Thread: BG Leveling

Deleted

BG Leveling

This may seem a weird thing to ask but i wanted to no if leveling via BGS is viable and if so what is a fun class to play and then carry on at 110 in pvp.
    i have a friend healer and a friend who is going hunter.

Any advice thanks,

It's hit and miss. but I wouldn't use it completely independantly

Heirlooms - they work for you and against you. You go against other people with them, you're on a level playing field. Majority of the enemy has them and majority of yours dont? screwed

Winning battlegrounds provides a decent chunk of experience, but later levels I believe its 1 bar of exp? could be wrong. Losing is less. Also if you get a AV or IoC that can take way longer than the exp is worth.

When I level, I que for dungeons and battlegrounds at the same time, one procs first, then the next one is ready when I leave.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    It's hit and miss. but I wouldn't use it completely independantly

Heirlooms - they work for you and against you. You go against other people with them, you're on a level playing field. Majority of the enemy has them and majority of yours dont? screwed

Winning battlegrounds provides a decent chunk of experience, but later levels I believe its 1 bar of exp? could be wrong. Losing is less. Also if you get a AV or IoC that can take way longer than the exp is worth.

When I level, I que for dungeons and battlegrounds at the same time, one procs first, then the next one is ready when I leave.
    I thought that gear was useless in BGS as everyone stats where more or less equal now ?

Deleted
    BG queues are extremely long (15-30 mins in many lower brackets) which makes the process frustrating and slow.
    BG's also don't reward that much XP.

I did level a boomkin from 100-110 by just doing PVP, which was something I would do whenever I was bored on my main.
    Missed all the important quests for my artefact and class hall, which was a sour surprise at 110.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post

I thought pvp <110 scaled to a preset template where everyone's the same, and not the itemlevel scaling we get at 110.

There's 2 heirlooms that increase exp from battlegrounds by 50% each, on top of regular heirlooms.

I don't have those 2 battleground trinkets so I can't tell my experience with them however.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    I thought pvp <110 scaled to a preset template where everyone's the same, and not the itemlevel scaling we get at 110.

There's 2 heirlooms that increase exp from battlegrounds by 50% each, on top of regular heirlooms.

I don't have those 2 battleground trinkets so I can't tell my experience with them however.
    Quote Originally Posted by sceptre View Post
    I thought that gear was useless in BGS as everyone stats where more or less equal now ?
    I could be wrong, but the scaling works on a base level for each item as well as your base stats. you scale to 19-29-39 etc, but I'm pretty sure if you have level 29 gear, it'll still have an advantage over 21 being scaled up. The same goes for looms so the more looms the better.

You can still go into lowbie pvp and have a hunter one shot you if they are in looms and your not. My proof? My friends just started wow for the first time, went into a AB at the 19 range and got squashed, from their point of view its unfair and completely pointless to do.

I think it depends on what level you are. In certain brackets it might be fun, but then there are twink brackets as mentioned above. If you're at lvl 100, I would go do all the invasion world quests, they're a ton of XP if you happen to be online when they pop. Maybe do BG's otherwise? But I'm sure BG's only would be a very slow progress.
    My Ele Shaman PvP YouTube channel: https://goo.gl/s0u6Hn