Thread: Trinket choice?

Trinket choice?

Hi.
    I just got Kil'jaeden's Burning Wish from my weekly mythic + chest.
    I am now unsure on what trinkets I should use.
    I actually play all 3 specs (I only play for fun, I dont raid but I do mythic+ from time to time) so I just play whatever I want to play at a given time.

So my question is:
    What 2 trinkets should I use now?
    I can choose between:
    1. Kil'jaeden's Burning Wish ilvl 970.
    2. Terror From Below ilvl 900.
    3. Tarnished Sentinel Medallion ilvl 885.

I dont know how simcraft works, and last time I tried it (maybe a week ago) I only got error messages saying that it failed to import characters.
    I tried several different versions of Simcraft and other characters aswell, only got the same error.

Anyway I play mostly frost and arcane, so if any1 have some input on what trinket to use i'll me grateful!

Deleted
    Have a look at the raid bots website...its simc but in a more user friendly format.

Out of those 3 its Kil'jaedan>900 terror> 885 tsm for frost, don't play much arcane but aparently tsm trinket is super strong as arcane and should beat the terror even through the ilev difference but tsm loses value when theres multi targets.

However Kil'jaedans takes 1 of your 2 very valuable legendary slots so its hard to say whats best for you without knowing all of your other gear. As poster above said you can use raidbots with combination of the simcraft addon to find best gear. Its super easy to use, get the simcraft addon and ingame type /simc, copy all the info and paste into https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/topgear. Then just tickmark the gear you wanna test out.

Need more info such as what are your other legendaries for any spec you are playing. Otherwise no advice will be much help.

I mean KJ will outbeat your other trinkets easily since its a legendary. Terror/Owl are mostly single target trinkets, especially the Owl. I wouldn't use that unless you're raiding. You should aim to get an Arcanocrystal (5k shard turn ins for a minimal 880). That is good for both ST and AoE.

Thanks for the answers. Will check out that Simc and raidbots thingy.

However for my Frost and arcane legendaries I have:
    Mantle of the First Kirin Tor, for Arcane
    and
    Shattered Fragments of Sindragosa, for Frost.

Only have those 3 legendaries I've "listed" so far.

- - - Updated - - -

You guys probably dont care, but I think I did this right?

http://imgur.com/CYzWg4y

So apperently I shouldnt use the trinket at all, even though its only a 0.2% difference

Quote Originally Posted by Pollylol View Post
    Thanks for the answers. Will check out that Simc and raidbots thingy.

However for my Frost and arcane legendaries I have:
    Mantle of the First Kirin Tor, for Arcane
    and
    Shattered Fragments of Sindragosa, for Frost.

Only have those 3 legendaries I've "listed" so far.

- - - Updated - - -

You guys probably dont care, but I think I did this right?

http://imgur.com/CYzWg4y

So apperently I shouldnt use the trinket at all, even though its only a 0.2% difference
    Is that raidbots or something? Use Simcraft if you want to sim your gear accurately. I know people who have used raidbots and the numbers they provide are wildly inaccurate. Simcraft is pretty easy. Download the Simcraft client and the WoW addon (SimC). You type /simc in game and paste that text into the import section and just run simulate.

What spec are you playing? If Frost, use Helm/KJ/Terror.
    Last edited by Kluian05; 2017-08-02 at 07:05 PM.

Is it inaccurate? Damn.
    I "finally found" something I can understand :\ I dont understand how Simcraft works + I dont really like that..
    Raidbots seem'd easy and fast for my choice so.

Is it inaccurate? Damn.
    I "finally found" something I can understand :\ I dont understand how Simcraft works + I dont really like that..
    Well you aren't raiding and you do minimal mythic+, so in the end none of these should truly be concerns for you. If you want to be serious then figure out SimCraft, there are plenty of youtube videos that explain the process and go beyond the simple aspects of the tools for advanced users.

Deleted
    I only got error messages saying that it failed to import characters.
    Probably because the region is wrong in the settings.

Is it inaccurate? Damn.

I can sim them for you if you tell your characters name and realm (and region)

Quote Originally Posted by Kluian05 View Post
    Is that raidbots or something? Use Simcraft if you want to sim your gear accurately. I know people who have used raidbots and the numbers they provide are wildly inaccurate. Simcraft is pretty easy. Download the Simcraft client and the WoW addon (SimC). You type /simc in game and paste that text into the import section and just run simulate.

What spec are you playing? If Frost, use Helm/KJ/Terror.
    Raidbots is simcraft (it actually uses the simcraft application), it sims everything and then presents the data in a more user friendly way, you should find 0 difference between the results. It uses the weekly build so i guess it could be out of date if you are used to nightly updates of simcraft but highly unlikely you will find any different results.

Quote Originally Posted by Aktec View Post
    Raidbots is simcraft (it actually uses the simcraft application), it sims everything and then presents the data in a more user friendly way, you should find 0 difference between the results. It uses the weekly build so i guess it could be out of date if you are used to nightly updates of simcraft but highly unlikely you will find any different results.
    Yeah I personally have not used Raidbots. But I know back a few weeks back a frost mage in my guild was using high ilvl offset (with garbage mastery) over 2pc T19 / 4pc T20 combo based on raidbots input which I thought was odd. I suggested him to download simcraft instead, and his sim showed substantial DPS gain over raidbots. Perhaps the build was off at that point and giving erroneous results.

Character is named Pollylol on Ragnaros-EU.
    But i wont log on for a few days now so the armory wont get updated.

Okai guys discussing raidbots, use it or no?
    I Also has tier sets in my bag and raidbots suggested that i use that over higher ilvl items Btw @ kluian05

RaidBots is the exact same thing as SimCraft, just with a more user friendly web based interface and cloud hosting. If you get wildly different results from the two, you're doing something wrong. Use RaidBots if it's easier for you to understand. I like RaidBots because it's easier for me to click on a link in my favorites than launch the SimCraft app. Also, it uses no system resources so i can run calculations in the background while I play.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Guys, i would like to remind everyone to use the "Search" tool before opening new topics. The trinket comparison has been discussed far and wide. Thanks!

Since you are going casual and play for fun every now and then my suggestion is go arcane with mantle/KJ since with both of them its really fun in mythic +.