Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    No, what im saying is that you are wrong. There was no danger and there wont be. How many time do they need to have this vote and i need to repeat the same thing lol. For the next 4 years?
    So lets say McCain gets replaced..what then?

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    So lets say McCain gets replaced..what then?
    Mabye when the votes fails 2 more times, you will be able to sleep again i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    No, what im saying is that you are wrong. There was no danger and there wont be. How many time do they need to have this vote and i need to repeat the same thing lol. For the next 4 years?
    And I'm saying you have zero basis for this conclusion. If McCain had died before this vote, his replacement almost certainly would have been a Yes and it would have passed. If McCain dies before a certain time limit - some time in September, I think - they will redo the vote and it will pass. There's one Democrat Senator in NH that won by about a thousand votes; if those votes had gone the other way, this bill would have passed. Republicans have been trying eight years to repeal the ACA regardless of who it hurt. There is no reason to assume that, if McCain were still worried about being elected again, he still would have been a no.

What, exactly, is the basis for this belief of yours that Republicans will never do something that hurts people?

Dying people do crazy things.
    They have nothing to loss.

In fact, they want to bring other people down with them.
    Last edited by xenogear3; 2017-07-30 at 11:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    Dying people do crazy things.
    They have nothing to loss.

In fact, they want to bring other people down with them.
    Then wouldn't he have voted yes on a bill that would harm millions? You're not making much sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Then wouldn't he have voted yes on a bill that would harm millions? You're not making much sense.
    You know this bill helps a few people, but raise the healthcare cost to all 300 million US citizens. Right?

People who elected him want him to repeal it.
    But he doesn't.

This guy is worse than Trump.
    At least Trump promises to repeal, and tried.
    Last edited by xenogear3; 2017-07-30 at 11:26 AM.

You know this bill helps a few people, but raise the healthcare cost to all 300 million US citizens. Right?

People who elected him want him to repeal it.
    But he doesn't.

This guy is worse than Trump.
    Insurance costs were rising every year before the ACA too. The ACA didn't cause insurance costs to go up. It's not like insurance was flatlined and then shot up after the ACA.

The skinny repeal would absolutely devastate the insurance market in Arizona. That's why McCain voted no.

And Trump didn't try shit. He promised a healthcare plan that would get everyone covered, be cheaper for the government, and be paid for by the government. The only thing that fits that is single payer, which is not remotely what the GoP proposed.
    Last edited by Wyrt; 2017-07-30 at 11:32 AM.

Yep I'm sure it took a lot of effort from him sending few threatening tweets and phone calls while waiting with pen in hand siting on his ass in oval office WAKE UP, outside talking he doesn't do much...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    And replacing it with something better.
    I honestly don't think it needs to be replaced, just repealed and have the regulations dialed back.

The ACA needs work, there is no getting around it. Thing is it can be fixed, hell the republicans could fix it, and tout it as a huge win because they fixed it, but it's unlikely they will.

And Trump would never support fixing it because of it's nickname of 'Obamacare', his ego will not let that stand.

7+ Year Old Account
    ITT: RINO is as RINO does. News at 11.

Quote Originally Posted by Casterbridge View Post
    The ACA needs work, there is no getting around it. Thing is it can be fixed, hell the republicans could fix it, and tout it as a huge win because they fixed it, but it's unlikely they will.
    Meh, I'm not sure it really can be fixed though. It's so huge and bloated, and there are so many vested interests involved... heck, there's a reason why some right-wing people believe it was designed to fail so as to force a single-payer system onto the USA.

In addition, an awful lot of the Republican base wants it gone, period. So even supposing that it could be fixed, it's not really politically viable.

Quote Originally Posted by Casterbridge View Post
    And Trump would never support fixing it because of it's nickname of 'Obamacare', his ego will not let that stand.
    The fixed version would be called Trumpcare though, so I'm not sure this follows.
    Still not tired of winning.