Page 1 of 10
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Testing 7.3 Frost dk

    Holy shit have any of you played dk on the ptr? Its so fucking powerful now its crazy fun
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    Imagine being dumb enough to make this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    I have a life.

  2. #2
    Anecdotal comment is anecdotal.

  3. #3
    Field Marshal Judgey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by Divinexve View Post
    Holy shit have any of you played dk on the ptr? Its so fucking powerful now its crazy fun
    Any numbers / videos? I never play the ptr (barely have time to play live).

    Will it be good for frost PvP too? I've started invested AP in frost and trying to get a legendary for it.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Koochulu View Post
    Anecdotal comment is anecdotal.
    I wish mmochamp would have an upvote/downvote system, so I can up vote this and down vote OP

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Koochulu View Post
    Anecdotal comment is anecdotal.
    Well Aura is up to 30% on PTR (i believe it's 8% on live). So 20% buff.

    Picking Avalance over Hungering Rune Weapon is a 7% dps loss. Aside of that, there's only a small Murd Eff nerf and HoW nerf. Mostly compensated by an additional 10% buff to BOS.

    A 10% overall buff is pretty probable with a tendency to shorter Breaths which hit MUCH harder. So it also has an additional benefit.

    That's just a rough estimate, but more than "anecdotal".

    Edit:

    Lol current simcraft has the PTR changes implemented. My simcraft DPS changes from 1.080m dps to 1.231m dps (with RA, HOW, Avalanche, GS + BOS). A 14% dps buff. I put a 14% to my heroic dps from yesterday and i'd be top dps in my split heroic raid, beating nearly always every main char (i have 10 ilvls less with my alt). I'd be constantly topping the metres with ilvl 930+... and we arent that bad. 5/9m with 2 raids/week.
    Last edited by Klatar; 2017-08-03 at 04:07 PM.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    Picking Avalance over Hungering Rune Weapon is a 7% dps loss.
    They aren't even in the same talent level anymore -- you obviously don't know what you're talking about.

  7. #7
    So what you're telling me is I can stop trying to get unholy legs and just stick with frost???

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by bungie View Post
    They aren't even in the same talent level anymore -- you obviously don't know what you're talking about.
    Well obviously you don't know about this. Avalanche and HRW are talent row 3. HRW moves to talent row 7, so i did live sims with Avalanche instead of HRW (because HRW and BOS canmt be picked together).

    But anyways, who cares anymore? We have newest simc version with the PTr changes/buffs and my frost DPS goes up by 14% currently.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kluian05 View Post
    So what you're telling me is I can stop trying to get unholy legs and just stick with frost???
    If it goes live like that - well, frost will be crazily strong. A 14% buff would be too much.

    Maybe there's some bug and it isnt 14%. But the buff is just huge.

    A 14% buff would put frost at the top, ahead of arms. Maybe there's a bug in simc, but it looks possible.
    Last edited by Klatar; 2017-08-03 at 04:30 PM.

  9. #9
    I'm more worried that the increased buff (up to 30% aura) is to compensate for our garbage scaling, which is probably worse now that our talent tree is breaking up our best synergies.

    Happy to be wrong tho, I'd love for Frost to be top tier again.

  10. #10
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...gregate=amount

    Looking at ToS heroic (mythic still has very low sample sizes for later bosses), FDK is the second-lowest spec, #23 out of 24, at 992.7k DPS. If nothing else was changed for other specs, a 14% buff would put FDK at 1,132k DPS, which would rank #4 out of 24.

    Of course other specs are getting changes and buffs in 7.3 too, so you can't really do it that way-- but it's safe to say that a flat 14% buff wouldn't make FDK overpowered at all if done as a 7.2.5 hotfix (which it won't be). It would make FDK a strong top-tier spec, though.

    @Icedcoffeee: That's exactly their goal. Break the synergies supporting BoS so other builds are competitive, then compensate with a flat buff. Remember 7.3 is the last patch of the expansion-- they know the itemlvls that will be achievable in 7.3/7.3.5, and there's no further scaling to worry about until 8.0, which will come with major mechanical changes anyway.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2017-08-03 at 05:54 PM.

  11. #11
    How do the Non-BoS builds sim? I can't stand that playstyle personally and won't play it.
    SW:ToR Referral code for 7 free days of play: http://www.swtor.com/r/kyRr8Z

    When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others. It is the same when you are Stupid

  12. #12
    Scarab Lord hellhamster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Thessaloniki, Greece
    Posts
    4,485
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    How do the Non-BoS builds sim? I can't stand that playstyle personally and won't play it.
    Apparently according to the discord dudes running dummies, some other builds are equal or better even than breath.

    Looking at RA, HoW, Gathering Storm, Hungering Rune weapon specifically where you basically play regular frost, but in bloodlust mode with fuckhuge resources.

