Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Even if the leg was thin, the issue is that it is jammed into the back of the seat in front of him. I'm 6'2 and thin (215), and a 3-4 hour flight is pretty brutal on the knees and back.
    215 isn't thin for 6'2. Lmao. That is ridiculous.

Westbrook is 6'3 200pounds and one of the most fit athletes out there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LeRoy View Post
    I propose a fee on spamming forums with random articles from the Internet.
    These aren't random. I focus on the topics that matter bud. Don't see me posting threads about the Kardashians or the latest instagram star.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    I so desperately want to put on 40 pounds. I feel so sickly looking now that I've lost 50 pounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    The question wasn't 'how many times has an army stopped an invading enemy' it was 'how many times has it stopped another from even attempting'
    This is by definition an unanswerable question, because (again by definition) all the times it happened, well, nothing happened (because it wasn't attempted).
    One thing you can bet on, though, is that peace, especially until the rise of nationalism (and so the increased weight of people's opinion in how the nation should behave), has rarely been caused by anything but the wariness of starting hostilities that could cost the attacker more than what it benefited it, and that such cost was mainly the fighting necessary to win the war or the potential fighting that would result of the aftermath of the war.

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    I'm 6.5 235-240 lbs. Played football and baseball in college and many years in the Army. I am far from fat with clear cut washboard apps and muscular arms and legs. My doctor told me a long time ago to ignore those BMI scales because its different for most people. Those scales were made for skinny narrow day to day guy/girl next door types. if I followed that it would have me under 200lbs and would look very wrong for how im built.
    BMI works very well at a population level. At an individual level it does not work well. Its much better to use body fat %.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post

Very interesting. It seems inherently unfair for a normal sized person to pay the same as a slim person. Or a slim person to pay the same as an overweight person. Maybe it's time to add some type of surcharge based on weight?

Technology has come far enough. Fair is fair.
    We don't live in a world where fair is fair, we live in one where we're treated equally.

If we live in a fair world, someone who has 4 kids should be paying 4 times as much in taxes for schools as someone with 1 kid. A person with no kids should pay no taxes. Fair is fair right?

At the end of the day, we're talking about 1 1/2 inches less width and about 4 inches less between the seats. Yes, it might be slightly less comfortable, but I don't think we're looking at safety issue level, especially for a "normal" sized person.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Can you convert that to freedom units for me please. I don't read commie.
    You DO realize the US is one of only three countries in the world, who don't use the metric system? It's hardly "commie". We're the weird ones for not using it.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    You DO realize the US is one of only three countries in the world, who don't use the metric system? It's hardly "commie". We're the weird ones for not using it.
    cparle87 in here with the hardest whoosh of 2017

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    I'm 6.5 235-240 lbs. Played football and baseball in college and many years in the Army. I am far from fat with clear cut washboard apps and muscular arms and legs. My doctor told me a long time ago to ignore those BMI scales because its different for most people. Those scales were made for skinny narrow day to day guy/girl next door types. if I followed that it would have me under 200lbs and would look very wrong for how im built.
    Obviously BMI doesn't adhere to people with athletic builds. Muscles have mass, BMI is simple as balls and only gives a decent impression for average builds. It still is normal weight though, you're the outlier, not the suggested weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    215 isn't thin for 6'2. Lmao. That is ridiculous.

Westbrook is 6'3 200pounds and one of the most fit athletes out there.
    Guess we have to define thin. 215 at 6'3 isn't no where near "FAT" or fluffy. I'm not a stick figure, but in terms of sitting in a plane seat I'm not even close to dripping over the sides. Sure, it wouldn't hurt to lose 10-15 lbs. But 15 lbs over the "ideal" weight is not fat. If it is, I'll shame myself down to 200 later