Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman31 View Post
    Because the next tier's set bonuses for Fury are really strong. Plus they just buffed our Execute on the PTR because the Arms version hits so much harder. Fury needs Juggernaut stacks out the ass just to catch up and very few fights have an execute phase that lasts that long. With Arms getting toned down a bit, and Fury getting buffed a bit, the two are going to be pretty close. Unless something dramatically changes between now and the next patch, both specs will still be top tier DPS, which is good for the class. But I wouldn't be surprised to see Arms fall behind just because Blizz likes this seesaw crap where they take turns giving every spec its "time in the sun", as they have stated multiple times in the past. So we'll see how it pans out.
    So what you're saying is that you're guessing based on numbers on the PTR befor any balance passes?
    Seems smart...

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    So what you're saying is that you're guessing based on numbers on the PTR befor any balance passes?
    Seems smart...
    They've been doing balance passes. The patch will probably be out at the end of the month.
    "He who lives without discipline dies without honor" - Viking proverb

They've been doing balance passes. The patch will probably be out at the end of the month.
    They never balance anything until it goes live, you should know that by now.

So sadly true...

As other have said, fury seems much more active compared to arms. I play both, but I prefer fury.

Because the next tier's set bonuses for Fury are really strong. Plus they just buffed our Execute on the PTR because the Arms version hits so much harder. Fury needs Juggernaut stacks out the ass just to catch up and very few fights have an execute phase that lasts that long. With Arms getting toned down a bit, and Fury getting buffed a bit, the two are going to be pretty close. Unless something dramatically changes between now and the next patch, both specs will still be top tier DPS, which is good for the class. But I wouldn't be surprised to see Arms fall behind just because Blizz likes this seesaw crap where they take turns giving every spec its "time in the sun", as they have stated multiple times in the past. So we'll see how it pans out.
    They buffed base execute and nerfed juggernaut stacks

It's a wash (or maybe even a small nerf the higher Jug goes)

That's not true at all. They adjust numbers during PTR cycles as well as live.

Quote Originally Posted by Grosbill View Post
    They buffed base execute and nerfed juggernaut stacks

It's a wash (or maybe even a small nerf the higher Jug goes)
    I'm looking at it as a buff because there's very few fights where we get to stand still and build a ton of stacks over a long enough period of time. Meanwhile, Arms' Execute hits hard right out the gate with no real ramp up.
    "He who lives without discipline dies without honor" - Viking proverb

I disagree. On plenty of fights Jug can get prety high (especially in ToS). They buffed Execute by about 20% and nerfed Jug by 40%. It's going to be a nerf down the road (especially on progression, not so much once kill times start getting short)

Quote Originally Posted by Grosbill View Post
    I disagree. On plenty of fights Jug can get prety high (especially in ToS). They buffed Execute by about 20% and nerfed Jug by 40%. It's going to be a nerf down the road (especially on progression, not so much once kill times start getting short)
    I was bored and did the math. It's a buff for situations where you get 29 or fewer executes without losing your stacks.

http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i...ParseTime=true

10+ Year Old Account
    One thing that should be mentioned is that these changes to Execute and Juggernaut could be a small part of something bigger for potential tuning in 7.3.5 and they want to experiment with this for now. It wouldn't be surprising if this is the case since Blizzard does acknowledge that our Execute is pretty shit right now unless it's on a fight with a lenghty execute phase where you can't drop your stacks.

With the way the majority of the fights last now, it will be an overall buff to our damage. On longer fights, it will be a nerf. I'm not really too worried about it because once the Netherlight Crucible opens and people get progress on their artifact, bosses will begin to melt even more. Especially once people get more gear along the way, too. The only fights that we'd really see the negative aspect of the change would probably just be Mistress for a while, as well as Avatar and KJ.
    Last edited by Seramore; 2017-08-16 at 06:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

That's not true at all. They adjust numbers during PTR cycles as well as live.
    Of course they do, it was more of a joke.
    Making any kinda of predictions befor the patch is live is still silly though. You litteraly have no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by daiceman View Post
    I was bored and did the math. It's a buff for situations where you get 29 or fewer executes without losing your stacks.
    Think you're a bit off. looks like a nerf at 15 or more stacks and a buff at fewer
    Last edited by Aelbox; 2017-08-16 at 12:53 PM.

