What do you think about video games about High School?

I got Surviving High School on my 3DS. I finished the Football Season episode and I thought it was like a cheesy Freddie Prinze Jr movie! I made the football team, got the girl, got the sports car, a 3.7 GPA, and became homecoming king.

http://kotaku.com/5868250/high-schoo...games-about-it

What do you think about video games about High School? Would you play a game in that setting? Should there be more games like that?

If the game isn't called Bully or Persona probably not.

Cause it will end up like some cringe fest such as Life is Strange which you can tell was written by some old french dude that has no idea what american youth actually acts like.

Sure, I enjoy Yandere Simulator.

The highly anticipated Trails of Cold Steel PC port launched on Steam today, and I'm right now about to play it. Just finished installing a couple minutes ago. It takes place in a steampunk world on the edge of a french revoluton (peasants overthrowing aristocracy in the name of FREEDOM but only endless bloodshed ensues). You play as a young student at a military academy. Please note that Durante - yes, THE Peter Durante Thoman - ported the game, and an additional 5000 voice lines were recorded just for the PC port.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    The highly anticipated Trails of Cold Steel PC port launched on Steam today, and I'm right now about to play it. Just finished installing a couple minutes ago. It takes place in a steampunk world on the edge of a french revoluton (peasants overthrowing aristocracy in the name of FREEDOM but only endless bloodshed ensues). You play as a young student at a military academy. Please note that Durante - yes, THE Peter Durante Thoman - ported the game, and an additional 5000 voice lines were recorded just for the PC port.
    And Turbo Mode, shit is hype. It's a good port from what I've seen. I have the first two games on PS3, but I'm probably going to end up playing them on PC since the experience is just going to be so much better with higher framerates and much improved visuals. Not to mention all the other goodies like extra voice lines and shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does Bully count?

Its forever in my backlog but the little that I did play was awesome.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    And Turbo Mode, shit is hype. It's a good port from what I've seen. I have the first two games on PS3, but I'm probably going to end up playing them on PC since the experience is just going to be so much better with higher framerates and much improved visuals. Not to mention all the other goodies like extra voice lines and shit.
    I'm five hours, and I'm absolutely loving Trails of Cold Steel! I haven't enjoyed a singleplayer game this much since... wow, last year's Banner Saga 2. The story is pretty interesting (Cold Steel is a trilogy of games that basically follows your typical shounen story path: starts off light hearted with the young heroes meeting each other and training their superpowers/magic/mecha piloting skills/whatever while the big evil plot slowly builds in the background before eventually something really big happens and our heroes embark on massive adventure to save the world. Trails of Cold Steel focuses on just the lighthearted build up part, with the sequel going full adventure/serious story). I haven't played a game that made me genuinely laugh out loud as much as I did today since Valkyria Chronicles.

Turbo mode is a god-send, and the game looks pretty good! Running on max settings (including Durante's new graphical additions for the PC port), and haven't encounter ANY framerate drops or crashes during my five hours so far. Impressive! The new dialogue made the game even more immersive.

Sara Veilstein has got to be one of my most favorite fictional teachers ever, and I mean she's up there with Kakashi! Darn woman, she's amazing!

Miss-student-council-president-kun is without a doubt, THE best girl of this game. My choice has been made for me...

I love how Jusis is a pretty friendly and humble noble, but he plays up the arrogant-entitled-prince stereotype just to mess with Machias.

Gaius is such a bro! *fistbumps*

What I think of them is that they're for kids in high school. Or those fresh out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    If the game isn't called Bully or Persona probably not.

Cause it will end up like some cringe fest such as Life is Strange which you can tell was written by some old french dude that has no idea what american youth actually acts like.
    Aww, and I was going to buy this game tomorrow. Reviews for it aren't bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    Aww, and I was going to buy this game tomorrow. Reviews for it aren't bad.
    A lot of people like the game, it probably has good things about it.

I just couldn't get past the writing which thinks american teenagers are internet memelords when in reality that would only be a small clique of outcasts at any high school in america.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    A lot of people like the game, it probably has good things about it.

I just couldn't get past the writing which thinks american teenagers are internet memelords when in reality that would only be a small clique of outcasts at any high school in america.
    To be fair, it does take place at an art school.

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    To be fair, it does take place at an art school.
    It's not an art school, it's a private academy. It's rich kids, and poor kids good enough to get scholarships(be it for athletics, academics or the arts).