Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Deleted

I Cant Wait For the Raiding Scene To Die

Maybe then the MMO genre will evolve.

Just think about it.
    Where would we be today if "raids" were no longer the pillar of the MMO genre?
    Dont get me wrong, i like raids but do they really have to be the highest point of a MMO?
    Why are all MMO's centered around this idea that "raids" need to be the pillar of everything?

So much wasted potential on a open world genre and we have to accept that the highest point of it is "raids"...pisses me off.

If you are reading this and you like raiding then i'm sorry. I would be mad if someone else said the same thing about PvP.
    But man, seriously, it really makes me salty that "raiding" is considered the highest pinnacle of gameplay in MMO's.

An MMO is a genre of endless possibilities.
    Guilds of players could take over the open world.
    I could be a "wanted" criminal for killing other players and having a price on my head.

I dont know what the future of MMO's is but "raids" is not it.

Just another day waiting for the MMO genre to evolve. Nothing new here.

there are plenty of other MMO style games that cater to what you're looking for, do some research

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    I could be a "wanted" criminal for killing other players and having a price on my head.
    There are other MMOs that already do these things, go play them.

Stop trying to make the game change to fit you, go find a game that already does, there are several.

Raids are the "high end" in most MMOs, because, logically, the most difficult content that requires the most cohesion among players and coordination gives the best rewards... The only way to make raids not be the high end is to remove raids, and that will just make a whole lot of people quit.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2018-02-16 at 04:43 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

15+ Year Old Account
    Group play will always be the thing to do in MMO's. Raid is the bigger group thing so it won't really die. The only thing that might change is how they handle groups.

15+ Year Old Account
    Everything being open world isn't really an evolution, many MMOs were like that before WoW existed. EQ, FFXI, etc.
    Last edited by Moxal; 2018-02-16 at 04:41 AM.
    Mistweaver Monk | Holy Priest

well, it isnt happeneing anytime soon. /shrug

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    There are other MMOs that already do these things, go play them.
    Yes, MMO's with gameplay or graphics that make my eyes bleed --__--
    And thats a maybe.
    What other MMOs are you talking about?

Or you just said that for the lolz?

After 4.7K posts, OP makes a post that gets immediately refuted in every way in the first 4 responses...

I can only imagine how insightful those 4.7K former passages were...

10+ Year Old Account
    So wait, you don't want large group content to be the BIG content in a game that's literally designed around large groups of people playing together which is by definition what makes it an MMO?

Honestly if you want a game that's more centered on PvP being the end game play ESO or Guild Wars, there are a few others out there but for the most part MMORPGs are all about a big bad that needs to go down and needing large groups of people for it. It's been like that since RPGs were still table top only games and games like Ultima Online only made the concept of a "raid" stronger.

A side note about the "future" of MMOs, there isn't one, it's a dieing breed of gaming for 1 reason, time. People don't have the kind of time anymore to dedicate to a game which is why games types such as MoBAs and FPS shooters are still doing so well, they don't NEED 2-3 hours to complete an objective, only 30min-1hour most of the time.

The whole point of MMORPGs is that their fucking huge. They have all different kinds of gameplay. MMOs are suppose to have open world, raids, dungeons, etc. There’s suppose to be all kinds of things to do. Why would you not want raids in an MMO? That’s insanely stupid because a large majority enjoys them.

There are plenty of MMORPGs that focus solely on open world and there’s a reason they aren’t doing so well. However, you can go ahead and spend your time on those MMOs instead.

Just think about it.
    Dont get me wrong, i like raids but do they really have to be the highest point of a MMO?
    Why are all MMO's centered around this idea that "raids" need to be the pillar of everything?

So much wasted potential on a open world genre and we have to accept that the highest point of it is "raids"...pisses me off.

If you are reading this and you like raiding then i'm sorry. I would be mad if someone else said the same thing about PvP.
    But man, seriously, it really makes me salty that "raiding" is considered the highest pinnacle of gameplay in MMO's.

Other games do this, it doesn't bring players back its a nice visit its entertaining for a while, but you don't understand what you want, once you get it you wont really be happy with it.
    Dragonflight Nerfs vs fun again show a Blizzard that hasn't learnt a lesson, Actions speak louder than words afterall watch what they do and do not do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, MMO's with gameplay or graphics that make my eyes bleed
    Sounds like a you problem, mate. WoW shouldn't conform to your standards just because the other options aren't graphically appealing to you.

What other MMOs are you talking about?
    Archeage and Black Desert spring to mind immediately. Neither one has "eye bleed" graphics, some might consider their graphics better than WoW's actually (because they aren't "cartoony"), Archeage's gameplay mechanics are very similar to WoW's, and both have what you are looking for.

Go play them and leave WoW alone. The problem with the system you are looking for is it doesn't retain many players. It's been done before, several times, in several variations, people don't like it very much outside of an extreme minority.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2018-02-16 at 04:48 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Just think about it.

I recommend Runescape(Both OSRS and RS3) for you, it has raiding now but it isn't end all be all endgame. There is a crap ton of different endgame activity's.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Pvp is boring i havent touched it in legion and ive been glad before super easy find 2 people and then play the top comp ive also done high end raiding both of them is a dying concept. Raiding is not the future but small group content is like mythic+ majority of players do not want raids as they are now where you have to commit to a schedule.

WoW stopped innovating or stealing good ideas from other games. I said for years that the only thing that will kill WoW is itself and that is happening.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Go play them and leave WoW alone.
    This mentality is what keeps the genre from evolving.

"leave WoW alone"
    "nothing needs to change"

10+ Year Old Account
    This mentality is what keeps the genre from evolving.

"leave WoW alone"
    "nothing needs to change"

Nice mentality man
    You are talking about "evolving" to something that has been tried, and has failed every time... That's not an evolution, evolution implies improvement, if it has failed every time, it's not an improvement.

The genre can evolve just fine if WoW doesn't change, know why? WOW'S NOT THE ONLY GOD DAMNED MMO. If WoW doesn't give you what you like LOOK somewhere ELSE.

I just gave you two games that do what you are looking for, go frekin play them, if you're still interested in it after 2 years, come back and tell us all about your experience and use that experience to argue for why it should come to WoW, I doubt you will be, it gets old fast for most people. You will either enjoy it, in which case, you can stay there, or you will realize it is stupid and doesn't work very well, and come back to WoW's style.

There is a reason WoW doesn't do much innovation, they wait for others to make the stupid risks first, if they work out, they usually adopt it, if it fails, they don't, and what you are suggesting has been tried repeatedly and has not worked out on a large scale once.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2018-02-16 at 04:58 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanthoris View Post
    A side note about the "future" of MMOs, there isn't one, it's a dieing breed of gaming for 1 reason, time. People don't have the kind of time anymore to dedicate to a game which is why games types such as MoBAs and FPS shooters are still doing so well, they don't NEED 2-3 hours to complete an objective, only 30min-1hour most of the time.
    I refuse to believe that...MMO's are only a dying breed because they REFUSE to evolve.
    If what it needs to evolve into is activities that dont take a lot of time then be it.

But i refuse to believe MMO's are a dying breed.

Definitely would've died by now if wowprogress/wowlogs rankings didn't exist. Human nature to compare ourselves is OP

Stop playing wow clones and you will get what you are looking for.

Could start with black desert, certainly not perfect but far better combat and a living world compared to wow.