Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    What kind of crazy messed up world do we live in where biker gangs have been replaced by moped gangs

Also as someone who rides a sports bike I cringe at the thought of riding a moped, not just because they look silly but the thought of trying to balance yourself taking corners while in a chair sitting position is strange to me. Also trying to accelerate while extremely back heavy instead of your weight foreword on a real motorcycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Peebuddy View Post
    What kind of crazy messed up world do we live in where biker gangs have been replaced by moped gangs

Also as someone who rides a sports bike I cringe at the thought of riding a moped, not just because they look silly but the thought of trying to balance yourself taking corners while in a chair sitting position is strange to me. Also trying to accelerate while extremely back heavy instead of your weight foreword on a real motorcycle.
    So doing a bit of googling it seems the younger crowed does the mopeds, probably laws and money restricting them as minors. The older crowd in these "gangs" are not rocking mopeds.

Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post
    So doing a bit of googling it seems the younger crowed does the mopeds, probably laws and money restricting them as minors. The older crowd in these "gangs" are not rocking mopeds.
    Those cunts in that video are fucking dangerous to other road users. Not wearing protective gear riding a high powered crotch rocket is just insane. It should be a legal requirement to wear protective gear just as it is to wear a seat belt.

One thing that really annoys me as a car driver is how bike riders seem to be oblivious to other road users at times, not all of them ofcourse, but a vast majority I've come across seem to be dangerous as fuck. I had one the other day coming back from hospital after my infusions who cut me up on the OUTSIDE lane to move to the INSIDE lane on the roundabout and almost hit my car. I'll post a pic to show what I mean.

For Americans out there who have no idea what a roundbout is, or how they work. I'm the solid blue line. Idiot is biker in red solid line. The fades red lines are what he is meant to do.

He then shouted at me telling me I should have given way O.o
    Erm, under which law or section of the highway code is that under? I wasn't aware I was meant to give way to bikers being in wrong lane and then crossing into my path, silly me....
    Best thing about it is I would have presumed to have been at fault, which is fucking stupid. Presumed liability needs to fuck off. I quote:

'Presumed liability' (often referred to as 'strict liability') is an element of civil law that, in crashes involving vulnerable road users, finds the more powerful road user liable by default, unless it can be clearly proven that the vulnerable road user was at fault. This applies to all types of collisions.
    So IF there was a collision, I would have been at fault. This is why I argue that front AND back cameras NEED to be installed in all road going powered vehicles. It needs to be a requirement to get insurance, and be hard wired to the cars electrical system. Make it an offence to not hand it over in a collision, as all dash cams save any footage in a collision. Why should I have been responsible if that idiot crashed into me and injured himself?

Deleted
    Scooters are easier to use and suited to the city. Smaller turning circle, no need to swing your leg over to get on or off or mess around with clutches and gears.
    Plus they've always been in and out of fashion with the youths here.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    For Americans out there who have no idea what a roundbout is, or how they work. I'm the solid blue line. Idiot is biker in red solid line. The fades red lines are what he is meant to do.
    American's know what a roundabout is, but for whatever reason most cities and towns prefer us to blow stop signs for the insta-death. I lived in Indiana for a while, they used the fuck outta roundabouts.

American's know what a roundabout is, but for whatever reason most cities and towns prefer us to blow stop signs for the insta-death. I lived in Indiana for a while, they used the fuck outta roundabouts.
    Our roundabouts are a shit show, normally too small of a circle leading to not enough room when needing to merge to a lane, going from the first right to say the third, etc. The Euro ones I've seen tend to be larger. I'd rather a 4 way in the US all day long, especially with our vehicle size, seeing people fuck with these in full size suburbans, hummers etc is always a blast as the can barely keep it between the lines to begin with.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Then I apologize. I'd always believed America used that weird ass clovers for everything that a simple roundabout would work fine for :P

Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    Our roundabouts are a shit show, normally too small of a circle leading to not enough room when needing to merge to a lane, going from the first right to say the third, etc. The Euro ones I've seen tend to be larger. I'd rather a 4 way in the US all day long, especially with our vehicle size, seeing people fuck with these in full size suburbans, hummers etc is always a blast as the can barely keep it between the lines to begin with.
    Only thing about four way stops, is no body knows how to fucking use them... Kind of sad really.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I wouldn't worry about it.

Small potatoes versus the overall trend. Also the UK has about 1/4 the homicide rate of the US.
    The reported crime rate is falling. Unreported crime is any one's guess.

My generation don't trust the police. My parents generation did. It have to be a very extreme situation for me to phone the police. The younger generation do not trust them at all and mostly see them as another gang.

There's widespread awareness that things like rape rarely result in convictions and for that reason women (and men for that matter) don't go through an often painful and humiliating process. This did not use to be the case.

Additionally there are fewer police because of austerity to report crime: and as for cybercrime forget it, the police are utterly useless.

The one unambigous positive is that there is generally less serious violent crime and this does not seem to be reportage bias. Mostly this is down to the fact that online crime is more profitable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    London is hardly a British city anymore.

Between the rich Russians and Arabs living on one side and the poor immigrants living on the other, gangs are eventually going to play an increasingly bigger role in London.
    Do you have to insert your racist crap into every fucking thread?

"I witnessed the aftermath of the attack in north London from an open window of a restaurant a few yards away. I heard the woman's scream and saw her on the floor, but by the time I'd dialled 999 the two robbers had sped off."

HAHAHA wtf kind of limpwrist pussy sees a pregnant woman knocked to the ground and decides to dial the police as his first thought? Literally a few yards away and didnt get up to knock this asshole out. NVM, just saw the part about "through a window". But for real, no one jumped this guy?
    Last edited by ellieg; 2017-08-04 at 12:10 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    "I witnessed the aftermath of the attack in north London from an open window of a restaurant a few yards away. I heard the woman's scream and saw her on the floor, but by the time I'd dialled 999 the two robbers had sped off."

HAHAHA wtf kind of limpwrist pussy sees a pregnant woman knocked to the ground and decides to dial the police as his first thought? Literally a few yards away and didnt get up to knock this asshole out. NVM, just saw the part about "through a window". But for real, no one jumped this guy?
    They were on a moped.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G65pvuTFR_A

The only important roundabout.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    Then I apologize. I'd always believed America used that weird ass clovers for everything that a simple roundabout would work fine for :P
    Round a bouts are awful in high traffic areas, so we have traffic lights and turn lanes or jug handles. NJ has a lot of traffic circles, but they tend to be much larger than uk roundabouts. The biggest difference I've noticed is that generally the UK gives the right of way to people established in the circle. While the law in NJ is written that people in the circle have the right of way, often there will be signage in some circles making motorists yield to entering traffic.

I came here as a moped enthusiast to point out that these were scooters not mopeds haha. europe/uk calls scooters mopeds, and in the US most people don't know the difference either, and in fact mopeds are pretty uncommon in the UK. Mopeds became popular in the 70s as a round about way to have a motorcycle without the license because pedals and small engines. Some mopeds are just small motorcycles with (useless) pedals. refer to this shitty flowchart below.

Last edited by Ornerybear; 2017-08-09 at 05:03 PM.

And when they pick the wrong person, or get run over by a would-be victim in a car, the news will be about how these poor misunderstood criminals are being abused by mob rule vigilantes.