The damage of an individual execute is lower after 15. But the total accumulated damage is higher till the 30th stack than its about equal than starts to drop. If it was ~830% instead of 800% it would be more equal at 40 stacks which I see happen often.

Fury is getting better, but arms is still a brainless spec. Fury is def more fun to play than arms, but sure, not as op in execute phase.

WTB onehands for fury T_T

Quote Originally Posted by Nubbsauce View Post
    Fury is getting better, but arms is still a brainless spec. Fury is def more fun to play than arms, but sure, not as op in execute phase.

I dont know if aligning all CDs and 3 Buttons make it a more complex rotation.....

I find it completely the opposite.. I can play fury with my brain on the floor, while arms I have to make sure I get procs up to correct stacks, keep rend rolling and alter CS/WB depending on st/aoe while trying to make sure i link up BC/Ravanger perfectly (preferably when adds spawn) and so on...

Funny how one spec is easymode for some and opposite for others... each for his own I guess.
    Last edited by Dawon; 2017-09-08 at 05:03 PM.

I don't think either spec is considerably more difficult than the other. But to me, Fury's organic rhythm is a thousand times more fun and satisfying than Arms's proc fishing. Same reason I play Demonic instead of Chaos Blades on my DH. Less optimal? Sure. So much more fun? You bet.

I'm curious where the two specs will stand in Antorus. From the looks of it, Arms's set bonus is pretty weak, while Fury's has the potential to be very strong. So the balance might shift once again.

I'd say arms is harder to master than fury since you have to manage your rage and abilities properly, whilst fury is mostly about spamming the correct rotation. Arms is quite frustrating and dull though with lots of downtime(less keypresses per minute). So yeah fury is more fun, but it's not exactly rocket science compared to arms.

Quote Originally Posted by barackohmama View Post
    I'd say arms is harder to master than fury since you have to manage your rage and abilities properly, whilst fury is mostly about spamming the correct rotation. Arms is quite frustrating and dull though with lots of downtime(less keypresses per minute). So yeah fury is more fun, but it's not exactly rocket science compared to arms.
    Well, not exactly. You cant just spam a rotation and be good. You have to have the haste to even be effective for one, the Lego Helm for rage gen, the Arms Ring for Single Target (which changes the rotation entirely), fury legs, and fury belt. You have to maintain Enrage, otherwise your DPS suffers GREATLY. Also, Fury has one of the hardest openers which is: PrePot > Charge > Glaves Trink > Wait 1 second > BC > BT > OF > RB > BT > RB > RAM <All within your BattleCry Timer.

Maybe if you havent played fury, then sure, Arms would seem fun and easy since its proc based, hard hitting, and only have to worry about 1 stat (Mastery), but once you play fury and get it down, arms is a snooze fest.

Well, not exactly. You cant just spam a rotation and be good. You have to have the haste to even be effective for one, the Lego Helm for rage gen, the Arms Ring for Single Target (which changes the rotation entirely), fury legs, and fury belt. You have to maintain Enrage, otherwise your DPS suffers GREATLY. Also, Fury has one of the hardest openers which is: PrePot > Charge > Glaves Trink > Wait 1 second > BC > BT > OF > RB > BT > RB > RAM <All within your BattleCry Timer.

Maybe if you havent played fury, then sure, Arms would seem fun and easy since its proc based, hard hitting, and only have to worry about 1 stat (Mastery), but once you play fury and get it down, arms is a snooze fest.
    How is gearing making the spec harder, i don't get it? It's not like its rocket science to gear a fury. Keeping enrage up is done through normal rotation and is super easy to track with a normal weak aura. Arms has to worry about not over spending rage on slam/ww to have rage left for mortal strike, keeping rend up applying shattered defenses etc. As fury you don't have to manage rage since you go from 0 to 100(frothing berserker) then just make sure to dump rage with rampage. Main hard hitting ability raging blow generates rage compared to cost rage as arms. I played fury exclusively in NH and now some in ToS(basically the same spec) and it's much easier to manage.

I'm not saying fury is a bad spec, cause it's not and it's fun. But it's certainly not more difficult to play well than arms.
    Last edited by barackohmama; 2017-09-08 at 04:38 AM.