Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Ele shaman buffs

so it looks like we get buffs to Elemental Blast, Chain Lightning, Frost Shock, our 2 piece bonus to include EQ as well as Earthshock and another 3% overall buff to all abilities making it 6% buff from live in total.
    Nice to see they are listening to feedback and reverted at least a portion of the chainlightning nerf and buffed Elemental Blast to compensate for the nerf to its proc.
    Not going to say we are fixed but at least we seem to be heading in the right direction. Thoughts on this latest round of changes?

Deleted
    You just overlooked that they nerf EB stats to 2000 from 2400, Static Overload CL proc chance from 10% to 7% and TM overload chance of LB/CL from 10% to 5%. And that Tier 21 set bonus wont be relevant for ToS.

This is not listening to feedback, in fact this just proves how clueless everyone who "works" on Elemental is. This is no fix to anything, just a small... very tiny band-aid. Not to mention that other classes also got buffs, including Enhancer.

Things that didn't make onto the MMO-C frontpage:

-Static Overload nerfed to 7%, Cl "buff" is presumably a compensation for that, same dmg, less rng.

-T21 2pc includes Icefury Damage buff

-T20 4pc reduces Stormele CD by 2.0 Seconds instead of 1.5 (Basically a fix because SE got even worse with the T20 4pc).

Another 3% overall damage buff! yay! By the time 7.3 go live later, i hope we'll get to 60% damage buff in total .

Ele deals 10% less ST damage than any other middle specs.
    In my calculations, All ptr change brings about a 5% gain to ST damage.
    So our ST will still be weak. I do not know if IF or ST is strong, but this requires more precise calculations.

Quote Originally Posted by Ele man View Post
    Ele deals 10% less ST damage than any other middle specs.
    In my calculations, All ptr change brings about a 5% gain to ST damage.
    So our ST will still be weak. I do not know if IF or ST is strong, but this requires more precise calculations.
    Expect up to an ~8% increase if you were using gambling build. It's a pretty hefty increase, but it doesn't address any of our inconsistency problems (particularly surrounding the gloves on ST and SO on AoE, which is actually going to be even worse).

That said, at least it seems to be a step in the right direction, and we will definitely see a bump in our ST. Either way, it's getting to the point where it might be better for players to just switch into a more raid-appropriate class.

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    You just overlooked that they nerf EB stats to 2000 from 2400, Static Overload CL proc chance from 10% to 7% and TM overload chance of LB/CL from 10% to 5%. And that Tier 21 set bonus wont be relevant for ToS.

This is not listening to feedback, in fact this just proves how clueless everyone who "works" on Elemental is. This is no fix to anything, just a small... very tiny band-aid. Not to mention that other classes also got buffs, including Enhancer.
    Since they destroyed Nerfquake to not scale with haste, why aren't they willing to buff ancestral swiftness back to 10%. Not even 8% because they went after Elemental Blast stat boost and Static Overload. Our dps is so punished by movement, why aren't they willing to give us faster casting to compensate for that ridiculousness?
    Last edited by Takatin; 2017-08-02 at 03:44 PM. Reason: added response

Quote Originally Posted by Takatin View Post
    Since they destroyed Nerfquake to not scale with haste, why aren't they willing to buff ancestral swiftness back to 10%. Not even 8% because they went after Elemental Blast stat boost and Static Overload. Our dps is so punished by movement, why aren't they willing to give us faster casting to compensate for that ridiculousness?
    I think that would be totally fair. I would also like to see them reduce the cooldown of astral shift or give us back sham rage.

Quote Originally Posted by freddy090909 View Post
    Expect up to an ~8% increase if you were using gambling build. It's a pretty hefty increase, but it doesn't address any of our inconsistency problems (particularly surrounding the gloves on ST and SO on AoE, which is actually going to be even worse).