    I think Breath will give an edge of ~5% in the end, but other builds will be viable, or even preferable where you can't breath for ~20ish consecutive seconds.
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2017-08-03 at 10:07 PM.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Apparently according to the discord dudes running dummies, some other builds are equal or better even than breath.

    Looking at RA, HoW, Gathering Storm, Hungering Rune weapon specifically where you basically play regular frost, but in bloodlust mode with fuckhuge resources.

    I think Breath will give an edge of ~5% in the end, but other builds will be viable, or even preferable where you can't breath for ~20ish consecutive seconds.
    My issue with breath is that I play mostly dungeons and open world content, so I feel like I can't or shouldn't use it except on bosses or big bads due to the long cooldown and therefore feel like I'm crippling myself because I'm not using my full kit. I much prefer builds where you use your full kit all, or at least most, of the time and supplement that style with proper cooldown and proc usage to give good burst when you need it.

    Like right now, I much prefer a Frostscythe, Machine Gun, Obliteration or even Glacial Advance build because I feel like I'm using my whole kit...even though I know the damage is worse than a BoS build.
    SW:ToR Referral code for 7 free days of play: http://www.swtor.com/r/kyRr8Z

    When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others. It is the same when you are Stupid

  14. #14
    I messed around a few weeks ago playing MG spec. Was fun. Numbers looked good. I did not try breath in the 5 mans.

    HRW with a Sephuz proc had me at 88% haste and .98xxx attack speed (IT) and I was a fucking blender!
    Many will trash this. Fuk em. I want to play MG again. It was very enjoyable and proactive play style in EN 7.1.5
    Was even more enjoyable when I realized I was wearing Koltiras and my frozen pulse damage stunk but OB crits were pretty high. Over 900k some or them

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    My issue with breath is that I play mostly dungeons and open world content, so I feel like I can't or shouldn't use it except on bosses or big bads due to the long cooldown and therefore feel like I'm crippling myself because I'm not using my full kit. I much prefer builds where you use your full kit all, or at least most, of the time and supplement that style with proper cooldown and proc usage to give good burst when you need it.

    Like right now, I much prefer a Frostscythe, Machine Gun, Obliteration or even Glacial Advance build because I feel like I'm using my whole kit...even though I know the damage is worse than a BoS build.
    It seems I can't post links atm. rip. But if you like Frostscythe or Obli builds, check out my channel on youtube (search Hellbread and u can figure the rest).

    There're two builds you may be interested in: Obli/RA using PoEM/Kolt (the vid is pre-aura buff, but I retested it just today and it came out between 1.2 and 1.3 mil ST dps over 5 minute fights) or if frostscythe is your thing, there's a concept build for that (also pre-aura, sorry it takes a while to test things... then make vids...)

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellbread View Post
    It seems I can't post links atm. rip. But if you like Frostscythe or Obli builds, check out my channel on youtube (search Hellbread and u can figure the rest).

    There're two builds you may be interested in: Obli/RA using PoEM/Kolt (the vid is pre-aura buff, but I retested it just today and it came out between 1.2 and 1.3 mil ST dps over 5 minute fights) or if frostscythe is your thing, there's a concept build for that (also pre-aura, sorry it takes a while to test things... then make vids...)
    Thanks for the advice, very much appreciated. Will definitely check out.
    SW:ToR Referral code for 7 free days of play: http://www.swtor.com/r/kyRr8Z

    When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others. It is the same when you are Stupid

  17. #17
    This actually made me think about the HB build. So I retested it to 10 iterations and then made a new video for it. (should be most recent).

  18. #18
    Newest simc version already has the PTR changes implemented. I can't guarantee that it simc is correct, but RA, HOW, Avalanche, GS + BOS sims highest for me, DPS goes up from 1.08m with current build on live to 1.231m with new build (about 14% increase).

    The machine gun builds i tried ended up 4-5% lower than BOS. But i didnt switch legendaries or gear.

  19. #19
    Scarab Lord hellhamster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Thessaloniki, Greece
    Posts
    4,485
    Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    Newest simc version already has the PTR changes implemented. I can't guarantee that it simc is correct, but RA, HOW, Avalanche, GS + BOS sims highest for me, DPS goes up from 1.08m with current build on live to 1.231m with new build (about 14% increase).

    The machine gun builds i tried ended up 4-5% lower than BOS. But i didnt switch legendaries or gear.
    Heh, called it.

  20. #20
    Obliteration feels really nice with the fact that consuming a rime proc is no longer a waste. Is it better than breath? On PTR I feel that they are close enough that you can go either one without screwing over the raid (unlike live). I am still trying to get use to HRW as the 100 talent, it works but it feels even more frantic than going obliteration.

    Still waiting for Icy talons to go to 8 seconds and or a revert of the thronebreaker nerf. To be clear I don't want frost to be top 7.3 because we all know how quickly frost will get smacked back down. But if we could hit somewhere in the mid or upper mid, that would be nice.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •