Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gonzajd777 View Post
    my opinion: it's a good trinket? yes, its the best? i dont think so, i think "best" is relative to every encounter
    maybe good for guardian or dk... i prefer trinkets like Recompiled guardian Module from Maiden, the Glaves from sisters or even a dps trinket like Engine of eradication (for the mastery and ocasionallly strength buff). if you are lucky enough get this shit from Mythic Writhing Heart of Darkness.
    Actually the tank that gets the least value out of DM:I is a guardian druid, because they can actually hit armor cap with or without it. Most value is probably gained by Monks and DKs.

Whether it is the "best" depends on a lot of things, mainly what fight are we talking about and what externals do you have access to. I wouldn't run DM:I if I was tanking the spirit realm on Desolate Host, but on other fights it's great. DM:I and Writhing Heart are the best overall damage reduction trinkets, where DM:I only works on physical damage and WHoD only works on things you are actually hitting. Recompiled Guardian Module looks like hot garbage tbh, you are probably better off equipping cake from Trilliax and planting it in melee. The numbers on that thing look well shit.
    Engine depends on you actually getting the orbs to prolong it, so I think it is pretty weak on tanks, you are probably better off using Memento or something like it.

Quote Originally Posted by McJiggles View Post
    I think what he is getting at is if you look at where you are which is 50% reduction. Going from 50% to 56% reduction is 12%less physical dmg of what you are taking. 100dmg with 50% redution means you take 50. 100dmg with 56% reduction you take 44.
    44/50 = .88. So you are taking 88% of the damage that you were. every 1% armor you gain is more beneficial than your last 1%.
    certainly this is true but, 1% means a bigger armor amount that the previus 1%... it is kind silly use that mesure becose it is a cost /profit decission.
    For sure, more %% of mitigation is better than less but... how many of that is needed to get 1% extra.

when you pick DM:I or Feverish Caparace (armor trinkets) you lost the another trinkets maybe better.

for this reason when you argue something like 2k armor is better, that other statistic , should compare both amount , not the winning of the mitigation from 50% to 56% reduction.

armor lost eficiency from the begginning... from the first armor point... in some point to get 1% of physical damage reduction requieres a lot of armor...this is a problem when you should decide between 2 trikets... becouse there is a lot of other trinkets with more efectives statistic or efects .
    Same with crit where the lost of efficient is way more faster, but under 13% is still an appreciated stat for parry

i insist that we should compare 2k armor that means 6% extra reduction against ... lets say a trinket with 2k vers that means 2,1% all damage reduction and 4,2% extra damage, and 4,2% extra healing.... jsut making numbers on the fly but very closer, lets say there is not a trinket with 2k vers.. but maybe 1,2 and some efect.
    and Versatility has no DR at all.. every point is as good as the previus one
    Last edited by gonzajd777; 2017-08-11 at 07:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gonzajd777 View Post
    i insist that we should compare 2k armor that means 6% extra reduction against ... lets say a trinket with 2k vers that means 2,1% all damage reduction and 4,2% extra damage, and 4,2% extra healing.... jsut making numbers on the fly but very closer, lets say there is not a trinket with 2k vers.. but maybe 1,2 and some efect. and Versatility has no DR at all.. every point is as good as the previus one
    I don't think you quite get it. Assume a boss hits you for 100 damage, you have 8000 armor, that is 52% damage reduction. So the boss will hit you for 48 damage. Let's assume DMI gives you 1500 armor on average, that puts you at 56% damage reduction. So the boss hits you for 44 damage. This gives you a net reduction of 4/48 * 100 = 8.33%. To get an equivalent reduction in damage from a versatility stat stick you would need 8.33 * 950 = 7913 versatility (475 is 1% damage and healing, need 950 for 1% damage reduction). I don't know about you but I have yet to find a trinket that gives me that much versatility. So yes, for sustained physical damage the DMI is by far better than any other trinket out there.
    Last edited by gehaktmolen; 2017-08-12 at 01:00 PM.

You don't need that trinket.

you don't need current set, the bonus is complete junk.,

get gear with haste/mastery.

my current setup puts me at 923 ilvl, 28% haste / 66% Mastery.

crit block everything...
    CDs anything annoying....like felclaws.

my damage taken is normally 10-15% lower than most tanks, always.

Deleted
    You don't need that trinket.
    Ofc you don't but it's still the best trinket out there
    you don't need current set, the bonus is complete junk.,
    No it isn't. Rage injection on low CD is allways good
    get gear with haste/mastery.
    Correct
    my current setup puts me at 923 ilvl, 28% haste / 66% Mastery.
    933, 33% haste, 52% mastery
    crit block everything...
    CDs anything annoying....like felclaws.
    Partially true, Ignore Pain is still very powerfull tool when used smart. Whole set of Felclaws hits me for like 2-3 mil in total if I do everything correct
    my damage taken is normally 10-15% lower than most tanks, always.
    Then you're doing something wrong unless you're on Harjatan...
    I usually take 40 - 50% less damage than our bear