Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

A general lack of Paladin development?

Is it only me or has the paladins class been quiet dull when it comes to devolpment of the class and how to play it?

Like the paladin fantasy of being a melee healer and the talents to support it that where removed in the legion beta, why have we not seen any devolpment for this or a look on how alot of people consider the paladin to be quiet boring to play?

Are you talking Holy specifically?

Otherwise, I mean, Prot is pretty fun overall, and Ret, while could be better, is still enjoyable to me.

Mastery for holy still encourages you to be in melee range. Though I don't think they want you stack mastery. I do think it would be cool if they encouraged more of the melee healing.

I really am enjoying ret for the most part, which I'm sure I'll get flamed for but this is the first xpac I've tried something different. I've always been a resto druid and have never like melee classes in every game I've played until now.

7+ Year Old Account
    I do recall they gave Holy some talent that made Crusader Strike heal people, but then it was changed to reduce a cooldown instead. A bit of a shame because I'd totally consider healing more often if I was able to talent in a way that I do less healing than a pure healer, but still able to do some damage to speed encounters up!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    I do recall they gave Holy some talent that made Crusader Strike heal people, but then it was changed to reduce a cooldown instead. A bit of a shame because I'd totally consider healing more often if I was able to talent in a way that I do less healing than a pure healer, but still able to do some damage to speed encounters up!
    I don't remember that iteration of the talent. In early alpha it gave mastery though

There's a lack of paladin development for most things, not just holy and not just class design. For example:

Still no mention of holy pally caster updates. A majority of our animations are still from BC. Most of them being our main spells (fol, holy shock, hl) and some are from MoP (LoD). They need updates terribly but no word.

Still no mention of any ret changes to help push the spec forward and get away from crusade being the crutch that holds the spec up. The spec needs a rework so it isn't reliant on just one talent to be fun and do good dps.

Still no mention about prot Paladins being a fairly bad choice of tank for the entirety of ToS. There's been multiple threads and even mods/templars on our discord rerolled. Mythic bosses are stomping prot Paladins. Even KJ on heroic is giving problems. Perfect play results in being able to just barely survive, while guardian Druids can hit a button or two and be completely fine.

I've been a paladin for all of the 9 years I've played this game. This is how it generally always is. It doesn't really bother me much anymore because most of those will probably come in 8.0 (holy caster animations, ret rework) but it'd be nice to know they're on top of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    There's a lack of paladin development for most things, not just holy and not just class design. For example:

Still no mention of holy pally caster updates. A majority of our animations are still from BC. Most of them being our main spells (fol, holy shock, hl) and some are from MoP (LoD). They need updates terribly but no word.

Still no mention of any ret changes to help push the spec forward and get away from crusade being the crutch that holds the spec up. The spec needs a rework so it isn't reliant on just one talent to be fun and do good dps.

Still no mention about prot Paladins being a fairly bad choice of tank for the entirety of ToS. There's been multiple threads and even mods/templars on our discord rerolled. Mythic bosses are stomping prot Paladins. Even KJ on heroic is giving problems. Perfect play results in being able to just barely survive, while guardian Druids can hit a button or two and be completely fine.

I've been a paladin for all of the 9 years I've played this game. This is how it generally always is. It doesn't really bother me much anymore because most of those will probably come in 8.0 (holy caster animations, ret rework) but it'd be nice to know they're on top of it.
    This kinda what i have been woundering about, have blizzard even stated anything about us at all?

I wish holy got more attention to further us from being priests and give us more that goes with paladins being a battlehealer.
    Last edited by Thundering; 2017-08-18 at 01:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundering View Post
    This kinda what i have been woundering about, have blizzard even stated anything about us at all?
    "Look. We already gave you guys Ashbringer. Isn’t that enough?"
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Now instead of being pissed off at four people at a time, I can be pissed off at TWENTY FOUR people at a time. That's called efficiency, my little enchiladas.

Dropped my pally which was my main since start of Wrath... never been happier, should have done it earlier! :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascius View Post
    "Look. We already gave you guys Ashbringer. Isn’t that enough?"
    I feel like this is their entire mantra this expansion, I don't expect to see anything in Legion for Paladins.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    I miss when the spec (and most classes in general) had choices to weigh through rotations, rather than just smashing whatever procs or is up soonest. I guess that's why people say 'priority' over 'rotation' now adays, but still.

