Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Better View Post
    I find it funny that you directly say you can't prove the sub numbers of either game, then make the assertion WoW "keeps losing subs".
    Last report they was, Are they now? Who knows.

Games lose and gain all the time and WoW is no different from this. There numbers isn't static.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Detheavn View Post
    I like how FFXIV won't let you enter the dungeon unless you are in the job (which determines the role) you queued up for.
    If I queued up as a white mage, I'm not getting in unless I'm a white mage. Can't even get in as another healer.
    Yep WoW needs to 100% do this.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Yep WoW needs to 100% do this.
    No thanks, if it's an issue you kick the person. You should still be afforded the freedom to switch if a fight is 1 tankable or if you have too many healers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    No thanks, if it's an issue you kick the person. You should still be afforded the freedom to switch if a fight is 1 tankable or if you have too many healers.
    They could force roles and just allow the group to vote on if its ok for someone to change a role. So you can have the best of both worlds and none of the trolling BS.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    They could force roles and just allow the group to vote on if its ok for someone to change a role. So you can have the best of both worlds and none of the trolling BS.
    This would make for a fine solution in situations where a tank leaves and for some magical reason a new one won't show up for ages. Vote, have one swap role and immediately get a fresh DPS in instead.

Last report they was, Are they now? Who knows.

Games lose and gain all the time and WoW is no different from this. There numbers isn't static.
    And yet you claim we're in the "day and age where WoW keeps losing subs." The statement wasn't ambiguous. You directly state that there's no accurate way to determine sub count, then go on to say that you can definitively say WoW keeps losing subs. Comes off as "Well you can't PROVE that, but also I can say the same thing with no proof because I can."

Quote Originally Posted by Better View Post
    And yet you claim we're in the "day and age where WoW keeps losing subs." The statement wasn't ambiguous. You directly state that there's no accurate way to determine sub count, then go on to say that you can definitively say WoW keeps losing subs. Comes off as "Well you can't PROVE that, but also I can say the same thing with no proof because I can."
    I can prove they lose subs because no games keeps all there subs........

I could go unsub right now and that proves my point they lose subs....

Are you saying WoW never loses them?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Detheavn View Post
    This would make for a fine solution in situations where a tank leaves and for some magical reason a new one won't show up for ages. Vote, have one swap role and immediately get a fresh DPS in instead.
    Yep simple fix to simple problem

If Blizzard wanted LFR groups to cooperate it wouldn't mix non-English speaking players into NA servers.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

I can prove they lose subs because no games keeps all there subs........

I could go unsub right now and that proves my point they lose subs....

Are you saying WoW never loses them?
    The way the thing I originally replied to directly implied it is losing more subs than it gains. An implication you have yet to substantiate. You don't say the "day and age where WoW keeps losing subs." if you merely mean some people subscribe, and others unsubscribe. It's plain to see what this sentence meant. And the entire reason I'm pointing it out in the first place is that it was in the EXACT SAME POST that you, correctly, pointed out that there's no way of knowing for sure what the sub count of either game is.

I remember Siege of Orgrimmar LFR. It wasn't a tourist attrection, you could actually wipe and people did.
    Then a few weeks after it opened, and raiders stopped queuing it for gear they had to hit the entire raid with a nerf bat because the 'plebs' couldn't do it anymore.

I applaud the idea of LFR being able to present an actually bottom entry challenge.
    But it doesn't work.

We have normal mode for that.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    damn that got you riled didn't it? not my fault you play a shit game champ

this is your definition of a competitor it seems, put me in a cage with a lion, me and the lion are both living creatures therefore we are competitors in the fight. Now let's make me FF, and the lion WoW - do you see how dumb you are yet?
    So all you got is childish remarks, Why am I not surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    I don't know where you got that from, but let me help you champ, WoW has a lot lot more subs than FF, it makes more money. FF does not threaten wow, most the WoW community doesn't even think about FF, it's not a competitor, it sucks
    By ur logic COD is the best shooter/game in the world because its makes the most money....

You can say FFXIV isn't a competitor all you want, Blizzard on the other hand disagree's with you. As for the WoW community not thinking about FFXIV at all, Last checked you don't speak for the community. On this site alone it has a very active FFXIV forum section.

