Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    I was super annoyed when I saw the original holy-glowy CH crap. I've always used the deluge glyph so CH doesn't look like an adopted ability. The fixed particle color in this one is way better.

Retired Shaman
    Signature by Winter Blossom

Looks good. Thanks Blizzard.

Lovely animations indeed.

Pft what are you paladins? The new watery chain heal is amazing. Just like the live version water glyph is better than the basic one.

And people will still find ways to proclaim how "the old iconic animations were best!!!!"... even for spells where they basically used the exact same visual and cast animation as 4 other spells...

"The old ones look better!!!!" Only they don't at all. Amazing job Blizzard. But I play an Ele Shaman as an alt so I still hate Blizzard.
    The Last Starfighter

"Listen, Centauri. I'm not any of those guys, I'm a kid from a trailer park." - Alex Rogan

"If that's what you think, then that's all you'll ever be!" - Centauri

15+ Year Old Account
    Wow. I wish I had geared my shaman more!
    Mistweaver Monk | Holy Priest

15+ Year Old Account
    Gorgeous animations, nice work on the gifs too thanks for posting

that healing rain one looks really cool! wasn't sure how it would turn out

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by warlockiii View Post
    Let me break it to you, arena is not the only form of PVP. Of course, keeping track of 3 players in arenas is not a problem. Other PVP activities have a lot more going on and people to track. 3 vs 10 or 15 or sometimes even more.
    I'd agree. It's a similar thing with warlocks for example, where Destro has a big, bright green dragon pointing right back to where you are AND huge, bright green fire animation around the warlock while casting CB (one of the longest hard casts in the game); as well as the enemy that's been hit with fire spells now on fire alerting them that a Destro is targeting them, and so on.

Ele Sham too with Lightning Bolt and Chain Lightning - "hey go hit that Ele he's free casting over there."

Other specs like with hunters or Aff and Demo, Spriest (except for channeled drains), Boomie, Fire Mage, etc. don't have big neon signs screaming out that they're casting. Not even mentioning other healers who stand in the backline and go mostly unnoticed as far as graphics.

Yes it matters in BGs where there may be a crowd, or a group fight and those specs are highlighted more than others. In the heat of battle you tend to notice from peripheral vision those highlighted specs more than the others, and those specs get the most attention or first attention from the enemy.
    Last edited by Caolela; 2017-08-21 at 10:39 PM.

Great animations. This new chain heal looks amazing. Healing rain could use some more work. Old healing rain was easy to spot and new healing rain might get lost in under other effects.

As a Hpal i'm so fucking jelly.

Looks good, but I personally do not really want even more clutter on the screen, especially when its in raids. It just fills up the screen with even more stuff flying around like traffic at 5pm.

Deleted
    They kinda look like reworked mistweaver particles, especially Healing Surges beam. Im not complaing tho.

I LOVE how the new spell effects look in isolation.
    But when a raid is hectic, i do wish/prefer the older-more-visually-apparent effects.

i.e: New healing rain looks fantastic, and actually looks like a rain of heals... but in a busy raid with lots of other spell effects, it's not easy to see. (esp that I use mouseover-casting)

Ditto for chain heal, the animations look great, esp with the residual water dropping to the ground after the cast.
    But in a raid, i used to be able to easily identify which direction my Chain heal is targeting and if that person is too far out of the raid group (limiting CH-bounces), now I can't really tell if my CH is hitting a rDPS and not maximizing its bounces.

2 fights last night there were issues for me were M-Sisters and M-Mistress...(pretty much any fight with a blue floor)

Quick question. Earlier when 7.3 was on its first iterations on PTR we had a more "light-infused" version of chain heal, similar to how the old one was unglyphed (yellow beam). So I just removed my glyph on Chain Heal just to discover that the animation is gone. What purpose does that glyph serve now, if the baseline version of CH is already the watery one?

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Thanks for the gifs instead of videos. They are gorgeous and honestly has me thinking of dusting off the shaman.
    that new pvp helm and the mount they got this expansion has me wanting to boost a shaman lol

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been sad about the state of Ele so I've been thinking of switching mains but man...the new resto visuals are so great that I just might keep the Shaman and only play resto

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Errete View Post
    Quick question. Earlier when 7.3 was on its first iterations on PTR we had a more "light-infused" version of chain heal, similar to how the old one was unglyphed (yellow beam). So I just removed my glyph on Chain Heal just to discover that the animation is gone. What purpose does that glyph serve now, if the baseline version of CH is already the watery one?
    The first iteration had the wrong texture effect on it, it wasn't intended to look like that. The glyph is just out-dated now so it doesn't serve a purpose, they just haven't gotten rid of it.

Retired Shaman
    Signature by Winter Blossom

I wish they made the 'light-infused' version a glyph. I loved it, and how it conveyed the idea of 'spirit water', similar to how cleansing waters in lots of fantasy media (e.g. Avatar the Last Airbender, Zelda) is shown as glowing while also being similar to the WC3 chain heal.