Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by bargh View Post
    While devs kneejerk reaction is rather disgusting, why exactly people complain about ele?

Bad st dps, no burst aoe, weak defensives, low mobility?

I mean we have bl, quasiblink, 12s interrupt, aoe stun+knockdowns.

All we need is just few numbers tuned and we ok. Im not saying i wouldnt enjoy 5min rez that resets each pull, but i'd say touch the classes that break mechanics, namely iceblock, rogue and turtle stance.
    Mages, BM Hunters, and the other two specs of Shaman have BL. Gust is a worse Disengage, not even anywhere near a blink. The next two are irrelevant on most fights. Our problems are more than just numbers; weak defensives, low mobility, and non-existent utility are some of the real culprits behind Ele's problems.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont wanna make new thread so I will ask here:
    Icy Veins and other guides says about stats something like: int>haste>crit>mastery=versa, but when i sim myself its completly different:

Crit
    Vers
    Mastery
    Int
    Haste

Any comments?

My armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ch...nas/cvij%c3%b6

Also, what are you think about Umbral Moonglaives trinket?

Thx

Quote Originally Posted by Gavran View Post
    I dont wanna make new thread so I will ask here:
    Icy Veins and other guides says about stats something like: int>haste>crit>mastery=versa, but when i sim myself its completly different:
    Which talents did you use for that sim?

Armory says you currently run LR & EotE, seems like a hybrid build between AoE and ST, rather try it with Ascendance / Icefury for ST.

Changing your enchant / gems beforehand might also "improve" results, Mastery is clearly not your best stat.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavran View Post

Also, what are you think about Umbral Moonglaives trinket?
    Damage is halved for non-melee dps specs (tanks, healers, ranged dps), similar to all raid trinkets since Nighthold.

Quote Originally Posted by ManiacHaywire View Post
    Mages, BM Hunters, and the other two specs of Shaman have BL. Gust is a worse Disengage, not even anywhere near a blink. The next two are irrelevant on most fights. Our problems are more than just numbers; weak defensives, low mobility, and non-existent utility are some of the real culprits behind Ele's problems.
    How is Gust worse than Disengage? It has 5 sec lower CD and can be better aimed due to you going forward rather than backwards?

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    How is Gust worse than Disengage? It has 5 sec lower CD and can be better aimed due to you going forward rather than backwards?
    The Posthaste talent (60% sprint for 5 seconds after landing) makes it better.

Considering that the other two talents in the same row are next to useless, posthaste is basically baseline.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    The Posthaste talent (60% sprint for 5 seconds after landing) makes it better.

Considering that the other two talents in the same row are next to useless, posthaste is basically baseline.
    Well, we have Ghost Wolf so you can almost do the same in ele. I often Ghost Wolf even before landing the Gust when I need to get somewhere quick. The benefit that BM at least has is that they can DPS on the move.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Yeah, personally as someone that plays both classes, I think gust is a lot more useful.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ingsve View Post
    Well, we have Ghost Wolf so you can almost do the same in ele. I often Ghost Wolf even before landing the Gust when I need to get somewhere quick. The benefit that BM at least has is that they can DPS on the move.
    .... and strong defensives and immumities for soaks...

Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    .... and strong defensives and immumities for soaks...
    And solid utility

You are trading dps for stuns there, the stuns are by no means mandatory.

Hows everyone feeling about Ele now that you've had some time with it since the patch? I am surprisingly slightly less depressed about my st damage.

Still a lot of major flaws with the spec, but its a bit less painful.

Quote Originally Posted by Riistov View Post
    Hows everyone feeling about Ele now that you've had some time with it since the patch? I am surprisingly slightly less depressed about my st damage.

Still a lot of major flaws with the spec, but its a bit less painful.
    Agree. I'm definitely in the top 3 for my raid group now. We're only doing Heroic atm so it doesn't matter but it feels better!

much dmg and t21 bonuses will be insane good

Damage is indeed a good deal better in 7.3, and I'm especially happy with the AoE changes. That said, the incredibly high damage swings we have on ST caused by a number of high-value procs has really killed my enjoyment of the spec.

Also, Blizzard has shown, yet again, how out of touch they are with ele's damage by nerfing our tier 21 (and, goody, they've introduced yet another high-damage, low chance proc). Obviously, I know that it is PTR and subject to change, but the sheer fact they thought our tier needed a nerf baffles me (it was barely outperforming current tier, as the last bonus of the expac) - for why this worries me so much, just look at what they did with T20, it went live in 7.2.5 after repeatedly getting nerfed on the PTR and had to get hotfixed with pretty massive buffs.

I'm not happy with the AoE changes. Yes, AoE damage is huge - if there are many mobs that last a long time and don't have to be moved. That's a lot of conditions to meet before stacked EQs kick in and the numbers get really good. If the mobs are weak and the pack is being moved, EQ blows, and so does Ele's AoE DPS.

I do like the change to Static Overload, though. It allow you to get your AoE going a lot faster, which helps on short-lived pulls. It's also nice out in the world, letting you just melt packs of mobs.

Now, if they'd just get single target working, that'd be grand. Getting a string of Lava Surge procs and not really feeling like it was much of a thing is a bit depressing.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Really loving our Aoe/Cleave right now, It's nice being able to clear the adds solo for fights like mistress/harj/devo. I've also played around with our cleave to see how crazy it is. On an ascendance ST build, blowing everything and using only 1 chain lightning once a minute with storm keeper on a 4 targets, Chain lightning/CL overload was my highest damage, even with blowing ascendance and spamming them sweet LB procs. Its pretty crazy how strong that CL/SK interaction is atm.