Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Zhuge Liang looks great this time. Wonder if this is a sign that Sima Yi will get his DW4 helmet back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Wonder if this is a sign that Sima Yi will get his DW4 helmet back.
    It's looking very possible. Zhuge Liang AND Lu Xun have had their hats returned.

Fingers crossed we'll also see my girl Xing Cai get her fork back!
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    I hope so too. She had a really satisfying moveset in 5.

I hope Sima Yi has a bigger role in general this time. 8 had him in a weird place IIRC, I remember him not really showing up until super late in Wei's story mode (ceding his main strategist role to Jia Xu and some other dude) but also dying super early on in Jin's one. I like Shi and Zhao well enough but I've always loved Yi.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    I hope so too. She had a really satisfying moveset in 5.
    Indeed, she's been my favourite Shu character, and a top three overall since her intro, but her DW5 moveset was her most satisfying to play.

Although in terms of pure power, her insane WO3 moveset was the best, with the autoblock on basic attack passive... who the fuck thought that was a good idea? XD

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's looking very possible. Zhuge Liang AND Lu Xun have had their hats returned.

I hope she does. Only reason I don't play her anymore. Stupid sword/shield bleh

7+ Year Old Account
    When would this be released?

7+ Year Old Account
    I like that they are going back on Xu Zhu(Wei).
    7 and 8 just had him look like a completely fat man child, it was pretty horrible
    9 still has him being fat but you can tell him has a slightly more muscular tone that would help explain his strength.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, it seems that Lu Lingqi will be using a sword and shield, instead of that... Thing, she used in 8.

Zhang Fei is going back to using his old spear, instead of the double glaive

the Qiao sisters have gone back to duel fans, instead of Da's double sticks and Xiao's single fan

I'm not saying they're going that Xing Cai is going to go back to her fork... But it DOES seem like they're giving characters their OG weapons back.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, it seems that Lu Lingqi will be using a sword and shield, instead of that... Thing, she used in 8.

Zhang Fei is going back to using his old spear, instead of the double glaive

the Qiao sisters have gone back to duel fans, instead of Da's double sticks and Xiao's single fan

I'm not saying they're going that Xing Cai is going to go back to her fork... But it DOES seem like they're giving characters their OG weapons back.
    Could be just placeholders(sword/shield) as during the video where they were fighting Diaochan she had a sword instead of a whip. I don't watch any spoilery vids for DW9 so I don't know if said sword/shield is confirmed or not lol
    Last edited by Slirith; 2017-08-12 at 04:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slirith View Post
    Could be just placeholders(sword/shield) as during the video where they were fighting Diaochan she had a sword instead of a whip. I don't watch any spoilery vids for DW9 so I don't know if said sword/shield is confirmed or not lol
    No, this is from the official character art they released on Facebook, comparing the models from DW8 and DW9. Lingqi is 100% confirmed to be using a Sword and Board in DW9.

Deleted
    I'm a fan of the series. DW8XL was the pinnacle of the series.

I was and still am a bit excited about DW9, but after seeing gameplay i'm alsoextremely worried. The battles in DW usually have a flow to them with several events happening wich you can or must react to and the forces are dynamic in the map according to the action you took.

In the gameplay of DW9, all i see are soldiers in neat squares doing little but stand there and the officers just grappling hook their way in and wrecking havoc + opening the gate to what is also a very static force.

In short, i'm worried that while the scale will increase, the quality of the content will drop. But it's still only 50% done. They can still improve it.

Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    Why would you want that? They completely butchered the PC port for Dynasty Warriors 8 and shoved a ridiculous amount of "DLC" into it.
    What? The DW8XL:CE port played better than my DW8 did on console, SW4-2 played almost flawlessly (I only had minor issues when the screen was entirely fire, like the Azai Castle), as did SW: Spirit of Sanada (No issues what so ever, even on fire castles). I did hear bad things about Tokoiuden(?), but then I wasn't a fan of the premise of the game.

The DLC point is fair though, but then they also had a fuck ton of DLC on DW7 and that was console specific. At this point, the DLC is just something that's always going to exist with DW, because so many people badgered them in the past to "add DWx costumes!" so they did and then put a price tag on it. The only issue I have with the DLC is the weapons and mounts, from memory SW4-2 was substantially more enjoyable once I caved and bought the mount DLC simply because the baseline mounts were god awful, and you were still required to charge through many enemies which end up stopping your horse every 5 or 6 hits.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been a fan of the Dynasty Warriors since DW 2 was just a demo. I was hooked right away. Played the demo over and over it was so fun. Ever since then I bought every one of them, DW 2-8. The only one I didn't like at all was DW 6. They ruined my favorite characters like Xiahou Dun by giving him some slow pole-mace weapon and there were fewer modes to play compared to the ones before it. I remember being super disappointed when I played it. It was the only one I traded in I still have all the others.

I never really bought those Xtreme Editions or Empires ones mainly because the base game was good enough for me. Only ones I did buy were DW 6 Empires (mainly for the create a character feature) and DW 8 Xtreme Legends complete edition and I got that one on Steam. I gotta say though the new characters they add are really cool in DW 8 so I might buy into it whenever they do it for DW 9.

Which brings me to this beauty. DW 9 looks amazing. It looks like a real battlefield now instead of a stage. Really excited for this. Can't wait to play as my favorites again, Xiahou Dun and Jiang Wei.

Deleted

7+ Year Old Account
    Bit of an old one but I don't want to create a new thread to discuss this.
    Looks like this will be releasing in Feb 2018 for Japan, could see a US release a few months after.
    Most of the character designs are out save a handful. Most of them seem pretty solid
    A problem I keep reading about is the anger within the fan base about the cloned weapons which I can understand.
    DLC might have a heavy influence on the game right from the start.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    A problem I keep reading about is the anger within the fan base about the cloned weapons which I can understand.
    Yeah, the DW9 FB page is SALTY as fuck, whenever a new character design was released, revealing another inevitable clone moveset, you'd see the same arguement in the comments:

"OMG, another fucking clone, GG Koei, not getting this game now"
    "OMFG, noob, Koei have said that although there are cloned weapons, the movesets will be unique!"
    "OMMFG, Nooblord, they said that before, they just mean that the EX move and Musou will be unique, but the attack and charge attacks will be clones"
    "OMFBBQG, Godking of Nooblords, just because that happened before, doesn't mean itll happen this time!"

Repeat ad infinitum.

From what I can see, it looks like the majority of work has been spent on making the open world stuff work. I wouldn't be surprised if they DO have a lot of cloned movesets, and then DWX has the same open world, AND all unique moves. Tends to be the pattern with DW games.

and tbh, my girl Xing Cai still has her sword and board, so I couldn't care less.

Dynasty Warriors 9

I loved playing Dynasty Warriors games back on PS2. So apparently they're making a new one for PS4.

Gameplay looks almost the same but it's a DW game after all [/QUOTE]

thanks for It

10+ Year Old Account
    So i'm going ... Raise the Thread up a bit.

first of

Second: Dynasty Warriors 9 comes out on the 13th February 2018 for PC Steam, PS4 & Xbox One.

No Tusk Club.

I was really worried when I saw Xu Shu was getting the General's Sword instead of his sword and hook but watching the trailer he actually looks really similar to his DW8 style. I know they've tried to condense the weapons while also retaining the characters' styles so hopefully they've done well.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

The game looks awesome, but I don't know if I will get it or not. No multiplayer really kills any enthusiasm for this. I loved playing the previous versions with my father (3, 4, 5, and 8. 6 sucked and didn't have a PS3 for 7), and looked forward to playing this with him when I heard about it. But no co-op, more than likely means no buy.