Question about Hood of Eternal Disdain

Does the leggo helm make Agony tick 10% faster or just ramp-up 10% faster? I am just curious because so many ppl says its BiS.
    Last edited by apluscarp; 2017-08-02 at 03:28 PM.

It's the same thing - every time Agony ticks it goes up a stack. So it makes Agony tick faster, thus making it ramp up faster.

They could have worded the tooltip differently ><

It is certainly one of the "best" legendary items for affliction but it wont necessarily be "BIS" for everyone and of course it can vary fight-to-fight/player preference. You can get solid results with a variety of legendary combinations. In my experience, I seem to wear it less at this point in time due to my specific gear allocation. I am hoping to get mythic tier legs/chest from Mistress/Maiden so I can swap items around more freely...

Quote Originally Posted by App View Post
    It's the same thing - every time Agony ticks it goes up a stack. So it makes Agony tick faster, thus making it ramp up faster.
    This is a bit misleading. While yes, in essence it ramps up faster - Agony just ticks 10% faster period.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by apluscarp View Post
    Does the leggo helm make Agony tick 10% faster or just ramp-up 10% faster? I am just curious because so many ppl says its BiS.
    Yes to both, your 18s dot becomes a 16.4s dot so it does the full damage faster therefore ramps faster also.

It's still and extremely powerful legendary for single target still simming the highest when paired with the belt however with itemisation of our T20 and having alot vers on other pieces combinations without the helm are very close behind.

When it comes to multiple target you would think the helm would be the big dick player in terms of what should be a no brainer pick, it however is not. This is due to the above issue with itemisation and mastery inflating greatly when you have more than one target to dot up. Also taking into account encounter mechanics is a big big factor in what leggo to pick and not just blindly following the sims i.e sacrolash is super strong on 2 of the TOS fights while appearing middle of the pack in sims.

The helm is not as powerful as it was but for sure any fights with adds that live long enough it is a very stable and reliable leggo to have since its good for ST as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    works like the class trinket from hfc. dot duration is reduced so it does the same amount of damage over a shorter period.

agony goes from about 18sec duration to 16sec with the same amount of ticks, so more ticks =more soul shard procs = more dmg

is the hood worth losing 4piece ToS set for?
    It dropped for me last night, and while i could probably keep my 4p it would mean a fairly significant ilvl drop in another slot so im kind of hesitant.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shodan30 View Post
    It dropped for me last night, and while i could probably keep my 4p it would mean a fairly significant ilvl drop in another slot so im kind of hesitant.
    in my eyes 4p t20 outweighs the helm, just use netherlord ring and belt/prydaz depending on st or aoe and youre golden.

hah...ring and belt do not like to drop for me. Took me this long to get the helm. I had an ungodly length of bad luck with leggo drops, getting almost every neutral warlock leggo before a single affliction one dropped for me.

Currently im using master harvester and sephuz. will likely replace the sephuz for the helm. The way my luck is going The next leggo to drop for me will likely be Stretin's, pillars, or sacrolish (or all three in that order) before i see the belt or the netherlord ring.

Deleted
    Depends on what other leggos you have and the stat shift around with changing bits of gear.

Short answer is Sim yourself because the 4p is strong as well and probably not worth giving up if you have other leggos to compensate.

No, honestly. The fact the helm takes up a tier slot reduces the value a lot.

Belt/ring are hands down the best single target combo, in no small part because it allows you to use 2pc t19.

If you don't have 2pc t19, I guess using the helm would be good.

You should probably run sims though.
    Last edited by asil; 2017-09-27 at 11:18 PM.

Not worth losing 4 piece for, but there are 2 other slots for tier. So for example say you had a normal tier chest, you could swap that in so you could wear the helm. It's pretty easy to get all 6 slots of tier.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by asil View Post
    No, honestly. The fact the helm takes up a tier slot reduces the value a lot.

Belt/ring are hands down the best single target combo, in no small part because it allows you to use 2pc t19.

If you don't have 2pc t19, I guess using the helm would be good.

You should probably run sims though.
    Not really. It's just secondary stats. Say you have the robes from Harj which are the best chest piece from ToS, and you are wearing 4 pieces of tier. Now, if you have the tier robe, you could swap that in. Because a 915 Harj robe and a 915 tier robe are going to be close in value. At this point, it's only going to be a few hundred dps difference. That's almost negligible.