Punch a nazi cartoon

Not sure if anyone has posted this before, but given the threads about ANTIFA lately, I thought this would be valid.

It's an okay song and video but I think it's mostly hyperbole, things aren't that bad. Sure there are some immature types that like to play war but that'll stop once someone gets shot.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    "Is shitposting high art?" This question was posed today on one of the forums I post on, and it's definitely a question most folks won't bother wasting their time on because, like many things, the bad examples of shitposting outweigh the fine, and most people have been exposed to the bad examples solely, and what I mean by "bad" are regurgitated topics beaten to death over and over again that eventually it just loses its impact. Shitposting could be considered fine art if it has nuance, originality, and extreme subjectivity, like all fine art.

Nuance is something that takes a certain level of finesse to pull off, in whatever medium. In the case of shitposting, it's having an excellent grasp on language and human behavior which allows you to achieve your goal, whether that goal is to upset people, make them laugh, whatever. Not anyone can shitpost in the high art quality, and people need to realize that there's usually more to a shitpost than meets the eye. You want a good example of a nuanced high art shitpost? Read the essay A Modest Proposal by Jonathan Swift. Link: http://art-bin.com/art/omodest.html

There are few things more annoying than an unoriginal shitpost. You know the examples I mean: the ones about racism and feminism and all that garbage. Those COULD be high art, but usually they fall into more of an aggressively braindead form of shitposting that could hardly be considered a post, much less high art. High art is all about innovation, meaning and bringing about changes to the medium. Making a high art shitpost about ham sandwiches far exceeds in quality a shitpost about former president Barack Obama "having monkey brains" (note: not an opinion held by me).

The beauty of shitposting, like all things, is the subjectivity of the topics being shitposted. The more open a shitpost is to interpretation, I think the more potential it has to be considered high art. Almost like how some can find Picasso so uplifting and inspiring while others see his work as a load of cubic crap. Some people aren't capable of looking past the surface and really diving into the how and why of a shitpost, which is why many high art shitposters, just like traditional artists, are often critiqued harshly for their work.

Shitposting is a new medium of expression that hasn't had the headstart plenty of other artistic mediums had. It's grossly misunderstood but it still has plenty of potential to go. Perhaps one day, our children will cultivate a finer understanding of it and why people shitpost, but it still has a long way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    "Is shitposting high art?"
    This is something you need to ask Ken M.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    >social justice musical.

lol

10+ Year Old Account
    "Actually, Punching nazis is bad"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    -le snip-

Not sure if anyone has posted this before, but given the threads about ANTIFA lately, I thought this would be valid.
    Oh the irony, of someone taking that long to create a music video to complain about people complaining.

Oh my goodness ANTIFA EVERYWHERE quick get based stickman and the rest of the alt-right who troll for violence at the same events to beat the hell out of them because they disagree with them. Irony much?

On a side note I've never even met someone who's ANTIFA, but I have met a handful of people who are opposed to them and have made vague whiny statements about what they'd do to one if they ever say one. Thank goodness seeing how they're the new Nazis evidently.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    "Actually, Punching nazis is bad"
    neeeh, you're being intolerant of intolerance!!

10+ Year Old Account
    dont make pointless posts to stir up the forum