Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    [QUOTE=Soulwell;46813618]It isn't competitive. Also gs is straight aids because of all the movement and targeted abilities. If you actually got to stand still and dps while reliably getting bf procs it wouldn't be half bad. But casting a spell that long that frequently is awful and when it doesn't crit it brings a tear to my eye.

Do we play the same class? Because last I checked I can cast while I move or blink as a mage. And with the T19 2 piece getting enough BF procs isn't much of an issue.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nerfproof View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwell View Post
    It isn't competitive. Also gs is straight aids because of all the movement and targeted abilities. If you actually got to stand still and dps while reliably getting bf procs it wouldn't be half bad. But casting a spell that long that frequently is awful and when it doesn't crit it brings a tear to my eye.
    Do we play the same class? Because last I checked I can cast while I move or blink as a mage. And with the T19 2 piece getting enough BF procs isn't much of an issue.
    I don't even have the set bonus and Brain Freeze droughts aren't anywhere near the issue it's made out to be (Also only one Clarity of Thought relic).

10+ Year Old Account
    It isn't competitive. Also gs is straight aids because of all the movement and targeted abilities. If you actually got to stand still and dps while reliably getting bf procs it wouldn't be half bad. But casting a spell that long that frequently is awful and when it doesn't crit it brings a tear to my eye.
    It's funny to me because i get "fire is not a competitive spec" from all frost mages i meet. And they struggle to out-dps me and use excuses like "duh, the only reason i didn't beat you was because i died!", like it's an excuse that you want to announce to everyone in raid...

If you can make this work - it is competitive. If you can compete with other mages using this spec - it is competitive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by kheath812 View Post
    worse is not competitive.
    Technically, that eliminates the entire company AMD from the tech forums, but I digress.

Reason I'm considering GS is I have helm/shard but no bracer/shard.

- - - Updated - - -

They removed the old talent tree to simplify they game. It didn't hurt that "elitist" players were having to zone out and get summon every boss to optimize damage. I can agree it was rather annoying for both parties involved.
    You should try fire with the bracers, if you hate GS that much, I've got a fresh hell for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Edited to add: They really need to nerf t19 set bonus and bake part of it in, because fuck 8-10 pieces of required gear, and fuck having to wear a "bis" shit lego because you don't want to break up last tier's set bonus.

Mythic raiders tend to stay away from GS for a few reasons.
    Less dps output than TV even in the best of situations.
    Highly dependant on brain freeze procs (and window) to shatter GS.
    Less mobility than TV.

I tried out GS a few times in mythic content. Gave up on it in the end when situations occured like not getting a brain freeze proc for over 25 frostbolt casts or when you finally do have one that GS gets interupted multiple times in a row by mechanics. The window to shatter GS in mythic with brain freeze is quite small. I take my hat off to any mage attempting GS on a fight like mythic Mistress.