but they were free and come from an old gamer friend of mine. He said he had a gtx 970 in it and could run basically any game he threw at it but a 970 is currently out of my price range.

I was thinking of making a cheap build out of it for my girlfriend and maybe get back into WoW with her (We haven't played in 2 years). I was hoping to get recommendations as to what other parts to put together. We are thinking of getting brand new builds in 2-3 years so It doesn't need to be fancy and if possible I'd like to keep it around the $300-$500 range or so, since it will be used mostly to watch movies, play WoW, Half Life 2, Hearthstone, among other lesser games. She currently has a really old HP laptop that is being held together with duck tape and a prayer.

Here is what I have so far:

Intel Core i5 3570K 3.4 GHz
    Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
    Asus P8B75-V ATX Motherboard
    G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3-1600 CL10

Here's a link (with a space in the middle so it'll let me post): pcpartpicker. com/list/x3MWqk. The parts marked as Purchased are the ones that I got from my friend. I am not looking to replace these parts.

Thank you!!

PS: Somehow I deleted my original post. I apologize. I fixed the link here, tho!

Quote Originally Posted by Kahl View Post
    Hello. I recently acquired some computer parts for free (no case). They're not the newest but they were free and come from an old gamer friend of mine. He said he had a gtx 970 in it and could run basically any game he threw at it but a 970 is currently out of my price range.

I was thinking of making a cheap build out of it for my girlfriend and maybe get back into WoW with her (We haven't played in 2 years). I was hoping to get recommendations as to what other parts to put together. We are thinking of getting brand new builds in 2-3 years so It doesn't need to be fancy and if possible I'd like to keep it around the $300-$500 range or so, since it will be used mostly to watch movies, play WoW, Half Life 2, Hearthstone, among other lesser games. She currently has a really old HP laptop that is being held together with duck tape and a prayer.

Here is what I have so far:

Intel Core i5 3570K 3.4 GHz
    Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
    Asus P8B75-V ATX Motherboard
    G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3-1600 CL10

Here's a link (with a space in the middle so it'll let me post): pcpartpicker. com/list/x3MWqk. The parts marked as Purchased are the ones that I got from my friend. I am not looking to replace these parts.

Thank you!!

PS: Somehow I deleted my original post. I apologize. I fixed the link here, tho!
    Grab at least a 500W psu EVGA 500B should be good (40$) then grab a GTX 1050Ti ($150) 1TB hard drive ($50) 120Gb SSD ($60) and throw in a decent case for 30-80$. If you have extra money, work on getting a 250 SSD or a high wattage PSU no higher than 650 (so you can reuse it in the new build in 2-3 years)

Quote Originally Posted by teamkiller View Post
    Grab at least a 500W psu EVGA 500B should be good (40$) then grab a GTX 1050Ti ($150) 1TB hard drive ($50) 120Gb SSD ($60) and throw in a decent case for 30-80$. If you have extra money, work on getting a 250 SSD or a high wattage PSU no higher than 650 (so you can reuse it in the new build in 2-3 years)
    Thank you so much! I was trying to decide between a 960 and a 1050Ti. Any recommendations for a cheap 1080 monitor?

Thank you so much! I was trying to decide between a 960 and a 1050Ti. Any recommendations for a cheap 1080 monitor?
    Maybe https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...82E16824236102

Im not very informed on monitors. I believe as "cheap" monitors go, you can just look at reviews on monitors in your price range. Once you get into the few hundred dollar range, suggestions really start to shine. Maybe someone will come in witha better suggestion. But i believe that should work for you.

Thank you for your help. That one looks good. I'm looking around for cases too. The expensive ones are great and have everything. But I have to be picky for the cheaper ones, to see what features I'm okay giving up and which I'm not. Maybe I should wait until Black Friday =\

Thank you for your help. That one looks good. I'm looking around for cases too. The expensive ones are great and have everything. But I have to be picky for the cheaper ones, to see what features I'm okay giving up and which I'm not. Maybe I should wait until Black Friday =\
    Only recommendation i have for cases. Have a fan intake in the front and have a rear fan exhaust. Then go for looks. Most cases unless theyre super super cheaply made will get the job done!