Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    I don't quite get the point of that anti knife law. Knives are everywhere anyway. If you can't buy one you can just raid your parents kitchen drawers. If it can slice through a pork loin it can be used as a weapon.

Was a bunch of populist politicians pandering to some hysteria/media frenzy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Najnaj View Post
    I don't quite get the point of that anti knife law. Knives are everywhere anyway. If you can't buy one you can just raid your parents kitchen drawers. If it can slice through a pork loin it can be used as a weapon.

Was a bunch of populist politicians pandering to some hysteria/media frenzy.
    Why is it illegal to sell alcohol to children when they can easily get it at home

10+ Year Old Account
    As many others have already pointed out, many of us got knives as gifts long before the age of thirteen, it is fairly common and i really do not get the big deal about it

Another strange concept, how about parents control and teach their children about knives. If your kid manages to buy a knife alright you can't stop that, if you don't notice them bringing it home, is that really the store owner fault?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    As many others have already pointed out, many of us got knives as gifts long before the age of thirteen, it is fairly common and i really do not get the big deal about it

Another strange concept, how about parents control and teach their children about knives. If your kid manages to buy a knife alright you can't stop that, if you don't notice them bringing it home, is that really the store owner fault?
    Gifts aren't illegal

I feel like we're going around in circles... The issue is retailers breaking the law for profit and potentially endangering others. It isn't about knife ownership

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Gifts aren't illegal

I feel like we're going around in circles... The issue is retailers breaking the law for profit and potentially endangering others. It isn't about knife ownership
    I find the law to be rather silly to begin with, you don't let children cut food with plastic knives age anymore. If a kid wants to go out and harm another or play with a knife where other kids are present he can open a kitchen drawer et voila, there's you're dangerous situation.

The problem remains with the parents or whoever is responsible for them teaching them sensibly about such things. Since they can harm themselves and others with plenty of things that are easily available. Going after the store owner for them creating dangerous situations is like complaining the floor is littered while the roof is about to fall on your head, neglectable.

Knives don't kill people, blood loss and shock kill people.