Rate my build, Please

With help from Thunderball and my buddy in California, I have put together what looks like my final build, pending a decision on which watercooler to buy.

Please rate

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 1700 3.0GHz 8-Core Processor ($289.88 @ OutletPC)
    Motherboard: MSI - B350 TOMAHAWK ATX AM4 Motherboard ($81.98 @ Newegg)
    Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($150.88 @ OutletPC)
    Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($178.05 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($79.99 @ Amazon)
    Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB G1 Gaming Video Card ($519.99 @ Newegg)
    Case: Phanteks - Enthoo Pro M Tempered Glass ATX Mid Tower Case ($99.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($72.98 @ Newegg)
    Total: $1473.74
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-08-02 23:15 EDT-0400

7+ Year Old Account
    Looks like a little beast. Personally, I would go for a AX370 board just for a little OC headroom, perhaps upped the PSU just a wee bit just in case, not that you're anywhere near dangerous Watt usage on that. It looks like a great setup!

I went with Ryzen 5 1600 and added an Corsair H60 on it to cool it. It's stable as heck, even at 4Ghz, Between 25-30 degrees celcius on idle, and never seen it jump higher than 60 under load when playing on it, or multitasking.

For your setup, I don't know what limit you are willing to put out on the watercooler, but if you're looking for a good entry watercooling for your CPU, perhaps the Corsair H100i.

I paid $45 for essentially the same MOBO as you (I think mine is better?), but since I don't know your location...I guess it doesn't matter.

Without knowing what you're using the computer for, I'd say it's a good build. I think your CPU comes with a cooler so, but getting a liquid cooler is fine too.

If you can spend an extra $12, getting a 650W Power Supply could be nice too.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Mind explaining why?

Also your same motherboard is currently $100.

Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo X View Post
    Mind explaining why?
    Just some extra Wattage in case he ever adds some more drives or LEDs or something. He didn't really describe what the build is for, but looking at the 1080 and the total price, it's probably gaming. The case is a nice one too so LEDs could look cool. I would trick that bitch out.

Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo X View Post
    Also your same motherboard is currently $100.
    Yeah it is...but I bought most of my parts from Micro Center and they had bundle deals if you bought the CPU + MOBO from them.

Coincidentally it doesn't seem like this week is a good deal, so I won't link their ad. Maybe next week will be better? The CPU and MOBO (well, for my MOBO, the B350 PLUS) is $369 (including 8.63% NY sales tax) this week, compared to the $372 PC Part Picker has listed. It's a marginal difference. If it was a good sales week, then the MOBO could've been $20-25 cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    I paid $45 for essentially the same MOBO as you (I think mine is better?), but since I don't know your location...I guess it doesn't matter.

Without knowing what you're using the computer for, I'd say it's a good build. I think your CPU comes with a cooler so, but getting a liquid cooler is fine too.

I live in Northwest Washington, no where near a Micro Center and its a 3+ hour drive to Frys

Quote Originally Posted by HasturTheKing View Post
    Looks like a little beast. Personally, I would go for a AX370 board just for a little OC headroom, perhaps upped the PSU just a wee bit just in case, not that you're anywhere near dangerous Watt usage on that. It looks like a great setup!

I went with Ryzen 5 1600 and added an Corsair H60 on it to cool it. It's stable as heck, even at 4Ghz, Between 25-30 degrees celcius on idle, and never seen it jump higher than 60 under load when playing on it, or multitasking.

For your setup, I don't know what limit you are willing to put out on the watercooler, but if you're looking for a good entry watercooling for your CPU, perhaps the Corsair H100i.
    I updated my build with a 650w PSU, I have never OC'd so I am curious as to where there may be a write up for OC a Ryzen. Thanks for the suggestion for the AX370 board, I didn't even consider Gigabyte in my MB search, but since I will only be using 1 gpu, wouldnt B350 be better ? If so I will be switching to https://pcpartpicker.com/product/2pn...ab350-gaming-3
    Last edited by wcshadow; 2017-08-03 at 08:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wcshadow View Post
    I live in Northwest Washington, no where near a Micro Center and its a 3+ hour drive to Frys

I updated my build with a 650w PSU, I have never OC'd so I am curious as to where there may be a write up for OC a Ryzen. Thanks for the suggestion for the AX370 board, I didn't even consider Gigabyte in my MB search, but since I will only be using 1 gpu, wouldnt B350 be better ? If so I will be switching to https://pcpartpicker.com/product/2pn...ab350-gaming-3
    If you were using a 1600 instead, the b350 would be more than sufficient. Since your using the 1700, you will want the higher end boards when doing high overclocks (bordering instability) as you will get more headroom. If your only going to put a moderate overclock on it (3.7 or 3.8Ghz) a b350 should be fine. as for the larger supply get https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...E&gclsrc=aw.ds or something like it. Running a supply at full load gold rated will only get a 2-4% efficiency increase over a bronze rated at closer to 60 or 70%. Also, no real point in fully modular. They are nice, but your not making cable management all that much easier. A Semi-modular should do the trick and this supply is 7$ cheaper.