Not sure if it's my nostalgia but I do remember cata ret being a lot of fun, mostly because of it requiring some sort of management until they made it so inquisition(?) lasted 60 seconds instead of 30. From there they sort of kept dumbing the spec down more and more. Wouldn't mind trying out cata ret again to see if it was actually more enjoyable than the current iteration.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Romanesca View Post
    I miss when the spec (and most classes in general) had choices to weigh through rotations, rather than just smashing whatever procs or is up soonest. I guess that's why people say 'priority' over 'rotation' now adays, but still.

Not sure if it's my nostalgia but I do remember cata ret being a lot of fun, mostly because of it requiring some sort of management until they made it so inquisition(?) lasted 60 seconds instead of 30. From there they sort of kept dumbing the spec down more and more. Wouldn't mind trying out cata ret again to see if it was actually more enjoyable than the current iteration.
    It wasn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundering View Post
    Is it only me or has the paladins class been quiet dull when it comes to devolpment of the class and how to play it?

Like the paladin fantasy of being a melee healer and the talents to support it that where removed in the legion beta, why have we not seen any devolpment for this or a look on how alot of people consider the paladin to be quiet boring to play?
    'Development' what is that exactly? Would you want something to develop backwards? Why change something that works perfectly as it is? If you're bored, maybe that's because you've been playing WoW for 10-12 years? No change or development will change that you are bored.

Quote Originally Posted by CptEgo View Post
    'Development' what is that exactly? Would you want something to develop backwards? Why change something that works perfectly as it is? If you're bored, maybe that's because you've been playing WoW for 10-12 years? No change or development will change that you are bored.
    Well for one part i think the gameplay is pretty linear and boring these days since they have removed alot of the old things that made the game fun and enganging like keeping a check on your mana and using your abilities to make sure you don't go oom. something you dont need to care about anymore at all.

But it is also that we go like 12 year animations and a Charger that needs some better textures as a example.

A general lack of iq, to be specific.
    12 iq by default when it comes to Paladin development.
    Of course there is no malicious intent towards class, to suggest it would be ridiculous.
    They are just that fething bad.
    Or are they..?

Quote Originally Posted by Dawon View Post
    Dropped my pally which was my main since start of Wrath... never been happier, should have done it earlier! :/
    What do you play now?

Quote Originally Posted by Dawon View Post
    Same, played pally tank since Wrath and this is the first expansion that forced me to drop it... or rather my raid leader politely requested me to play a different class. Not happy about it since I loved the theme and visuals and utility of a paladin, but I can completely understand where does my RL come from, why risk extra wipes and extra progress time because a tank is unreliable class?

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Yep, watched Pumps' video from mythic KJ (he's one of the top guardian druids) and he has easily 10m+ HP even with agility consumables AND can get 4-5 stacks of ironfur at one time for soaking armageddon hail or felclaws. Paladins just fell behind. Every other tank including Monk, DH and DK got HP buffs in every patch and now bosses' melee is balanced around different health pools than paladins can achieve, you really don't have a room to triage your light of the protector usage when every melee hit can nearly kill you. Not even mentioning all the specials you have to soak WHILE the boss is meleeing you because Blizzard went overboard with "soak this" mechanics so tanks aren't exempt from them while tanking the boss.

Nearly every famous prot paladin switched class (Lazel playing Monk / DH / DK, Sloot playing DK / Monk), or class and role (playing some range dps), or like Blueprint was forced to make 3-tank strat for mythic KJ to fit himself in.

And judging from story of DKs who were abysmal in EN and took Blizzard 3 patches to fix them, prot paladins have little hope left before 8.0.
    Last edited by Marrilaife; 2017-08-18 at 06:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reachie10 View Post
    What do you play now?
    Picked up my warrior for raiding which I normally only used for PVP.

A general suck in Paladin development.

Deleted
    Is a general lack in blizzard development and professionalism. Not a good development team and obviously not a good testing team. It befalls on the community to test things and provide feedback all the time. And to be fair taking a look at howtopriest and sp community and their feedback ret community lightyears behind. But again this is not a community problem. It's blizzard and how they view the game