You can't claim WoW has more subs then FFXIV because we don't know what subs ether has. Wow last reported 5.3mil and that was mid WOD.

I get it you like WoW and WoW is a solid game. Maybe you should be playing it and not baiting on a forum site.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-08-09 at 03:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korru View Post
    This won't last, people need to move on to do Normal difficulty.
    They never will, most have no desire to go further.

Here's to hoping. I don't think there should be any difficulties so easy they take such dedicated effort to fail. It should stay the easiest difficulty, and one that can be achieved without a dedicated guild and voice chat, but if you can ignore literally every single mechanic completely and the boss still goes down it's too easy.

I also approve of more content this expansion having difficulty gates to it. IE a quest that sends you to a dungeon, but you have to do it on mythic difficulty. At the time of the Suramar questline's release, that was a solid challenge, but it motivated me to rise to it. If all the content can be experienced on release day at "tourist" difficulty, you have no motivation to go any higher than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Looking at the new fight it still feels like tourist mode.
    Going to post this again as OP is as usual making false claims that devs are reversing and returning to MoP difficultly.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    The team is hoping to make difficulty closer to Mists of Pandaria difficulty than Warlords. There are some fights that are too easy still.
    Fights will still be easier than MoP. Sorry eltist OP, devs are still far from your dream of making LFR normal difficulty and pushing millions of players out of experiencing raid content to suit your skill as an organized raider.

Seems pretty unfair to the LFR population considering they all work 4 full-time jobs and have 9 kids to take care of.

Aside from WoD, LFR has pretty much never been a tourist mode. Outside of WoD, that was only said as some sort of analogy or as some way to save face toward elitists.

Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    They never will, most have no desire to go further.
    This is something people arguing for the removal of LfR don't seem to understand: "real" raiding was a niche activity and will always be. Remove LfR means removing a big chunk of players from raids because people who didn't raid before LfR will not raid when it's gone.

Personally I am fine with that because with enough wipes people will learn or leave.
    Try playing a french LFR. I left after 7 tries. Most of these tries were because of low dps. I gave up.

The quote in the title of this thread is taken out of context. I didn't interpret anything they said to mean "LFR is going to be harder" as this thread implies.

When they were discussing this in the Q&A, it was in reference to the more recent and prevalent practice of removing mechanics for LFR rather than having all the normal/heroic mechanics present, but nerfed so hard that they could just be ignored (usually with the exception of 1-2 "important" mechanics). They said that removing mechanics makes it so you aren't seeing the full fight. Ion said that having a bunch of trivial mechanics distracted from the 1-2 relevant ones, so they would rather remove trivial mechanics from LFR to allow people to focus on the important ones.

The way I interpreted what they were saying is they no longer want LFR to be "you can see the whole fight, but likely won't wipe", a.k.a. "Tourist mode", and want it to be more of a (very easy) difficulty unto itself like they have also turned Normal into and like Mythic (and old Heroic) always has been.

It basically boils down to mechanics can be different for the different difficulties. I don't see what's wrong or controversial about that.
    Last edited by Squirl; 2017-08-10 at 04:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    They want the rewards to stay but increase the difficulty a bit. That's all. For example the Maiden fight they changed the mechanics completely compared to normal/heroic but at the same time it can easily wipe the raid due to bombs. Avatar has a higher DPS check than the other bosses and you need to get out of the fel laval in phase 2. People really can't afk the entire time unless you want to hit 5 determination stacks.

Those are examples of making mechanics to fit the difficulty rather than buffing abilities to 2 shot you or nerfing the abilities to the ground so people ignore them.
    By "increase the difficulty", you mean revert to Mists of Pandaria LFR difficulty? I remember when Garrosh LFR required 10 stacks of determination. The fact is, no one tries in LFR. You're not going to get more than 3 geared people per LFR group that actually care enough to carry the people who are AFK or just inexcusably terrible at the game.

If there's a false sense of accomplishment by running into a wall and dying until you get enough determination stacks to beat that wall, then so be it. LFR loot is only good for trinkets or lucky rerolls. Gold or augment runes are a waste of time from LFR. There's always far more lucrative and efficient ways to earn more money for less time, and just buy the augment runes. The only way to seriously play LFR is to be mostly AFK while doing homework or watching a show. Otherwise, there's no point.