10+ Year Old Account

Fastest way to farm a Legendary Weapon

Wanting to know if there's an easy and fast way to grind out a Legendary.
    I'm a Warrior (looking to build Sunrise, since eternity is 2 Swords into 1).

I think I have a few of the prereqs already from exploring the map and most of the materials.
    Pretty much just looking for a guide or checklist telling me what I need.
    Intel Core i7 2700K @ 5.1Ghz | Asus P8Z68-V | 16GB (2x8GB) Corsair Dominator Platinum 1600MHz (9-9-9-24) | MSI GTX 980 | Lian-Li PC-P50WB | Samsung 960 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB SSD (OS) | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (Games/Data) | Corsair RM-1000 80+ Gold | Corsair H110i
    http://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/4808707

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sunrise

There you go mate. Scroll down it has all the mats required. Click on some of the ones there and it will tell you what it needs.

There is the Mastery but I don't know how it works.

Realistically. The quickest way would be to drop god knows how much on Gems and then convert those gems to gold but I imagine you don't want to do that. (Don't because it's like £300+) :O

Deleted
    I've crafted the new legendary sword some days ago.
    Can't really tell you the best farm, here's what I did, sell everything that has a nice cost and isn't needed, farm a metricton of elder wood in both straits of devastation and malchor's leap with all my chars.
    Elder Wood Plank costs about 11S each and has a CD of 1 hour, so if you've lots of different chars you can get nice gold, but it's kind of boring.

10+ Year Old Account

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Yeah, there's no "fast" way to do it, and that's by design. Legendaries are designed to either get you to spend money on them or to be a complete degenerate grinding for them.

Frankly I don't find them to be particularly good or healthy design at all, they're simply made to exploit people with addiction issues or poor impulse control, and that's just shitty in terms of game production, but oh well.
    Sometimes, us degenerates just like having something to work towards.

If I had to offer any advice, it would be not to race towards it. Unless you have a lot of gold to spare (or a lot of money to spare) to buy the mats and precursor, it's a long grind. Work towards it as you play the game. Or, if you actually do have most of the materials already, just check the wiki for what's required or follow the crafting achievements from the NPC in Lion's Arch if you'd prefer crafting the precursor.

I've been working on one since release but I play fairly casually. My problem is that I have mostly everything finished but missing the Arah tokens and nobody seems to want to run that dungeon. So I'm probably out of luck there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valeron View Post
    I've been working on one since release but I play fairly casually. My problem is that I have mostly everything finished but missing the Arah tokens and nobody seems to want to run that dungeon. So I'm probably out of luck there.
    Theres a way around that. Grind the reward tracks via pvp or wvw. Alternatively you get a chest every 8 (might not be the exact number) unique dungeon paths you run. The chest allows you to choose tons from any dungeon and you can repeat the cycle as many times as you want. Oh and story dungeons count too, so you do something like clear all AC paths (including story), COF 1, SE 1/3, CMs for easy indirect Arah tokens.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post

There you go mate. Scroll down it has all the mats required. Click on some of the ones there and it will tell you what it needs.

Realistically. The quickest way would be to drop god knows how much on Gems and then convert those gems to gold but I imagine you don't want to do that. (Don't because it's like £300+) :O
    So compared to WoW, what are the levels of weapons in the game?

So far I unlocked Fine weapons, which I believe is the equavilent to green in WoW. How many steps up in rarity and quality does it go?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post

So far I unlocked Fine weapons, which I believe is the equavilent to green in WoW. How many steps up in rarity and quality does it go?
    junk = grey
    basic = white
    fine = blue
    masterwork = green
    rare = yellow
    exotic = orange
    ascended = pink
    legendary = purple

ascended and legendary are the same stat wise, legendary just has some extra visual effects and the ability to switch the stats around

In terms of stat levels:
    Legendary (purple) = Ascended (Pink) > Exotic (Orange) > Rare (Yellow) > Masterwork (Green) > Fine (Blue) > Common (White)

Legendaries are generally more flashy (and the weapons give special footfall animations) and allow you to freely switch the stat sets but otherwise are the same state level as Ascended.

10+ Year Old Account
    junk = grey
    basic = white
    fine = blue
    masterwork = green
    rare = yellow
    exotic = orange
    ascended = pink
    legendary = purple

ascended and legendary are the same stat wise, legendary just has some extra visual effects and the ability to switch the stats around
    Thanks for the break down! I'll have to re-tool my mind off the WoW item progression

So basically ascended and legendary are a distinction of appearance only?

pretty much yes

pretty much yes
    IIRC, you can also change the stats of a legendary without any cost where changing the stats on an ascended does have a cost.

Thanks for the break down! I'll have to re-tool my mind off the WoW item progression

Yes but don't fret on not being full ascended at 80. You can get by with just exotics. Ascended and legendary are really long term goals
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post

How much time does that take in terms of actual play time to make one? (farming and such all considered)

How much time does that take in terms of actual play time to make one? (farming and such all considered)
    It depends on your luck with a precursor. They are all different because you can make some precursors now. Think of a legendary more as a goal (the same with ascended weapons and armor) rather than something that you need for later in the game. In WOW, the legendary is something that you almost need for raiding. In GW2, it's the ultimate achievement, almost like finishing a raid tier on HC.

10+ Year Old Account
    I almost dropped $200 a couple years ago to buy Eternity.

Still might at some point as I only play greatsword specs on warrior, necro, and gaurdian.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Your credit card is the fastest way. Personally Bifrost (legendary staff) cost me $140 a few years ago. I had some of the mats already though and I got a really good Chinese deal. Not sure how much they go for these days if you go the gem (cash shop) route.

10+ Year Old Account
    In my opinion the best way to get the weapon quickly is from bitterfrost berry farming, get tier 6 mats, sell them and you get around 20g after doing berries with 3 characters (like 20g/hr, maybe more), with a few days you'll get enough for a precursorfor you to begin your journey, another way (which idk if it is more expensive nowadays) is starting your precursor "quest" for it C:
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35