Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

There is no longer a desire to make Raid Finder a tourist mode.

And I say awesome, some challenge to LFR is great.

(The quote in the title is from the Q&A on the home page)

Hope they start releasing it alongside NM or at lease Mythic.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Raid Finder ought to have item level brackets
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Nice! I cried every night when I remembered that I could no longer enjoy being one of the three people not afking through bosses that can actually wipe you. It's so sad that LFR now takes usually no more than one attempt per boss and we can finish each wing in less than an hour. Blizzard to the rescue! Thanks!

This won't last, people need to move on to do Normal difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by Korru View Post
    That's probably the point.

whenever i see taglines like this, i think they're more along the lines of "Lock her up!" or "Drain the swamp!"

Tell people what they want to hear, and they'll get all hyped in their own misconceptions.

Normal is easy to pug day1... and not by "elitist wordfirst" types either, but by average joes that raided a little in the previous tier and have a basic idea of their character, the gear, and the ability to read the ingame dungeon journal entries. For LFR to be *easier* than Normal, it has to place lower expectations than even that

7+ Year Old Account
    What this game needs, most definitely, is more difficulty levels.
    - Story Mode
    - LFR
    - Pre-normal
    - Normal
    - Normal + 1
    - Pre-heroic
    - Heroic
    - Heroic +1
    - Pre-mythic
    - Mythic
    - Mythic +1
    - Survival
    /sarcasm

Based on when I last played the game, Sept '15, I was thinking the following two changes should be made:
    1. LFR should be pure story mode, as it, essentially, was first disclosed to be.
    2. Normal mode raids should have the same queuing system as LFR and 5man normal/heroics.

Based on current discussions about normal and LFR, seems the above two thoughts are still appropriate.

I really don't get the idea behind any level of difficulty in LFR. The items are crap, it's a menu click quickplay option, it's meant to be the easiest difficulty by far - why dwell on the fact that it's easy? Casual players can go for normal/HC runs anytime they want, LFR is perfect for this 20 min brainless content to relax.

Deleted
    The delay for LFR is so that people get into normal and above raiding and an increase in difficulty doesnt change that.

LFR being too easy is not really an issue. There's harder difficulties already.

Making LFR harder won't increase the skill of the LFR playerbase. It will only make them wipe a lot more. People will complain a lot more.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    "Tourist mode" LFR is awesome for veterans that quit raiding, know how real raiding looks like and just want to see bosses and experience story. But new players very often see this mess (people not doing mechanics and getting away with that, toxic chat, etc.) and think that raiding looks exactly like this. So maybe it's step in right direction.

I personally think that Blizz should directly support and advertise sites like OpenRaid, or even better, create something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    What this game needs, most definitely, is more difficulty levels.
    - Story Mode
    - LFR
    - Pre-normal
    - Normal
    - Normal + 1
    - Pre-heroic
    - Heroic
    - Heroic +1
    - Pre-mythic
    - Mythic
    - Mythic +1
    - Survival
    /sarcasm

Based on when I last played the game, Sept '15, I was thinking the following two changes should be made:
    1. LFR should be pure story mode, as it, essentially, was first disclosed to be.
    2. Normal mode raids should have the same queuing system as LFR and 5man normal/heroics.

Based on current discussions about normal and LFR, seems the above two thoughts are still appropriate.
    Lol stick to your day job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliddqvist View Post
    Sorry, but I disagree. When go to do look more like, you have to consider as decided the need to go want to look. If you merely decided as to think to half of that, you might as well go to a floor towards as the far. I can't believe you deny the use of further deciding to even want to do look more like, when the rest of us have decided to need a want. Go ahead, go want to do look more like further than a half. It gets you nowhere, I can tell you that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Making Raid Finder less like tourist mode is a good step as long as it's accompanied by some systems that take care of trolls, slackers and AFK players.

If not it will largely be a futile step that they'll need to retreat from.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Making Raid Finder less like tourist mode is a good step as long as it's accompanied by some systems that take care of trolls, slackers and AFK players.

Would be cool if LFR had a summary at the end like battlegrounds do, and you could refer to them in-game with a link.
    Failure to execute mechanics would give a player a low rating, and they could click details on their failures to view relevant dungeon journal entries.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smaktat View Post
    Lol stick to your day job.
    You should make that your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post

I 100% agree and like I said in the OP I hope they release it alongside NM or at lease Mythic. It seems Blizzard mite stop treating LFR like its a bastard child and more like (another) raid mode that it is.

They should add a system like the one FFXIV uses to rate players. But make it so better rating equals a extra reward.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Failure to execute mechanics would give a player a low rating, and they could click details on their failures to view relevant dungeon journal entries.
    Yeah my opinion for years: the game desperately needs some kind of system that shows the player that s/he is doing it wrong. You can level to max literally pushing 1 button. There need to be important quest mobs that heal fully if you don't interrupt them, with one shot frontal cleaves, punish standing too near/far etc pp. Automatic messages that pop up after fights "hey there are more skills in your spell book, try some of them".

If a player wants to get better at playing s/he needs to use outside sources. The game should at the very least point to them if it isn't pointing out you play badly.

The earliest a player pushing 1 button now will get told that's not enough is in dungeons, and that feedback probably istn't very nice in most cases.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Many basic mechanics are simply not taught anymore, like attacking a boss front vs back. (parry)

Vanilla raiding had some of the craziest cleave action on dragons if melee didn't position proper.

I have no problem with making LFR harder, and also force the 5 healers into healing spec.

Making mechanics interesting is better then just a strict enrage timer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korru View Post
    Merge LFR with the Difficulty of Normal Mode, call it raid queue, remove Normal difficulty, problem solved. Elitists will still have HC to block people from pugressing into and Mythic to chortle over, People who want challenge in LFR will get it and lfr raiders will adapt and deal with harder queueable raids as it means they still don't have to deal with manual group formation for getting gear. Heck make determination stacks lower the item level reward of raid boss gear every time a raid fucks up in the new raid queue mode to offset complaints and make the stacks personal so it doesn't affect those who replace leavers. Also would help with Blizzard Balancing by getting rid of a middling difficulty and just making it standard.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    Merge LFR with the Difficulty of Normal Mode, call it raid queue, remove Normal difficulty, problem solved. Elitists will still have HC to block people from pugressing into and Mythic to chortle over, People who want challenge in LFR will get it and lfr raiders will adapt and deal with harder queueable raids as it means they still don't have to deal with manual group formation for getting gear. Heck make determination stacks lower the item level reward of raid boss gear every time a raid fucks up in the new raid queue mode to offset complaints and make the stacks personal so it doesn't affect those who replace leavers. Also would help with Blizzard Balancing by getting rid of a middling difficulty and just making it standard.
    We have the award for the worst idea in this thread...