That said, at least it seems to be a step in the right direction, and we will definitely see a bump in our ST. Either way, it's getting to the point where it might be better for players to just switch into a more raid-appropriate class.
    Times change, but some things always remain the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Takatin View Post
    I don't think mobility / movement dps can be just increased by buffing AS.

Really, if there's one freaking change i want to see regarding Elemental mobility, it's making Gust of Wind Baseline, then i can take Windrush Totem without any downside.

There are quite a few changes that should happen in that regard, but actually having a raid support tool while keeping the current mobility would be very decent.

What I find sad is that the changes really only affect PvE. We're in dire need of help for PvP, defenses specifically (which is actually, as abov,e a mirrored need for PvE). But it seems blizz won't really do anything for the shaman in general, let alone something that would make them viable in pvp. I don't understand why everyone seems to get love, but we're always neglected.
    My Ele Shaman PvP YouTube channel: https://goo.gl/s0u6Hn

The only shaman they love is Thrall and even he was an enhancer as far as Im concerned. I hear alot of people ask me "Why dont you reroll or respecc if ele is so bad?" and the answer is I loved ele. Its my first char and my first charakter I ever created but the constant storm against us has ground my will to play into dust and if this continues I dont know if i will play Ele shaman in the next patch or if I ask my raidlead what our raid needs because ele hasnt been it for a long time

Deleted
    Elemental is fine according to Blizzard, we're just all terrible players still playing this spec.

Quote Originally Posted by WatcherDev, LegionQA
    This makes the other specs look significantly weaker, as the people logging other specs aren't as strong of players.

Elemental is fine according to Blizzard, we're just all terrible players still playing this spec.
    It's that this argument just doesn't work for Dps Shaman at all, both specs suck at high end mythic.

Heck, if Enhance would be on Arms / Rogue Level, i'd switch to Enhance ASAP.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2017-08-03 at 08:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by freddy090909 View Post

I wish too, but 8% is very positive. Total damege 6% and es buff add up to 8%.
    But think of the total amount reduction of MS. ES buff is somewhat rewarding. Maelstrom became more precious.
    When everything is considered, it is about 5% buff.(using my wcl logs)

Of course, If other builds appear, ST may be different.
    Using IF build in PTR is powerful. It is powerful even with ST talent and the legendary ring.
    There seems to be many possibilities here. The exact data seemed to know when sim came out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ele man View Post
    When everything is considered, it is about 5% buff.(using my wcl logs)
    The exact data seemed to know when sim came out.
    I'm talking about specifically gambling ST, we've actually already implemented these changes in simc. The changes are >MUCH< lower for a non-gambling build, especially because of it using EB (which is hurt by both the nerf to itself and the mastery nerf/change).
    Last edited by freddy090909; 2017-08-04 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Times change, but some things always remain the same.
    Yes and no.

Tier 19 was actually pretty favorable for Ele seeing as how NH had a fair amount of fights that took advantage of the specs strengths (much like Throne of Thunder), combined with a strong set bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Riistov View Post
    Yes and no.

Tier 19 was actually pretty favorable for Ele seeing as how NH had a fair amount of fights that took advantage of the specs strengths (much like Throne of Thunder), combined with a strong set bonus.
    We're talking about needing fights designed to cater to a single spec's strength combined with specific gear/items...calling that silly is an understatement.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    We're talking about needing fights designed to cater to a single spec's strength combined with specific gear/items...calling that silly is an understatement.
    Ha ha, yeah. Its been an ongoing issue for as long as I can remember. You can literally look at a raid on the ptr and tell if its going to be good for Ele or not based on how many council fights there are.

remember elemental is really strong in m+, thats why everyone is taking ele shamans for the m+ invitational right?

oh wait...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    It's that this argument just doesn't work for Dps Shaman at all, both specs suck at high end mythic.

Heck, if Enhance would be on Arms / Rogue Level, i'd switch to Enhance ASAP.
    what like astral shift only works on AoE affects but now has a 5 second cooldown? balanced ability if you're a rogue lmao.