Nighthold titanforged cap

I'm a ww monk and currently you need the 2 piece tier 19 and 4 piece tier 20 for the maximum output damage, so with that said I can't afford to have 2 slots at 905 while my other items are 920+. I was wondering since the new patch if the loot is able to scale up to 940 from mythic nighthold or even heroic.

Quote Originally Posted by Gieve View Post
    I'm a ww monk and currently you need the 2 piece tier 19 and 4 piece tier 20 for the maximum output damage, so with that said I can't afford to have 2 slots at 905 while my other items are 920+. I was wondering since the new patch if the loot is able to scale up to 940 from mythic nighthold or even heroic.
    nighthold loot can titanforge up to 955, just like every other item in the game

Deleted
    Every single item that drops as "+" (i.e., eligible for war/titanforging) can do so to the max ilvl in game. At the moment, that is 955.

So technically, you could get a 955 out of a random hero. Only the chances of that are so minimal that it rarely ever happens.

The wonders of Titanforging strikes again - Legion's best system. Yes you can get 955 items from Heroic and Mythic NH, and .... from normal too!

Quote Originally Posted by Adlian View Post
    The wonders of Titanforging strikes again - Legion's best system. Yes you can get 955 items from Heroic and Mythic NH, and .... from normal too!
    You forgot about LFR

Deleted
    While everything said here is true, having two set pieces 15 ilvl behind is fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait- what? You can get (If you're that lucky) 955ilvl gear from NH LFR?! That is fucking retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    Wait- what? You can get (If you're that lucky) 955ilvl gear from NH LFR?! That is fucking retarded.
    ye and also you can win few milion of euro in lotto - ye shocking i know - yet somehow dont see people complaining that thats retarded even though both have more or less same chance of happening

uncapped TF is the main reason i quit raiding halfway through M NH, and is the main reason why, unless it's changed, nothing will ever bring be back to WoW again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    ye and also you can win few milion of euro in lotto - ye shocking i know - yet somehow dont see people complaining that thats retarded even though both have more or less same chance of happening
    I'm pretty sure there's more chance of an item forging to 955 than winning the lottery.
    Oh and by the way, I wasn't complaining. I personally don't care about it. I just think It's a stupid idea and I didn't know that expressing your opinion on these forums is now labelled as "complaining"?

welcome to legion rng, do enjoy your stay

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    Better analogy would be if lottery was the only means to make living (=there is no way around it) and it would have different tiers depending on how much money (or time, w/e) you want to invest. Better tier has better chances but the almost free lowest tier has a chance aswell, regardless of the odds. As a personal anecdote, I've seen plenty of people getting 900+ ilvl stuff from LFR which shouldn't happen. My alts have gotten 915 items from old places which just feels plain retarded because all they will ever do is LFR and having those items mean that new tier's normal raid is pretty irrelevant apart from tier/trinkets. But then again, you've time and time again proven to be a complete monkey, so why do I even bother replying you?
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Nobody is stopping you to play Elemental casually during questing or raiding #1000 with your disabled mage friends.

Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    uncapped TF is the main reason i quit raiding halfway through M NH, and is the main reason why, unless it's changed, nothing will ever bring be back to WoW again.
    It is capped, though. And the odds of a dirty casual obtaining a higher ilvl than you while you toil away in Mythic is very, very low. But you do you.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Deleted
    can confirm, guildmember got 935 head token from elisande mythic

I ran into a warrior with 4pc NH tier at 930-940ish ilvl on the pieces. Jealous times. I'd love to have extended BC window again

I'm pretty sure there's more chance of an item forging to 955 than winning the lottery.
    Oh and by the way, I wasn't complaining. I personally don't care about it. I just think It's a stupid idea and I didn't know that expressing your opinion on these forums is now labelled as "complaining"?
    Winning Powerball is 1 in 292 million.

Having an item Roll from 855 to 955 (assuming a 33% chance per level - which is an overestimation by Blizzard's own admission), is roughly 1 in 3 billion.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Deleted
    People complaining about titanforged drops are ignorants... no surprise there, most people have no clue at all about statistics and assume wrong things, which is also why so many idiots spend so much money on lotteries and such random games that are almost impossible to win and where the only winner is the country gettin safe taxes from them.

I can understans top world guilds whining about TF because, yeah, if you're lucky you can actually get a good advantage in itemlevel, and when the skill is almost even even few levels make a big difference. and beside, even if you dont get lucky, you can still buy accounts from other players that got lucky.

But for everyone else like us, TF means nothing. What people dont get is that the chances are so small that its pointless. Its not like farming the isle for the chances to get an arcanocrystal trinket, that's something you could actually do and farm because 1/1.3% drop is actually manageable. the chances to run old content in the hope you get an item higher than 40+ levels than average are so low that anyone farming that with that intent is just stupid. you can farm for ap, for legendaries, thats it, but if you farm hoping for crazy TF then you're just delusional, like poor people spending money in lotteries in the hope that will fix their life.
    Last edited by mmoca542e793be; 2017-08-03 at 05:50 AM.

That depends on what kind of item you are talking about. The lower the item, the harder it gets, obviously. NH LFR was 860, so that would be 95 level of titanforging, or 19 steps. Even at a 25% chance for each +5 step, that would be such a miniscule chance that winning the lottery does become more likely - and the chance is likely far lower then 25%, even if we don't know exact numbers.