Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Hmmm, I generally dislike titanforging, but not with a lot of passion. It's frustrating because trinkets are badly designed throughout the expansion, so old titanforged trinkets like the unstable arcanocrystal end up being stronger than current raid drops. But I'm not hardcore enough to actually run old content for the sake of that titanforged chance.

However, when a raid drop titanforges I tend to like it overall, even if it's not a piece for me. But that's just because I'm not gambling for extra chances, it's on raid content that I would run anyway.

I don't think the developers should try to cater the system towards the high-end mythic players, so they are probably pretty happy with titanforging. I don't have anything against hardcore players in particular, and I do some mythic content myself, but the high-end portion of the playerbase will always do whatever they can to cheat the system in their favor. Split runs aren't a feature designed by Blizzard, the players started doing it on their own accord to game a lockout system that was intended to slow them down. Blizzard doesn't want you doing split runs, but also can't stop you from doing them, and they are undeniably useful for gearing up fast. Out of WoW context, if you have a small group of people trying to rig a system in their favor, they are not the audience that you want to please when you design the system.

Deleted
    Honestly we can't remove TF now just as we can't remove tiers from LFR, due to massive outlash from the part of community that demands raider loot for watching netflix during a bossfight.

However we definitely need titanforging capped, preferably at current heroic level. This way, we won't have to deal with extreme overtuning of mythic raids and can rebalance mythic+ reward system (which is poor outside of weekly chest because you get infinite chances at mythic raid + 15 ilvl pieces that have better stat budget).

Mythic dropping loot that is always max ilvl would make tuning easier as well as give a clear bis to people that are in reach of such a goal, while still keeping the socket/tertiary treadmill to keep blizzard happy.

Edit: We definitely need a constant cap for old raids, fuck titanforged T19, fuck bloodthirsty instinct and fuck unstable arcanocrystal.
    Last edited by mmoc75ca4994a3; 2017-08-01 at 06:03 PM.

Deleted
    Casuals who doesn't raid mythic, shouldn't be rewarded with anything higher than the respective item level drop from the difficulty and said raid they're in. Nor should they have the chance to even have had the privilege to upgrade their legendaries to begin with.

This is BS!

Quote Originally Posted by Zigrifid View Post
    As i said WF/TF mechanism is ok
    Don't feel like doing napkin math here but the chance of a 885 rolling 945 is next to none. If people started to plan to win the lottery to do their finances, we would safely call them crazy. The problem exists for Mythic raiders doing heroic and normal for a chance to titanforge it, but raidfinder, it's a stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Um, no... Pretty sure I can't fault my raid team for the nature of RNG procs on gear. What, you want me to request that tier pieces proccing are traded? That they trade chest items/quest rewards?

I'm not blaming the wrong thing, the problem is in the RNG element of items from any source being able to proc up to insane differences. Period.
    then you are just bitching for the sake of bitching without making an attempt to improve your situation. I traded away two drops this week both of them titanforged. play with greedy players then don't benefit from any kind of fair loot distribuition because at the end of the day the entire game is driven by RNG. what you do after the RNG determines your overall outcome.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by Sendula View Post
    Edit: We definitely need a constant cap for old raids, fuck titanforged T19, fuck bloodthirsty instinct and fuck unstable arcanocrystal.
    Are you a hunter?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    The reason people hate titanforging as a high end player is not because it allows low end players to get high gear
    but because it makes high end players feel they have to do ALLLLLLL the content to have a chance at getting a horrible low peice of gear that will be super amazing BIS if it titan forges.

i cant remember where it was said, i think bellular, but titanforging would be better if it worked
    a piece titanforged, cool it got 50/50 and instead of 900 is now 950
    or one that drops it 25/50 and instead of 900 is now 925
    but for a non titanforged piece, it will be 900 with 0/50 and using something you earn here and there, that allows you to upgrade the items 5 ilvl at a time
    I honestly think we should reduce the number of times a piece of gear can forge to like 5. 750-775. It should be a bonus. Let us also upgrade our gear with valor again so if you get a perfectly statted piece you just upgrade it 5 times. Ir if you get lucky its already upgraded for you.

I am LITERALLY SHAKING right now

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    then you are just bitching for the sake of bitching without making an attempt to improve your situation. I traded away two drops this week both of them titanforged. play with greedy players then don't benefit from any kind of fair loot distribuition because at the end of the day the entire game is driven by RNG. what you do after the RNG determines your overall outcome.
    I think the only one bitching here for the sake of bitching, would be you. You're clearly failing to understand what has been written and how loot such as tier, chest rewards and quest rewards functions in any case. My guild is extremely fair with loot distribution with the pieces that can be traded which means that there's zero reason for me to take my complaints up with them rather than with the system.

My stance is firm, Titanforging is way out of line. Care to bitch about that a bit more?

- - - Updated - - -

That is absolutely insane... What's the base ilvl, 885-895? That guy should buy a lottery ticket.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-08-01 at 10:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by excited View Post
    You do know that this affects you too... right? You can also get fucked by the RNG that is titanforging. It's not exclusive to the hardcore of the hardcore.

I think you're in the wrong mindset, don't get me wrong you can by all means think like this but doesn't it feel a teeny tiny bit unfair that the one guildie you have that is the same spec as you, has over all the same gear as you but has majority of his BiS pieces titanforged and is doing more dps than you because TF RNG was in his favor and not yours?

Shit like that sure leaves a sour taste in my mouth.
    Uh, no. There have been, and will always be, people with better gear than I have because they were lucky. This isn't something new. It's been around as long as there have been MMOs. The stars aligned for somebody and he got something better than I may ever get. Deal with it.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Uh, no. There have been, and will always be, people with better gear than I have because they were lucky. This isn't something new. It's been around as long as there have been MMOs. The stars aligned for somebody and he got something better than I may ever get. Deal with it.
    I'm talking about the exact same items with a higher itemlevel. I'm not talking about different items, that doesn't bother me at all.

Quote Originally Posted by excited View Post
    I'm talking about the exact same items with a higher itemlevel. I'm not talking about different items, that doesn't bother me at all.
    We've had warforging in some form ever since 5.2. That's what I'm saying. It was only in Legion that the amount it could warforge has been increased. If it was changed back to its pre-Legion form would you mind it? Or is it just the matter that basically any piece can become mythic raid level if your stars align?
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Deleted
    Guess it can help gears alts quicker if you get lucky

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    We've had warforging in some form ever since 5.2. That's what I'm saying. It was only in Legion that the amount it could warforge has been increased. If it was changed back to its pre-Legion form would you mind it? Or is it just the matter that basically any piece can become mythic raid level if your stars align?
    i didn't like the MoP and WoD WF system either. You're doing heroic raids to get heroic level loot not mythic tier loot, it's a very cheap slotmachine.

(excluding M+ because that's a whole seperate system in my eyes)

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't like Titanforging because of a few simple reasons.

A) I have 945 Shoulders from Heroic. I don't deserve these! I deserve 915 gear, not 945!
    B) You, I or anyone else doesn't deserve higher gear for doing lower content, even if it is a small chance!
    C) It creates a huge grind for people wanting to perform half decently

I like the system, but I wish it capped at around HC raiding level, and not over Mythic.

Thi way the Mythic raiders wouldn't be feeling "forced" to go do lower difficulties for a chance of an upgrade. It is of course rather nice to do that WQs that rewards a stat stick trinket, and it titanforges to some insane ilvl, but I don't think it is healthy for the game.

However, I like how this have, in some way, brought back a reason to do older raids (this plus the legendary farm).
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore